News:

Today, for a brief second, I thought of a life without Roger. It was much like my current life, except that this forum was a bit nicer.

Main Menu

THE ULTIMATE DISCORDIAN TROLL THREAD

Started by President Television, November 03, 2009, 03:05:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cramulus

I don't troll PD directly, I just equip trolls to capitalize on our stuffy and clannish tendencies.  :lulz:

It's sort of like how the article on pinealism really just outlines exactly how to piss us off. For some, it will be a helpful guide. For others, it will be a path to endless entertainment.

I started to write a Choose Your Own Adventure about trolling PD but totally dropped it when I realized how much work it was going to be. Anybody is free to run with it though.

Captain Utopia

I was thinking about doing something like this the other day. But just now, noticing the pink-already-clicked-links, I guess this is where I got the idea from.

I think the approach I had in mind was a bit more meta though - like the way "well I wasn't being serious" usually mutates into "ha - socialological experiment".. I'm sure with enough thought there's a tree-like structure to which makes sense of the mapping. So each set of pages would deal with another categorisation of troll.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Captain Utopia

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 03, 2009, 03:33:36 PM
Quote from: FP on November 03, 2009, 02:34:22 PM
I hold out hope that while a civilisation may run on opinion, you can aim to increase how much of that opinion is influenced by fact-based data.

Creation science, thinking with your gut, etc, etc.
If the internet makes it easier for a civilisation to recollect its own past stupidity and put that in terms of current events, which I think it does, then I think that path leads closer to the goal.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 03, 2009, 03:33:36 PM
Quote from: FP on November 03, 2009, 02:34:22 PM
The ability to share/correlate/advertise facts on the internet hasn't quite reached its full potential, but I think it will.

Twitter.
I see twitter as equivalent to flagpole sitting - a new technology is used as a toy until gradually the novelty diminishes and then people go about their lives. So much of twitter seems to be the "part of the cool crowd", I don't see what other appeal it has which will out-last that.

Technically speaking - the fact that we have the technology to transmit and keep updated with so many small elements of data, is quite a stunning achievement. Sociologically speaking - the fact that its usage spreads virally through human networks is also interesting.

Practically speaking - we haven't found a good use for it yet.

East Coast Hustle

bullshit.

there is no better possible use for any technology than being able to keep people updated on a minute-by-minute basis when I'm pooping, and twitter allows for that.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I use Twitter mostly as a marketing tool. I Tweet several times a week about cute jewelry I find on Etsy in order to get the jewelry artists to follow me (hoping I'll Tweet about them next) and then once a month or so I Tweet that I just put up some new beads. The jewelry artists are more likely to check my site because I've been promoting them, and my sales increase.

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

East Coast Hustle

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

LMNO

Reginald Ret

That depends on what you've been eating.
So in your case, it probably isn't bad.
Don't go to a doctor.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"