News:

Testamonial:  And i have actually gone to a bar and had a bouncer try to start a fight with me on the way in. I broke his teeth out of his fucking mouth and put his face through a passenger side window of a car.

Guess thats what the Internet was build for, pussy motherfuckers taking shit in safety...

Main Menu

Hey Suu, while you were away...

Started by Suu, November 02, 2009, 07:58:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Squid Diddimus

Quote from: Suu on November 02, 2009, 09:22:06 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 02, 2009, 08:58:19 PM
Quote from: Suu on November 02, 2009, 08:42:02 PM
I wish RI was a right-to-work state, because I'd have them by the balls right now for this.

:lol:

You are, of course, making a joke, right?

Why? In Florida they can't sack you without reason and they can't close your place of employment without giving the employees at least 2 weeks notice. In Rhode Island since it's forced unionization, if you don't work in a union, they don't give a fuck and there's not much you can do but gripe.

hate to tell ya but "right to work" just means they don't have mandatory union dues. you can get canned here for no reason and show up to an empty office any day of the week without so much as a phone call.
ask me all about it  :argh!:

just recently a bunch of people at a giant car dealer called the local news because when they showed up for work one day they were handed severance and sent home.

some call centers closed their doors and they weren't given jack cause they were part time.

i've seen a lot of people let go because their company got bought (ask me in 2011 how happy i'll be about that) or because they weren't liked or because they were coming up on being there for 6 months and if they get rid of em quick they don't have to contribute to paying their unemployment.

i hate this place. i hate the employment here so very very much.

Sir Squid Diddimus

And I have to add that it's shitty what they did to you.
It's not like people aren't already struggling.
:argh!:

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Squid on November 03, 2009, 06:37:32 AM
hate to tell ya but "right to work" just means they don't have mandatory union dues. you can get canned here for no reason and show up to an empty office any day of the week without so much as a phone call.
ask me all about it  :argh!:

just recently a bunch of people at a giant car dealer called the local news because when they showed up for work one day they were handed severance and sent home.

some call centers closed their doors and they weren't given jack cause they were part time.

i've seen a lot of people let go because their company got bought (ask me in 2011 how happy i'll be about that) or because they weren't liked or because they were coming up on being there for 6 months and if they get rid of em quick they don't have to contribute to paying their unemployment.

i hate this place. i hate the employment here so very very much.

Yeah, Missour is is the same way.  Only chance you have is if you can prove they let you go.cut your hours whatever because of your race, religion or disability.....  It fucking sucks ass.

Dysnomia

Those bastards!   :argh!:  Here's hoping you are able to find another/second jorb soon Suu. 
It's all fun and games, till someone gets herpes.

http://cdn.smosh.com/smosh-pit/122010/mow-the-lawn.gif

Suu

Well right now, Rhode Island ran out of money to pay unemployment, so until they get more money from the feds to do so, only current cases are getting paid. I know someone now who's been out of work for 6 weeks and he hasn't seen a dime.

The only way you can get something done around here is put money into someone's pocket. And without a lot of that going around, nothing is getting done.

When I was in Vermont, they seem to have no grasp of the economic crisis since it's not effecting them. They still have jobs and only like 2% of the state is unemployed.  If it wasn't for the fact that GS was offered another job closer, I would have been putting in applications left and right when I was up there, but I wondering now if it's not a bad idea. Sure, winter is going to suck and I've told myself to never move further north than this shithole, but as long as I can afford to heat my house comfortably, I think I can deal.

Plus, they produce a lot of beer and cheese...
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Dysnomia

I'd say move out here, but it's shitbad over this way too. 
It's all fun and games, till someone gets herpes.

http://cdn.smosh.com/smosh-pit/122010/mow-the-lawn.gif

Sir Squid Diddimus

Vermont does have good beer and cheese.

That's reason enough for me to move.

Suu

And unlike Rhode Island, they plow and shovel when it snows...of course this is necessary when living at the base of 2 4000+ ft mountains in Burlington.

and Magic Hat *IS* hiring.  :fap:

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Iason Ouabache

But you would have to live in Canada Jr. Surely that is a fate worse than death. It's like Purgatory, except more boring.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Suu on November 03, 2009, 05:40:26 PM
And unlike Rhode Island, they plow and shovel when it snows...of course this is necessary when living at the base of 2 4000+ ft mountains in Burlington.

So go.

I mean, you're just spinning your wheels right now anyway, right?

So fuck off to Vermont and give it a try.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Jenne

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 03, 2009, 08:45:08 PM

So go.

Rog is right--sounds like you have not much to lose other than shitty-ass creepy as fuck roomates with no lives.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Jenne on November 04, 2009, 02:21:31 PM

So go.

Rog is right--sounds like you have not much to lose other than shitty-ass creepy as fuck roomates with no lives.

And Richter.  But she can kidnap him.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Jenne

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 04, 2009, 02:23:17 PM
Quote from: Jenne on November 04, 2009, 02:21:31 PM

So go.

And Richter.  But she can kidnap him.

tr00f, that's a sadness.  I'd hate to lose Richter.

Suu

So now the big deal at work is making the schedule. Because unlike before, they want to be FLEXIBLE. Now, I made enough last night from those PISSANT RISD PHOTOGRAPHY GRADUATION FUCKTARDS for 2-3 lunches worth of work. So this is going to work out for the best until we figure out where we are going.

I just hope my parents hold off buying my plane tickets from Providence for at least another week.

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on November 03, 2009, 08:43:36 PM
But you would have to live in Canada Jr. Surely that is a fate worse than death. It's like Purgatory, except more boring.

Not really! I was surprised to see that it was the Québécois working the shit jobs around considering the current exchange rate. Unlike the Guatamalan dudes we have here who get shit on.

Though seeing road signs in both English and French and JUST kilometers for a stretch was a bit weird. And to be honest, I should probably work on learning Quebec French, because it's not uncommon for a lot of people in Burlington to commute to Montreal for work, apparently, as it is the nearest large city. Then I can work on dual citizenship...This could be my ticket out of the States!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

So go.

THIS

And Vermont is quite nice, really. My crazy mom and my non-crazy sister live there, I've been a few times.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."