News:

Endorsement: "I would highly suggest that you steer clear of this website at all costs and disconnect yourself from all affiliation with those involved."

Main Menu

ATTN: Roger, what the hell goes through these people's heads?

Started by ., October 27, 2009, 09:37:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on October 28, 2009, 09:34:28 PM
I'M JUST SAYING THERE ARE SOME GAPING HOLES IN THIS STORY. Like the one where Arizona's ERs are somehow able to independently commit junkies to inpatient treatment at behavioral therapy facilities, and how this is paid for. Because no matter how many junkies you bill for their involuntary inpatient time, you're not going to get a high rate of recompense. And once word got out, every junkie desperate to get clean would be taking too many pills and heading to the ER.

And I still want to know what Nivek WANTED them to have done, instead of telling her to wait it out, and sending her to rehab. Tucked her into a nice cozy bed and read her a story?

Ima let her answer, except to say that we have very, very odd rules concerning mental issues here in Arizona.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on October 28, 2009, 09:35:38 PM

Not buying it, Roger.

:|

Where are these "federal funds" for Oregon?

Too many implausible explanations, not enough fact.

You can fix bad credit in seven years, ask me how.

My search engine is borked here, but when I get home I will post a link.

We have a version of Florida's "Baker Act".  So does Oregon, from what little "Bing" would deliver on a search.  

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 28, 2009, 09:56:52 PM

Not buying it, Roger.

:|

You appear to be speculating, and I am not doubting that you are honest, I am doubting that you are correct.

Where are these "federal funds" for Oregon?

Too many implausible explanations, not enough fact.

You can fix bad credit in seven years, ask me how.

My search engine is borked here, but when I get home I will post a link.

We have a version of Florida's "Baker Act".  So does Oregon, from what little "Bing" would deliver on a search.  

Not that I'm aware of. My ex (the heroin junkie) tried to have me committed. Luckily (for me, if not for the thousands who need to be and aren't) it's not that easy in Oregon. The Community Mental Health Program has completely inadequate funding (see OSH and Dammasch closures).

But even so, that's a whole different ball of wax; then they're not treating her as a druggie, they're treating her as a suicide attempt, and that doesn't really mesh with the original premise of the story very well.

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Quote from: Nigel on October 28, 2009, 07:10:08 PM
Quote from: NiveKRayne on October 28, 2009, 03:41:34 AM
Quote from: Lysergic on October 28, 2009, 03:25:26 AM
Ok, this thing seriously got to me.

Having a friend who suffers from Heroin Addiction, I know exactly what you mean.

It's fucked up how they treat people that should be considered patients, people who need help, not to be brushed under the rug with the hope that people won't notice.

And yes, while some drug addicts are fucked up and steal shit... some people will never compromise their morals no matter how addicted they are, and they get treated as badly as those that will and do.

Thank you. You got the point of the rant completely. I wish the best for your friend by the way. Its difficult battling something so highly addictive and keeping people around you that will actually support through the ordeal. Most people view it as weakness and as a loss and they write them off completely.

I was married to a heroin addict. Sometime "writing people off" is simply pure self-preservation. I still pity him, but I want nothing to do with him because he was a bad person for me to be around, and he consistently made bad choices that made his life worse. Perhaps he didn't know how to do any different, but that doesn't make me respect him.

I don't hate drug addicts any more than I hate fat people, but outside of my romantic life I have a pretty good spidey-sense for when people are going to be bad for me, and I disentangle.

I'm not anti-drugs, either, by any means, but I have repeatedly seen people make bad choices that led them down a road to destructive addiction, and I don't want people who make those kinds of bad decisions in my life because it WILL effect my quality of life, my stress level, and my ability to provide a healthy environment for my kids. Self-preservation.

I do have to say that when my friend had a bad reaction to Amanita Muscaria, the hospital staff were very nice to us. If she did it a second time, I wouldn't expect them to be quite so nice.

Thats understandable. And your kids always come first before yourself. I agree that the majority are pieces of dogshit, but as far as it goes there are so many more that are clumped in that don't deserve to be. I agree with you wholeheartedly on this though. You have to think about the way they will affect you and your children before making a big choice whether or not to get involved with them. Its a high stress situation dealing with them through thick and thin. But i think alot of them need that kick in the ass of losing friends and loved ones before they can fix themselves. They need to learn self control, addictive personality is only a part of it.

Lies

Just on a side note NiveKRayne, if you haven't heard of it, you should look up ibogaine.
And if you can ever find it, get yourself some.
- So the New World Order does not actually exist?
- Oh it exists, and how!
Ask the slaves whose labour built the White House;
Ask the slaves of today tied down to sweatshops and brothels to escape hunger;
Ask most women, second class citizens, in a pervasive rape culture;
Ask the non-human creatures who inhabit the planet:
whales, bears, frogs, tuna, bees, slaughtered farm animals;
Ask the natives of the Americas and Australia on whose land
you live today, on whose graves your factories, farms and neighbourhoods stand;
ask any of them this, ask them if the New World Order is true;
they'll tell you plainly: the New World Order... is you!

A few things:
I'm not trying to glorify drug use...as a matter of fact, I have dealt with enough people like that to know its a harmful lifestyle and that they had been stupid.
I realize I was stupid at the time, I was going through a rough time and had been dealing with some rather bizarre problems with a relationship, etc.
Plus, the point for it was that they do not treat people the same... as Roger had put it.
The point was that doctors go into this profession to help people, treat them etc. They can't pick and choose who they are going to help, they understand that they can save the world but they can TRY to help the people that come to them. The overdose was more of a cry for help than an actual attempt...(After taking all that realizing that it wasn't the best of solutions.)

The only reason I have brought this to light is that I have been through the system when it comes to Behavioral Health and that the doctors don't really want to help you all they want to do is replace your vices with another LEGAL form of drug and send you on your merry way. I get tired of people writing everyone off that has ever tried drugs, screwed up, and gotten into any type of trouble for it.

The point wasn't advocation of drug use, it was the doctors' attitude towards it.

Quote from: Nigel on October 28, 2009, 09:21:43 PM
And, actually, I'm a little unclear on that... I've never heard of an ER making someone go to drug treatment. Referring, yes.

Nivek, were your parents involved in that decision?

Parents didn't have any knowledge of it.

Nigel:
Tucson has this health care called ACCCHS, which they give to people with low income, no income etc. And it is state law to send someone to a behavioral health facility for a suicide attempt. I don't understand where they get the funding from and it was against my wishes to be sent. I managed to get out after two days of it for reasons of telling them that it was making me worse being around people of the same caliber. They eventually sent me to another mental health outpatient program called SAMHC where they eventually diagnosed me with bipolar disorder and prescribed me some bizarre drugs for it. Then later on they sent me to one more outpatient facilities called La Frontera where they did much the same.

SAMHC is a temporary relief crisis center where they place you into one of the long term centers. I'm not exactly sure how the system works for this health care or how they pay for it. But, at this point they are receiving less funding for it and cut much of the help they offer.

i know this doesn't explain it all but this is the best i can do for the moment.

Quote from: Lysergic on October 29, 2009, 04:51:44 AM
Just on a side note NiveKRayne, if you haven't heard of it, you should look up ibogaine.

Actually, as of now I haven't had much of a problem with addiction (except nicotine. replacing one addiction for another, i suppose.) But, they do have me on an anti-psychotic for my said "disorder". Thank you for the suggestion, though.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: NiveKRayne on October 29, 2009, 07:32:08 AM

Actually, as of now I haven't had much of a problem with addiction (except nicotine. replacing one addiction for another, i suppose.) But, they do have me on an anti-psychotic for my said "disorder". Thank you for the suggestion, though.

Nivek:  Do not take drug advice from Lysergic.  Particularly Ibogaine.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Florida Mental Health Acts.....

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=Ch0394/titl0394.htm&StatuteYear=2008&Title=%2D%3E2008%2D%3EChapter%20394

Quote1)  ADMINISTRATION.--The Department of Children and Family Services is designated the "Mental Health Authority" of Florida. The department and the Agency for Health Care Administration shall exercise executive and administrative supervision over all mental health facilities, programs, and services.

Well now doesn't that raise some interesting questions..... 

It is almost impossible to find a complete definition of the Baker Act.  That is why if you do sue, the results are almost always in your favor.  It is used over and over in FL to force people into 3 days of evaluation.  It then goes on to fuck up the rest of your life.  DCF keeps a record FOREVER.  You have no chance against them if you've been Baker Acted unless you have sued and had the decision overturned and the records everywhere expunged.  The problem is, few people can afford to do that or know they need to.

The funds to cover the stay on the psych ward are not state or federally funded.  They charge your fucking insurance if you have it and if you don't they bill you for the rest of your life.  So, you go in for help, they decide you're a bit unstable, they get you Baker Acted against your will AND........

YOU GET TO PAY FOR IT!!!!!

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 29, 2009, 01:57:18 PM

i read up on all drugs before i take them. I am fairly knowledgeable about which ones not to be doing at this point. Ibogaine had some pretty horrendous looking side effects and looked rather dangerous in the first place. Nasty little hallucinogenic compound. Its quite regulated in the US as of now as well. It seemed more harm than good anyhow.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: NiveKRayne on October 29, 2009, 02:22:11 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 29, 2009, 01:57:18 PM

i read up on all drugs before i take them. I am fairly knowledgeable about which ones not to be doing at this point. Ibogaine had some pretty horrendous looking side effects and looked rather dangerous in the first place. Nasty little hallucinogenic compound. Its quite regulated in the US as of now as well. It seemed more harm than good anyhow.

Again, do not take pharmaceutical advice from anyone who has chosen "Lysergic" as a moniker.

:lulz:

Cramulus

lysergic doesn't need drugs, he just prints out his posts, rolls 'em up, and smokes 'em.   :p

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cramulus on October 29, 2009, 02:30:19 PM
lysergic doesn't need drugs, he just prints out his posts, rolls 'em up, and smokes 'em.   :p

That's SUCH a waste of a fine young hottie he's banging.  Who is wearing his jacket.  Or words to that effect.