News:

I hate both of you because your conversation is both navel-gazing and puerile

Main Menu

Do You Know Where Your Tools Are?

Started by Pope Pixie Pickle, November 02, 2009, 12:20:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pope Pixie Pickle

What's the difference between surviving life's crap or getting sucked into its quicksand? Traumatic things occur to us all at some stage and at varying degrees, some people seem to keep trying to overcome, to dig themselves out.  Others just seem unable, or even unwilling at times to take the hard slog out of the mud, suffocating themselves and others around them.

I reckon the diggers started out as lost and floundering as the ones who are stuck. Somewhere along the line, they found the tools to survive the tough stuff.  Sometimes, the hole gets a little deeper before you manage to crawl out, it gets darker and scarier. Just the digger looked up, changed tack, whilst the stuck panicked and threw the tools out of the hole, or downed them in confusion.

What are the tools to dig out and up to the sunlight?

Communication is one of the tools. if you dont let whats eating you up out, it'll just get more cancerous.  in other words, "shit your hate or die!"

The Ability to Adapt. Takes a few skinned knees to get this one right. Things dont always go the way you fantasise or dream about in life, reality is that usually that it's far from the target you were aiming for. If you keep telling yourself "This [Insert incident here]  should never have happened." you're never going to face up to the fact that IT DID.

Knowing Your Limits. knowing when to say "I fold!" or "Nah, just finish this one [insert intoxicant here]
and head home" or just plain "back the fuck up, NO"

Obtaining your toolbelt is hard work, its a little like self-conditioning. yes, you have to climb almost to the top a few times, lose your grip and fall flat on your arse.  Hit your head a few times. However, with practice and some self awareness you'll know where your footing is.

So, do you want to sink to the bottom? Or rise out of the hole?

Always know where your tools are. Your tools may be different to mine, just keep hold of them.

Or Kill Me

(im feeling a little sketchy today, i'm not sure as to the clarity or quality of above rant.)

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Pope Pixie Pickle