News:

I live in the Promised Land, except the Chosen People are all trying to get out. 

Main Menu

I don't know if this idea is brilliant, terrible, or both

Started by Cain, October 27, 2009, 09:22:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

It's pretty simple, but when you consider the implications...

Everyone on PD.com writes a short essay about a Discordian theme, like order versus chaos or confirmation bias, or hierarchy free religion, but in a distinctive literary style.  For example, order versus chaos in the style of a 1930s hardboiled detective novel (this is bad, but to be fair, I came up with this idea like, 10 seconds ago):

QuoteIt's a wickedly simple game.  Order versus chaos, structure versus anarchy, law versus mayhem.

It's been going on a long time.  Long as history itself.  Neither side seems able to keep the upper hand.

But which side to take?

It's the killer question.  The big one.

But sooner or later, it's a choice everyone has to make.

There is a whole list of different genres here, assuming anyone other than me is stupid enough to do this.

Requia ☣

I've been meaning to write something on blind spot bias anyway.... lets see if any of these fit.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Captain Utopia

I am Cram, Cram I am.

I do not like Professor Cram.

Would you an escape plan?

I would not like an escape plan, I do not want one Cram I am.

Do you like your nine to five, would you say you're still alive?

I do not like my nine to five, but I would say I am still alive.
  I do not want an escape plan, I do not want one, Cram I am.

Would you like to barricade the doors, and with this fire-axe liberate all the floors?

I will not barricade any doors, I will not liberate any floors.

Look at the fat fucks in marketing, we could roast their flesh and dance and sing!

I will not eat the marketing team, what are you on? You've gone obscene!

Look around you what do you see? Is this all you want to ever be?

I will not look you can't make me, happiness requires conformity.

Oh god wake up, and don't believe your own lies
  ...As he heard the voice, the internal struggle intensified...

I want to eat the marketing team, I want to hear them curse and scream!
  I will so barricade the doors, and bring true synergy to all the floors!
  I might not see another nine or five, but at least I can say I was alive!
  I do not need another escape plan, I've made my own, Professor Cram.

Man. That sucks balls. Feel free to rape this corpse of any ideas not already beyond putrefaction.

Requia ☣

I'm not really sure when the aliens showed up.  I noticed them the first time maybe 15 years ago, when I was still a kid.  But maybe they were there before then and I just didn't know how to spot them.  I don''t think there's an official name for them, but I call them Biases.  You might have seen people who are possessed by them..  They live in the next town or city, inside the people who have different beliefs than you.

Thats right I said inside, right under the skin, you can see the bumps if you look close, but they're pretty small.  Except the big one on the back of their neck, that one keeps them from noticing all the other little aliens that live inside them.  And from noticing them on their neighbors too, since you can't see any of the types of aliens you have.

Oops, I slipped, yeah, you have em too, including the big one on your neck.  Yours are different than the ones the *other* kind of people have though, people not like us.  So you can still see the ones the others have.  I think thats on purpose, they want us to fight, and wipe the other kind of bug out for them.  We haven't done a huge amount of fighting to kill the aliens lately though.  Instead we just divide up and everybody lives with people who have the aliens they can't see.

Just don't mention the Biases to anybody who has em, they tend to freak out if you do... just like you are.  I better run before you get really pissed.

It sucks being the only person not infected by the aliens.  And I swear they did something to make the back of my neck itch.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

dontblameyoko

Quote from: fictionpuss on October 27, 2009, 10:10:37 PM
I am Cram, Cram I am.

Would you like to barricade the doors, and with this fire-axe liberate all the floors?

Look at the fat fucks in marketing, we could roast their flesh and dance and sing!

Man. That sucks balls. Feel free to rape this corpse of any ideas not already beyond putrefaction.

i kinda liked it actually.
BBBBP
PPBLL ~Ted Kennedy as a baby (http://beatonna.livejournal.com/116931.html)
"ty7h hg uh nmcx,m cv8t gygj jg" ~another baby

The Johnny

Quote from: fictionpuss on October 27, 2009, 10:10:37 PM
I am Cram, Cram I am.

I liked it Mr. Puss
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Cramulus

LMNO

From my chair, I could see the door strain against its hinges, as the gibbering monstrosity of Chaos sought to enter and obliterate our world.  With a shaking hand, I snatched up the piece of chalk Dr. Pinkner created for me in one hand, and the protractor in the other.

As I furiously set to creating the Rune of Order on the floor of the tiny room, I could hear the incoherent shrieking of Chaos grow ever louder behind the door.  Terrible visions flitted before my eyes as the moment of the Breaching grew ever closer.  Fish-eyed spiders with ichor dripping from their fangs scurried at the edge of my vision as my trembling hand attempted to draw a straight line.  One more cross-piece, and the rune would be finished...

The moment my chalk bisected the final line, the door exploded inward, blowing a foul, fetid stench into my face.  I fell back, my face twitching in horror as an unguent blackness seeped into the room. A thousand shrieking voiced filled my ears, and I scurried to the bookcase.  My eyes were full of tears, and as I wiped them away, I could see they were tinted with blood.  "Back!  Back!" I cried, my heart savagely beating in terror. "The Rune of Order has been completed!"

A thick oily voice, dripping with the unformed void, whispered into my ear as consciousness left me, "Ssssilly humansss.  We can only arrivesss when the Order becomesss overwhelming..." 

Eater of Clowns

Ash stared into the grainy diluted light, so oddly reminiscent of an aged film, and people defeatedly still refer to as our sun.  He bitterly recalled the back seat of his father's old Corolla as they coasted toward another family vacation, his mother catching him looking into our sacred star, its life still evident and benevolent.  Not the mockery of life we've turned it in to, a spark of our precious various gods.  They're all dead now.  They burned with the rest of the world, mixed into the ashes of buildings, forests, people, animals.  In a way, ash is god now.  And in his way, Ash is god now.

Like so much of humanity with too much time, the time of an idle god, Ash had given to thinking before the world was wasted.  He thought of what to call the murder of the world, grimly and satisfactorily deciding upon The Great Oops.  In the months that followed he'd seen true horror.  Murder, theft, cannibalism, rape, slavery were just words, meaningless words to describe actions as they fit in more meaningless words like government, society, laws, civilization, equality.  But with an erased collective conciousness he no longer knew what they meant.  There was living and the living within it, and dead everywhere else.

No, thinking of justice and humanity didn't get him anywhere.  Not like staring at the bright spot behind the ash clouds did.  At least there he could tell the ash was settling, that one day the sun might be discernible as a celestial object again, that before he died of some atrocity or accident, or before Ash died from the ash, he might feel its warmth on his face.

The fruitless musings gave way to other passings of time, eyes scanning relentlessly on the horizon for the human shells now representing his peers or the ground for the little divots and soft spots that would bust the wheel on his cart.  That was all there was.  Order was the tiny wheel, Disorder was the crack in the pavement, and Chaos was the vanishing point in the ash.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Triple Zero

I'd like to give this a try, but I'd prefer if if it was an assignment, so would someone give me a Discordian theme and a literary style to write? cause I never know what Discordian themes I could write about except certain topics of mental fappage which, frankly, were fun to explore but kind of dead ends.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

the other anonymous

Quote from: Triple Zero on October 30, 2009, 08:36:07 AM
I'd like to give this a try, but I'd prefer if if it was an assignment, so would someone give me a Discordian theme and a literary style to write? cause I never know what Discordian themes I could write about except certain topics of mental fappage which, frankly, were fun to explore but kind of dead ends.

Theme: The relationship between Eris and her sister Aneris.
Genre: Fantasy of manners

LMNO

Captain Utopia

Theme: Real Discordians
Genre: Your favourite troll blend

KopyKat253

I try and want to explain this game in which we watch to never be seen.
To love to kiss and not the band nor the flame inside your hand.
For kiss to know just ask and see the acronym in which you need.

Keep It Simple Stupid
Write for the masses. Don't use to many big words.
The mob doesn't like lexicographers.

the other anonymous

Quote from: KopyKat253 on November 05, 2009, 10:12:02 PM
I try and want to explain this game in which we watch to never be seen.
To love to kiss and not the band nor the flame inside your hand.
For kiss to know just ask and see the acronym in which you need.

Wut? :?