News:

It is our goal to harrass and harangue you ever further toward our own incoherent brand of horse-laugh radicalism.

Main Menu

The Future™ is here.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, November 02, 2009, 07:41:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Bürger on November 03, 2009, 09:06:06 AM
You don't ask people that kind of questions on the internet. They will lie.

I don't know you either but i know quite exactly how you look like.

In return i will say my real name. Just to be fair. I'm Silch.

I'm not a double account.

Okay, I have no reason to doubt that, I suppose.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Bürger on November 03, 2009, 09:06:06 AMbut i know quite exactly how you look like.

he's a native German speaker.

(no idea why they always mess that up, but just as the French pluralize "information" as "informations", these are tell-tale signs)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Triple Zero on November 03, 2009, 01:56:38 PM
Quote from: Bürger on November 03, 2009, 09:06:06 AMbut i know quite exactly how you look like.

he's a native German speaker.

(no idea why they always mess that up, but just as the French pluralize "information" as "informations", these are tell-tale signs)

He's Swiss, so that makes sense.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Triple Zero

Ooh, that means he could mispluralize "informations" as well! :D
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Iason Ouabache

You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Rumckle

Of course we're still needed Roger, well at least for the moment. Without people around who is going to buy the latest gadgets, or watch the latest summer blockbuster. Computers are way too smart to do that.

My friend asked me the other day, if there was any technology that really changed our lives. And I told him, of course there is. Cell phones mean we now don't have to think ahead of time, we just change our plans whenever the fuck we want and tell the relevant people about them. Cells also allow us to interrupt whoever we want, to tell them some inane detail that probably could have waited.

The internet has changed our lives too, I can now find information on any topic, no matter how unimportant it is. I can also find people as fucked up as I am and talk to them all over the world. Plus, how else would I be able to find out what a fourteen year old kid thinks about copyright laws?

But really, has technology really changed us that much. Sure we have become more like jerks, and technology has made it easier to be a jerk. But maybe we were already happening that way. We invented the internet so it would be easier to piss other people off and fill our depraved fantasies. We invented cell phones so we had more ways of interrupting people, and ignoring people face to face.

Sure technology has some amazing applications and potential, but people are idiots.
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Rumckle on November 03, 2009, 06:46:08 PM
Of course we're still needed Roger, well at least for the moment. Without people around who is going to buy the latest gadgets, or watch the latest summer blockbuster. Computers are way too smart to do that.

Ah, that's what I was missing.  Oh, well, the Free Market™ will provide the solution.

The Good Reverend Roger

Anna Mae Bollocks

I had an old man tell me once what was involved in making a buggy whip, it took days the way he did it.
I guess it's like art: unnecessary, and if you want to be compensated for the time you put into it, you'd better have a Pretty Big Name.
Why bother, people will find crappy prints to hang over the couch at WalMart and cheap S&M stuff online.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

LMNO

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 03, 2009, 06:47:01 PM
Quote from: Rumckle on November 03, 2009, 06:46:08 PM

Ah, that's what I was missing.  Oh, well, the Free Market™ will provide the solution.

They are? Tell that to my automatic Software Updates and incessant Adobe Upgrades.

GIGO, my friend. GIGO.