News:

Where Everybody Knows You're Lame. 

Main Menu

Change

Started by Cosmic Joker, November 01, 2009, 08:09:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cosmic Joker

It's just going to be the same fucking story all over again, nothing changes.

And the people will send in their petitions like it makes a difference and they'll feel good that they did something, and the government will delete it and move on because that's what petitions are for, to soothe our consciences that we care and that we did something, whilst really nothing happens, and babies starve and children are shot and we sit here, doing fuck all about it, like the good little human beings we are.

And we say "Ahh yes but one day I'll do something". And you say that everyday, and a week passes then months then years and nothing changes, ever. People aren't evil they don't have the intelligence for it, they're just weak and corrupt and pathetic. Evil would be easier to deal with, you can respect that, but this apathy that lets us sit and do nothing while the world burns is the worst thing of all. Yet sometimes we can do good, sometimes we rise above it and do make a difference and that's a great thing and its a miracle, but it's not often and its only a few and most of us are content to do nothing whatsoever. We won't even spare a few pence for a homeless guy on the street because we are greedy and selfish. And sooner or later something is going to have to give, something will snap; maybe we'll flood ourselves through global warming, or turn the rainforests into deserts so we can have a few more McDonald's.

And the people will eat each other in the streets.

And the world will burn.

And maybe then only then, something will change and we will change. Only when a catastrophe gives us the option of change of die, then we'll think about it.

the other anonymous

Don't bother reading; it's just going to be the same fucking whining all over again, nothing changes.

-toa,
quitting all my addictions

President Television

I just listened to Backwater by the Meat Puppets and it is essentially this speech in a nutshell, only less depressing and with mellow grunge music.
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

The Johnny

IF YOU DONT LIKE REALITY, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT, OR KILL YOURSELF
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Triple Zero

IF YOU LIKE REALITY SO MUCH WHY DONT YOU GO LIVE THERE
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.