News:

PD.com: our ability to recall your stupidity makes elephants look like Alzheimer's patients.

Main Menu

Did you know that

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, October 26, 2009, 08:01:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

They have braille on the keys at the drive up ATM?

True story.

TGRR,
Can't take much more of this.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cramulus

these days the blind people just duct tape the white cane to their fender

be on the lookout - they always have the right of way

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cramulus on October 26, 2009, 08:19:56 PM
these days the blind people just duct tape the white cane to their fender

be on the lookout - they always have the right of way

Explains Tucson drivers.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Triple Zero

:lulz:

... drive-thru ATMs. only in America.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Jenne

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 26, 2009, 08:01:55 PM

True story.

TGRR,

I discovered that over a decade ago and thought it was hilarious.  It's part of the Disabilities Act.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Triple Zero on October 26, 2009, 08:26:19 PM
... drive-thru ATMs. only in America.

You Euros have no appreciation for the American way of life.  We like our cars.  Our SUVs.  Our Rascal™ scooters to get our enormous asses to the bank and then WalMart to buy more...

I'm not crying.  It's allergy season, here in the desert.

Dimocritus

I wonder what the braille signs say at the ATM (or all of the other random spots they show up. As if the blind have some kind of spider-sense telling them where all these random signs are. "Wait, Jimmy. I think there's a sign over here!).

"If you can read this, you're trying too hard."
HOUSE OF GABCab ~ "caecus plumbum caecus"

The Good Reverend Roger

Triple Zero

Quote from: Jenne on October 26, 2009, 08:28:55 PM

True story.

TGRR,

I discovered that over a decade ago and thought it was hilarious.  It's part of the Disabilities Act.

I'd personally guess that it's because these touchpads are all supposed to look the same, so people can tell if they are being skimmed, and that it just costs more to order separate pads without braille bumps, than just to have the same pads on every ATM?

... but that would be the boring explanation.

To up for the boring, I will give you the extra retarded explanation, and that is, that obviously, this is meant if you go through a drive thru ATM, and you have a blind passenger that wants to withdraw, amirite? :lol:
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I hate to be the boring stupid person with blind friends, but yeah, it's because blind people use ATMs, and it's cheaper to just make all the keypads blind-friendly than make some with braille and some without. And it has happened, upon an occasion, where the braille ATM drive-through has come in handy. On the way to the strip club, if you can believe it.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Bu🤠ns

Quote from: Triple Zero on October 26, 2009, 09:19:44 PM
Quote from: Jenne on October 26, 2009, 08:28:55 PM

True story.

TGRR,

I'd personally guess that it's because these touchpads are all supposed to look the same, so people can tell if they are being skimmed, and that it just costs more to order separate pads without braille bumps, than just to have the same pads on every ATM?

... but that would be the boring explanation.

To up for the boring, I will give you the extra retarded explanation, and that is, that obviously, this is meant if you go through a drive thru ATM, and you have a blind passenger that wants to withdraw, amirite? :lol:

That's right, because you better be getting some gas money.

Payne

YOUR BORING EXPLANATIONS ARE INTERFERING WITH SOME GOOD OL' FASHIONED RAGE, HORROR AND SIDE SPLITTING BELLY LAUGHTER.

DESIST, OR I'LL DO TO YOU WHAT I DID TO JAR-JAR BINKS.

~~~Payne: Still banned from The Skywalker Ranch.

Sir Squid Diddimus

Quote from: Nigel on October 27, 2009, 07:18:40 AM
I hate to be the boring stupid person with blind friends, but yeah, it's because blind people use ATMs, and it's cheaper to just make all the keypads blind-friendly than make some with braille and some without. And it has happened, upon an occasion, where the braille ATM drive-through has come in handy. On the way to the strip club, if you can believe it.

Please forgive my uproarious laughter.

Iason Ouabache

You took a blind dude to a strip club?   :? Did you have him braille-read Candy's nipples?
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Jenne

Yeah, hey, Nigel--I read that this a.m. and did a HUR? but figured s/he was in it for the company s/he was keeping.