News:

PD.COM:  Mindlessly hitting the refresh button for weeks on end.

Main Menu

Hey...Fictionpus....

Started by Richter, October 28, 2009, 01:18:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: fictionpuss on October 28, 2009, 04:27:21 PM

Of course, isn't that the point of the "Hey XXX" letters where you exagerrate some element of reality into fiction,

I wasn't.

Is that bad?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Captain Utopia

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 28, 2009, 04:28:09 PM

Of course, isn't that the point of the "Hey XXX" letters where you exagerrate some element of reality into fiction,

I wasn't.

Is that bad?
:x

Richter

Quote from: fictionpuss on October 28, 2009, 04:29:34 PM

I wasn't.

Is that bad?

Look back on what you wrote.  You made fiction, but it's the same sentiment. 
Isn't it all too plausible?

You grabbed them meme underlying them, but can you smell the filth behind it yet?
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

This is good shit. GOOD.

We are living in the Strange Times.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

A question; has anyone done a crazy-ass biblical-style interpretation of the PD to figure out exactly when Bureaucracy ends and Aftermath begins, and would the Strange Times be an indication of the end of Bureaucracy? Because if they haven't, I'm saying we need to Lo5 it to match up with December 23, 2012.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

I wasn't.

Is that bad?

Being aware of your surroundings can be hazardous if you live in a sick society.  Being UNAWARE can be WORSE, because our culture will still drive you mad, but you won't see it happening until it's too late.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Captain Utopia

Quote from: Richter on October 28, 2009, 04:34:13 PM

I wasn't.

Is that bad?

Look back on what you wrote.  You made fiction, but it's the same sentiment. 
Isn't it all too plausible?

You grabbed them meme underlying them, but can you smell the filth behind it yet?
Well as I said earlier in the thread, I don't think the "filth" is anything new.

People used to pray, and now we blog. Church groups and coffee mornings used to be a primary form of information exchange, now we post funny pictures on forums.

What is new is that we have a chance of combining and amplifying these otherwise lost wishes and desires and thoughts into something concrete. The question I have is will this be better than what came before it? Because it's coming soon - gosh darn, there's plenty of money to be made in doing so.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: fictionpuss on October 28, 2009, 04:55:08 PM
Well as I said earlier in the thread, I don't think the "filth" is anything new.

I think you're mistaken, FP.  I'm old enough to remember a time when things were different.  Still crazy, but not AS crazy.

Captain Utopia

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 28, 2009, 04:57:33 PM

I think you're mistaken, FP.  I'm old enough to remember a time when things were different.  Still crazy, but not AS crazy.
Pack up your troubles in your old kit bag... I see people expressing commonality of values in different ways, with little more effort than dictated by community minimum. Why go to Church when you can buy a prius, if it's more effective at informing your neighbours as to your beliefs?

Unless you are referring to a filth that I am too deeply mired in to see.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: fictionpuss on October 28, 2009, 05:14:55 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 28, 2009, 04:57:33 PM

Pack up your troubles in your old kit bag... I see people expressing commonality of values in different ways, with little more effort than dictated by community minimum. Why go to Church when you can buy a prius, if it's more effective at informing your neighbours as to your beliefs?

Unless you are referring to a filth that I am too deeply mired in to see.

Just wait, FP...you're fairly new to this, at least by some standards.  The longer you look, the more you'll see, and you can't ever, ever UN-SEE it.  The rabbit hole is deep, and the characters aren't as benign as Lewis Carrol portrayed them.  There's some really awful shit down there, FP - there's some laughs, too, don't ever forget that - and you have to decide whether or not you really want to look. 

But you already made that decision.  You can't un-decide it.  Buckle up.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

The craziness has, indeed, ramped up at an astonishing and kind of entertaining rate, and it's continuing to do so.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on October 28, 2009, 05:23:49 PM
The craziness has, indeed, ramped up at an astonishing and kind of entertaining rate, and it's continuing to do so.

Someone tell Warren Ellis to get out of the director's studio, please.

Richter

Good luck.  Alan Moore stole the doorknob.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Richter on October 28, 2009, 05:31:57 PM
Good luck.  Alan Moore stole the doorknob.

Somehow, the horrormirth pic no longer carries enough weight for my response.

Precious Moments Zalgo

Don't forget the Facebook Causes application, where you can let your friends know that you are doing SOMETHING about IMPORTANT STUFF.  Do you want to help cure breast cancer, stop animal abuse, stop global warming, or keep CHRIST in Christmas?  There's an app for that.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 28, 2009, 05:33:23 PM
Somehow, the horrormirth pic no longer carries enough weight for my response.
Here's one I made, but I'm not sure if it will help.
I will answer ANY prayer for $39.95.*

*Unfortunately, I cannot give refunds in the event that the answer is no.