News:

Yeah, fuckface! Get ready to be beaten down. Grrr! Internet ain't so safe now is it motherfucker! Shit just got real! Bam!

Main Menu

So where were you guys in 2003?

Started by Cain, October 27, 2009, 04:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenne

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on October 27, 2009, 04:48:05 PM
I was wondering when the Militia-Men idea would come back in vogue...

The moment a democrat got elected.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Jenne

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 27, 2009, 08:13:31 PM
Quote from: LMNO on October 27, 2009, 04:48:05 PM
I was wondering when the Militia-Men idea would come back in vogue...

The moment a democrat got elected.

Right on the money, Rog.

Cain

Racial and religious nuttery aside, militias wouldn't be so bad, if not for the inconsistent way they seem to percieve where threats to liberty are actually, you know, coming from  ie; both parties who form the Washington Duopoly, not just the crypto-Marxist, Satanic, Baby-Eating Dems.  After all, the GOP has its own crypto-Marxist, Satanic Baby-eaters too.

As they exist though, they're pretty much an unofficial arm of the Republican Party.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Cain on October 27, 2009, 08:31:36 PM
Racial and religious nuttery aside, militias wouldn't be so bad, if not for the inconsistent way they seem to percieve where threats to liberty are actually, you know, coming from  ie; both parties who form the Washington Duopoly, not just the crypto-Marxist, Satanic, Baby-Eating Dems.  After all, the GOP has its own crypto-Marxist, Satanic Baby-eaters too.

As they exist though, they're pretty much an unofficial arm of the Republican Party.

Yep, a,long with many of the other 'liberty' focused Americans... they have had the Blue = Commie drilled into their brains for so long they miss Red= Gestapo Boot Squad.

I mean really, Public Option Healthcare versus The USA PATRIOT ACT, or, Auto Bailout versus Holding US Citizens for years without charges or trial... now which impinges on personal freedom and liberty?
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Jenne

THANK YOU! EXACTLY!  (but the Libertarians will EVER say that's a NAY)

Jenne

Quote from: Doctor Rat Bastard on October 27, 2009, 08:39:33 PM

Yep, a,long with many of the other 'liberty' focused Americans... they have had the Blue = Commie drilled into their brains for so long they miss Red= Gestapo Boot Squad.

I mean really, Public Option Healthcare versus The USA PATRIOT ACT, or, Auto Bailout versus Holding US Citizens for years without charges or trial... now which impinges on personal freedom and liberty?

I feel for certain a lot of these folks are pretty much in line with the thinking that only CERTAIN Americans DESERVE those so-called liberties and freedoms.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Jenne on October 27, 2009, 08:41:33 PM

I feel for certain a lot of these folks are pretty much in line with the thinking that only CERTAIN Americans DESERVE those so-called liberties and freedoms.

I get a sneaking suspicion that you're right.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Jenne on October 27, 2009, 08:41:33 PM

This shithole deserves everything it's begging for.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Jenne

Lipservice to Liberties.

That's what they should be called.  Instead of Militia Men.

Requia ☣

So are they going to also swear not to violate the constitution on their own initiative?  No?  Why am I not surprised.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Halfbaked1

Where was I?

I was ranting to anyone who would listen that the Iraq war was a major mistake.  I was happy to see Hussein get his, but i knew what the thing was about and I knew what would happen.  So far I haven't been proven worng.  We are still there, trying to help the government legitimize itself without having them look like they are a puppet state of the United States Government.  The Middle East went from hating us to REALLY hating us.  All in all, I really didn't like 2003.

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Iptuous on October 27, 2009, 05:47:52 PM
It's been going on for a lot longer than 'months', now.

also, i would say that, although in the minority, a decent number of these people were just as dissatisfied with Bush as they are with Obama, in regards to the direction the state is headed. (and believe things would be largely the same under McCain...)

lastly, i would say that it would be wise not to laugh these guys off.  It may be the case that in the 90's when the militia movement was pumped the overall feeling was that they were getting ready for a revolution that 'would come' or a disaster that 'would happen'.  the sentiment now is qualitatively different.  it seems to be growing towards a more active stance.  Whether one agrees with them at all, it must be recognized that the perception of these fellows is that things are, at a rapidly increasing pace, approaching the territory where it is their moral duty to initiate an overthrown of the govt.

just a couple zincolns from me.....

I think they are right, and we need to get them on our side.  Tell them we are ready for the revolution and here are their marching orders.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: BabylonHoruv on October 28, 2009, 11:46:41 AMI think they are right, and we need to get them on our side.  Tell them we are ready for the revolution and here are their marching orders.

Our side?  what the cock is our side?  You jus better remember to stay off'n my prop'rty when TSHTF, lest i send some 7.62mm 'marching orders' your way!

:wink:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Jenne on October 27, 2009, 09:06:49 PM
Lipservice to Liberties.

That's what they should be called.  Instead of Militia Men.

How about "Fat Insurance Salesmen Playing At Being Ernst Rohm"?