News:

Not just a bunch of "Trotskyist, car-hating, Hugo Chavez idolising, newt-fancying hypocrites and bendy bus fetishists."

Main Menu

Ultimate Troll Thread Nomination Thread

Started by Cramulus, November 04, 2009, 02:03:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 04, 2009, 05:14:08 PM
Quote from: Nigel on November 04, 2009, 05:09:57 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 04, 2009, 05:05:44 PM
Quote from: Nigel on November 04, 2009, 04:59:59 PM
I kind of want to nominate Lumberjim, but I can't find any of his threads.

Dunno.  He was just obsessive.  Not on the same scale as Cowass, The Lamanite, or AKK.  I mean, these guys were TITANS of fail.

Yeah, but he was so persistently annoying, popping into various threads and derailing them in his quest for attention.

But he didn't produce any epic troll threads of his own so, ultimately, I agree with you. I just feel like he deserves honorable mention.

Dishonorable mentions are possible, I think.  Cram?

Yes, absolutely.  Cram was a massive troll failure.  He deserves honorable mention.

Cramulus

:argh!:

It occurs to me that a lot of this bullshit isn't technically trolling, it's just hilarious extended drama. From one angle, you might say the the PD members were the real trolls because they're the ones that pushed the poster in question to keep responding for like 50 pages. The aini rape thread (for example) was actually just a heated discussion with hilarious results.

so would it be best to nominate indivdual threads? posters?

should we inform the winners when they've won?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I think that for the purposes of this thread, threads should be named, rather than trolls. We can have a poll for best troll (intentional or not) of all time, too.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

East Coast Hustle

I know I'm obviously biased, but the best troll campaign ever run on PD.com was the year-long one undertaken by Cain, Roger, and myself which resulted in the regime change.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Rip City Hustle on November 04, 2009, 06:50:41 PM
I know I'm obviously biased, but the best troll campaign ever run on PD.com was the year-long one undertaken by Cain, Roger, and myself which resulted in the regime change.

Also, the Jihaad that drove the Yogi Bear Cabal out.

But we'd have to include Hugh, so fuck that.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Pterodactyl Handler

Thread:     BREAKING NEWS: Pterodactyls
Starring: Pterodactyl Handler X
Length: six pages of pure win
Link: http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=13263.msg421666#msg421666
Notes: The Pterodactyl Handler, PD's evil supervillain, appears from time to time and makes outrageous demands of the wretched forumites which inhabit this wretched forum. If they fail to comply, he bumps ancient threads of suck and fail, or otherwise ravages and terrorizes Apple Talk. Bikaaaw!

AFK

Not enough old timers around to remember them but Merlin of Chaos and Malcalypse the Tertiary had some pretty significant fail moments. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

LMNO

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: My Hat is a-RWHNd here somewhere on November 04, 2009, 07:03:32 PM
Not enough old timers around to remember them but Merlin of Chaos and Malcalypse the Tertiary had some pretty significant fail moments. 

That's not old school.  Old school was Tyler, PD's very first troll.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Captain Utopia

Has this been written up/documented for posterity somewhere?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: FP on November 04, 2009, 07:54:41 PM
Has this been written up/documented for posterity somewhere?

All over the board.  It was very, very messy.

What finally did it was the fact that the old Mgt wanted a bunch of us to leave (had even banned me for being "too chaotic" at one point).  So we did.  ECH hung around and said "I told you so" as content turned into and endless series of "PIE!", "STABBITY", and "TEQUILA", and Hugh endlessly retitling the same rants. 

At some point, Lauren had the brilliant idea of anonymous mods, which killed ALL remaining conversations.

Lauren finally had enough, and turned the board over to ECH, and slunk off to whatever wet rock she lives under now.

The mods at the time were:  Lauren, Bella (whom I *personally* don't hold as accountable as the others), Malaul, Hugh (who ran about 30 alts, all designed to attack Cain, ECH, and myself, among a few others, while pretending to be the "reasonable" one), and Slarti (who resigned when I called him on some heavy handed shit and congratulated him on adjusting so well to the Bush era).  Eldora was their resident ass-lamprey, and insured that the drama never stopped.

They're all gone now.  With the exception of Bella, I don't miss any of those fuckers. 

Oh, yeah, Hugh also read everyone's PMs and forwarded them to whomever would be most offended.

LMNO

I am so glad that people always forget that I was one of the Modz.

...Whoops.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on November 04, 2009, 08:12:50 PM
I am so glad that people always forget that I was one of the Modz.

...Whoops.

You were?   :lulz:

I always thought you were just tight with Bella.

The Good Reverend Roger

I still remember pissing you off when you announced your first contest.   :lulz:

I still have that rant.

LMNO

I was the one who filled the entire page of Apple talk with sticky posts.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 04, 2009, 08:14:33 PM
I still have that rant.

I'd love to see that again.