News:

Testimonial: "None of you seem aware of quite how bad you are. I mean I'm pretty outspoken on how bad the internet has gotten, but this is up there with the worst."

Main Menu

ATTN: Roger, what the hell goes through these people's heads?

Started by ., October 27, 2009, 09:37:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Nigel on October 29, 2009, 03:14:05 PM
Quote from: NiveKRayne on October 29, 2009, 07:28:37 AM
Nigel:
Tucson has this health care called ACCCHS, which they give to people with low income, no income etc. And it is state law to send someone to a behavioral health facility for a suicide attempt. I don't understand where they get the funding from and it was against my wishes to be sent. I managed to get out after two days of it for reasons of telling them that it was making me worse being around people of the same caliber. They eventually sent me to another mental health outpatient program called SAMHC where they eventually diagnosed me with bipolar disorder and prescribed me some bizarre drugs for it. Then later on they sent me to one more outpatient facilities called La Frontera where they did much the same.

SAMHC is a temporary relief crisis center where they place you into one of the long term centers. I'm not exactly sure how the system works for this health care or how they pay for it. But, at this point they are receiving less funding for it and cut much of the help they offer.

i know this doesn't explain it all but this is the best i can do for the moment.

OK.

Approaching it as a suicide attempt rather than accidental overdose, that makes perfect sense. However, it rather directly contradicts some of the implications of your original post, which were that you received poor (even punishing) treatment because they treated you as if you were a druggie. Now you're saying they treated you as a suicide attempt.

Pick one.

It was mainly for both topics. I went in as a suicide was treated as a druggie. That's what I was getting at. I realize its unclear.

Quote from: Jenne on October 29, 2009, 04:00:23 PM
I liked the OP, but in regards to the attitude of docs and nurses and various other "health professionals" (it's rare you enter a medical building and get an actual nurse or doctor anymore, it's usually an MA, RN or other incarnation of nurse)...I hear from the guy I've been married to for 14.5 years and seen through medical school and residency in pediatrics that the jaded attitude towards drugged-out teenagers is a danger when considering bedside manner.  It's true that when you sign on to a job, you sign on for the whole enchilada, especially if you are caring for human beings, and the decisions you make on their behalf will affect them for the rest of their lives.

But consider someone who's worked a 12-hour shift, been on their feet all day, and they see nothing but people who are wastoids, or who have been victimized by said waistoids.  How happy, cheery and patient do you think this person can be?  Their personal judgment aside, it's just so defeating to see young kid after young kid throwing themselves down through the garbage hole.

I'm not excusing unprofessionalism--I think that's the biggest weakness of most doctors and nurses.  A lot of them might have started out with great attitudes and the ability to cope with the amount of sheer humanity they'd have to see.  Especially ER docs and nurses.  But you get jaded and cynical easily when the bombardment of flesh that comes through your door manifests itself into a pile of people who give less of a shit about themselves than you do.  And it wears you right the fuck down.

And they are not people without their own problems, addictions and troubles as well.

Again, I'm not saying this is great reasoning for pushing the sick and weak around.  I'm saying there are few who can resist going down that path.  It takes a very specific and gifted person to be able to see that, day after day, and deal with it to the utmost of their abilities, and NOT fuck it up, in some way, NOT hurt themselves or someone else, in some way, because of what they have seen and whom they have seen before then.  And will see again.

Laws and hospital protocols aside, there is a certain amount of reinstitutionalization that happens when you work in an ER, county hospital or clinic.

Thats understandable, even considering it was the night shift dealing with me. So it makes more sense as to why they would act that way. Regardless, that has crossed my mind on that subject but for the most part i defend my end of it without having to go into detail at this point. I like where this post has gone honestly.

Jenne

Quote from: NiveKRayne on October 29, 2009, 05:02:52 PM
I liked the OP, but in regards to the attitude of docs and nurses and various other "health professionals" (it's rare you enter a medical building and get an actual nurse or doctor anymore, it's usually an MA, RN or other incarnation of nurse)...I hear from the guy I've been married to for 14.5 years and seen through medical school and residency in pediatrics that the jaded attitude towards drugged-out teenagers is a danger when considering bedside manner.  It's true that when you sign on to a job, you sign on for the whole enchilada, especially if you are caring for human beings, and the decisions you make on their behalf will affect them for the rest of their lives.

But consider someone who's worked a 12-hour shift, been on their feet all day, and they see nothing but people who are wastoids, or who have been victimized by said waistoids.  How happy, cheery and patient do you think this person can be?  Their personal judgment aside, it's just so defeating to see young kid after young kid throwing themselves down through the garbage hole.

I'm not excusing unprofessionalism--I think that's the biggest weakness of most doctors and nurses.  A lot of them might have started out with great attitudes and the ability to cope with the amount of sheer humanity they'd have to see.  Especially ER docs and nurses.  But you get jaded and cynical easily when the bombardment of flesh that comes through your door manifests itself into a pile of people who give less of a shit about themselves than you do.  And it wears you right the fuck down.

And they are not people without their own problems, addictions and troubles as well.

Again, I'm not saying this is great reasoning for pushing the sick and weak around.  I'm saying there are few who can resist going down that path.  It takes a very specific and gifted person to be able to see that, day after day, and deal with it to the utmost of their abilities, and NOT fuck it up, in some way, NOT hurt themselves or someone else, in some way, because of what they have seen and whom they have seen before then.  And will see again.

Laws and hospital protocols aside, there is a certain amount of reinstitutionalization that happens when you work in an ER, county hospital or clinic.

Thats understandable, even considering it was the night shift dealing with me. So it makes more sense as to why they would act that way. Regardless, that has crossed my mind on that subject but for the most part i defend my end of it without having to go into detail at this point. I like where this post has gone honestly.

Thanks, NiveK.  And the night shift is the WORST.  THE WORST.  Hands down.  No one likes working it, and the bitches running it are Nazi assholes and usually much less friendly in general.  My own experiences with them have led me to believe that only sado-massochists work that shift with any regularity.  When my husband was in the oncology unit 2 years ago puking up blood from the morphine they gave him, I ran to the night nurse on duty and told her what was going on.  She looked straight at me and asked, "What do you want ME to do about it?"  HOW ABOUT YOUR FUCKING JOB, BITCH?  That was one of the worst days of my life, really.

You have all my sympathies for what you went through--everyone does when they've had negative experiences with doctors, nurses and health techs.  But I do know that they're sometimes just fuckups, like the rest of us, and they contribute to ruination because they, too, are ruined.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Jenne on October 29, 2009, 04:16:45 PM
I was just presenting a little-backed-up side.  The health care provider's.  They come from a position of power, so few think to present their side of the matter.  But yeah, being married to it, I know there's a bit of give and take they are presented in the middle of (think of the amount of people's SHIT (and sometimes LITERALLY SHIT) you have to shovel in that job! more than most of us would ever be able to handle and not have to be committed ourselves).

But I'll bow out if it's inappropriate or whatever.

I do think this is relevant to the OP, which is what I am trying to discuss/dissect.

I think she could have a good rant there, but it needs to be completely rewritten.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Khara on October 29, 2009, 03:34:48 PM
And what I was talking about happened in FL not AZ... 

I'm done, I hate being irrelevant!

Khara, it is not that  YOU are irrelevant, it's that I am trying to talk about the OP, and I thought you were answering my questions about what happened in Arizona with information about Florida.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Quote from: Jenne on October 29, 2009, 05:07:46 PM
Quote from: NiveKRayne on October 29, 2009, 05:02:52 PM
I liked the OP, but in regards to the attitude of docs and nurses and various other "health professionals" (it's rare you enter a medical building and get an actual nurse or doctor anymore, it's usually an MA, RN or other incarnation of nurse)...I hear from the guy I've been married to for 14.5 years and seen through medical school and residency in pediatrics that the jaded attitude towards drugged-out teenagers is a danger when considering bedside manner.  It's true that when you sign on to a job, you sign on for the whole enchilada, especially if you are caring for human beings, and the decisions you make on their behalf will affect them for the rest of their lives.

But consider someone who's worked a 12-hour shift, been on their feet all day, and they see nothing but people who are wastoids, or who have been victimized by said waistoids.  How happy, cheery and patient do you think this person can be?  Their personal judgment aside, it's just so defeating to see young kid after young kid throwing themselves down through the garbage hole.

I'm not excusing unprofessionalism--I think that's the biggest weakness of most doctors and nurses.  A lot of them might have started out with great attitudes and the ability to cope with the amount of sheer humanity they'd have to see.  Especially ER docs and nurses.  But you get jaded and cynical easily when the bombardment of flesh that comes through your door manifests itself into a pile of people who give less of a shit about themselves than you do.  And it wears you right the fuck down.

Again, I'm not saying this is great reasoning for pushing the sick and weak around.  I'm saying there are few who can resist going down that path.  It takes a very specific and gifted person to be able to see that, day after day, and deal with it to the utmost of their abilities, and NOT fuck it up, in some way, NOT hurt themselves or someone else, in some way, because of what they have seen and whom they have seen before then.  And will see again.

Thanks, NiveK.  And the night shift is the WORST.  THE WORST.  Hands down.  No one likes working it, and the bitches running it are Nazi assholes and usually much less friendly in general.  My own experiences with them have led me to believe that only sado-massochists work that shift with any regularity.  When my husband was in the oncology unit 2 years ago puking up blood from the morphine they gave him, I ran to the night nurse on duty and told her what was going on.  She looked straight at me and asked, "What do you want ME to do about it?"  HOW ABOUT YOUR FUCKING JOB, BITCH?  That was one of the worst days of my life, really.

You have all my sympathies for what you went through--everyone does when they've had negative experiences with doctors, nurses and health techs.  But I do know that they're sometimes just fuckups, like the rest of us, and they contribute to ruination because they, too, are ruined.

I really didn't need sympathy, I was the retard that did it to myself. I just mainly wanted EQUAL treatment from them. As you said though I understand why they treat patients the way they do.

Quote from: Nigel on October 29, 2009, 05:13:25 PM
Quote from: Jenne on October 29, 2009, 04:16:45 PM
I was just presenting a little-backed-up side.  The health care provider's.  They come from a position of power, so few think to present their side of the matter.  But yeah, being married to it, I know there's a bit of give and take they are presented in the middle of (think of the amount of people's SHIT (and sometimes LITERALLY SHIT) you have to shovel in that job! more than most of us would ever be able to handle and not have to be committed ourselves).

But I'll bow out if it's inappropriate or whatever.

I do think this is relevant to the OP, which is what I am trying to discuss/dissect.

I think she could have a good rant there, but it needs to be completely rewritten.

I admit its a very raw rant. It needs to be rewritten. I think I'm going to leave it at that though. Its really not worth my time to rewrite with all the other pending rants that are needing artwork and my attention that others are writing MUCH much better than I could ever write.

Lies

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 29, 2009, 01:57:18 PM
Quote from: NiveKRayne on October 29, 2009, 07:32:08 AM
Quote from: Lysergic on October 29, 2009, 04:51:44 AM
Just on a side note NiveKRayne, if you haven't heard of it, you should look up ibogaine.
And if you can ever find it, get yourself some.

Actually, as of now I haven't had much of a problem with addiction (except nicotine. replacing one addiction for another, i suppose.) But, they do have me on an anti-psychotic for my said "disorder". Thank you for the suggestion, though.

Nivek:  Do not take drug advice from Lysergic.  Particularly Ibogaine.
Advice?
What Advice? I said, "Look up Ibogaine" and I said "Get some".
Did I ever say you *should* ingest it?.

In any case, it sounds like Nivek has things under control now. Ibogaine isn't a fucking recreational or "fun" drug, but it has been proven to be effective in helping people with the withdrawal symptoms of hard drugs like heroin and barbiturates.
Yes, it can make you puke, it'll make you feel pretty terrible for a few hours, but its better then the shit one goes through when waiting 2 weeks for heroin to wear off.

Quote from:  WikipediaIbogaine is a naturally occurring psychoactive compound found in a number of plants, principally in a member of the dogbane family known as iboga (Tabernanthe iboga). Ibogaine-containing preparations are used in medicinal and ritual purposes within African spiritual traditions of the Bwiti, who claim to have learned it from the Pygmy. In recent times, it has been identified as having anti-addictive properties. Ibogaine is an indole alkaloid that is obtained either by extraction from the iboga plant or by semi-synthesis from the precursor compound voacangine, another plant alkaloid. A full organic synthesis of ibogaine has been achieved but is too expensive and challenging to produce any commercially significant yield.

In the early 1960s, anecdotal reports appeared concerning ibogaine's effects.[1] Since that time, it has been the subject of investigation into its abilities to interrupt addictions to heroin, alcohol, and cocaine. It is thought that ibogaine may have potential to drive introspection, helping to elucidate the psychological issues and behavior patterns that drive addictions or other problems. However, ibogaine therapy for drug addiction is the subject of some controversy. Due to its hallucinogenic properties and safety concerns, it has been placed in the strictest drug prohibition schedules in the United States and a handful of other countries. Canada and Mexico both allow ibogaine treatment clinics to operate and openly contribute to further understanding of the addictive process.

While ibogaine's prohibition has slowed scientific research into its anti-addictive properties, the use of ibogaine for drug treatment has grown in the form of a large worldwide medical subculture.[2] Ibogaine is now used by treatment clinics in 12 countries on six continents to treat addictions to heroin, alcohol, powder cocaine, crack cocaine, and methamphetamine, as well as to facilitate psychological introspection and spiritual exploration.
- So the New World Order does not actually exist?
- Oh it exists, and how!
Ask the slaves whose labour built the White House;
Ask the slaves of today tied down to sweatshops and brothels to escape hunger;
Ask most women, second class citizens, in a pervasive rape culture;
Ask the non-human creatures who inhabit the planet:
whales, bears, frogs, tuna, bees, slaughtered farm animals;
Ask the natives of the Americas and Australia on whose land
you live today, on whose graves your factories, farms and neighbourhoods stand;
ask any of them this, ask them if the New World Order is true;
they'll tell you plainly: the New World Order... is you!

Lies

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 29, 2009, 02:31:37 PM
Quote from: Cramulus on October 29, 2009, 02:30:19 PM
lysergic doesn't need drugs, he just prints out his posts, rolls 'em up, and smokes 'em.   :p

That's SUCH a waste of a fine young hottie he's banging.  Who is wearing his jacket.  Or words to that effect.
Gee, thanks for noticing Rog  :roll:
- So the New World Order does not actually exist?
- Oh it exists, and how!
Ask the slaves whose labour built the White House;
Ask the slaves of today tied down to sweatshops and brothels to escape hunger;
Ask most women, second class citizens, in a pervasive rape culture;
Ask the non-human creatures who inhabit the planet:
whales, bears, frogs, tuna, bees, slaughtered farm animals;
Ask the natives of the Americas and Australia on whose land
you live today, on whose graves your factories, farms and neighbourhoods stand;
ask any of them this, ask them if the New World Order is true;
they'll tell you plainly: the New World Order... is you!