News:

Don't get me wrong, I greatly appreciate the fact that you're at least putting effort into sincerely arguing your points. It's an argument I've enjoyed having. It's just that your points are wrong and your reasons for thinking they're right are stupid.

Main Menu

GOING TO VT TWEET ME BACK

Started by Suu, October 29, 2009, 11:20:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cainad on November 02, 2009, 06:46:20 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 02, 2009, 06:39:33 PM
Quote from: Cramulus on November 02, 2009, 06:38:25 PM
so.... twitter is like livejournal except that there are more posts and less content?

this meme sucks

I can't decide if it pisses me off or brings me down.

It's like slogging through a swamp. The mud keeps sucking at your boots and making you madder and madder, but the muck is indefatigable and cheerfully wears you down until all that's left to do is stand there and hope it's not too deep.

Lesson:  Don't go in the swamp.  There's nothing in there for you.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 02, 2009, 06:47:17 PM
Quote from: Cainad on November 02, 2009, 06:46:20 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 02, 2009, 06:39:33 PM
Quote from: Cramulus on November 02, 2009, 06:38:25 PM
so.... twitter is like livejournal except that there are more posts and less content?

this meme sucks

I can't decide if it pisses me off or brings me down.

It's like slogging through a swamp. The mud keeps sucking at your boots and making you madder and madder, but the muck is indefatigable and cheerfully wears you down until all that's left to do is stand there and hope it's not too deep.

Lesson:  Don't go in the swamp.  There's nothing in there for you.

THIS x one thousand

I probably should have added, "until all that's left to do is stand there, hope it's not too deep, and wonder why the fuck you wandered into the swamp in the first place."

The Good Reverend Roger

Too late now.  You followed the drifting shiny lights into the swamp, and you'll never be heard from again. 

Centuries from now, you and Payne will be dug up by peat-gatherers.  You'll still be holding your cell phone, and scientists will give it a religious significance that is all too horribly accurate.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Suu

You'll be like the Bocksten Bog Man, only instead of analyzing your clothing and the shard of wood sticking out of your back, they'll be pulling what little data remained on your SIM card and phone memory.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Suu on November 02, 2009, 06:57:03 PM
You'll be like the Bocksten Bog Man, only instead of analyzing your clothing and the shard of wood sticking out of your back, they'll be pulling what little data remained on your SIM card and phone memory.

And they'll say to each other:  2 mny chrctrs.

Suu

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 02, 2009, 06:58:31 PM
Quote from: Suu on November 02, 2009, 06:57:03 PM

And they'll say to each other:  2 mny chrctrs.

:mittens:
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cain

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 02, 2009, 06:44:50 PM
Quote from: Cain on November 02, 2009, 06:43:29 PM
I'm going to start a macro-blogging site, with a 5000 word minimum.  It shall be known as Twatter, and it will fail miserably.

:lol:

Nobody understands total and complete failure like a Brit.

ETA:  That's why the national sport is "getting killed in weird ways".

"Just another few yards!"
- Sir Edmund Hillary

I bet ya if I devoted a single day to it, I could get someone to threaten to kill me via Twitter.

Cramulus

we should compete to see who can get death threats the fastest