News:

PD's body has a way of shutting pro-lifer's down.

Main Menu

Solitude, crime thinking and clockwork sheep

Started by Dalek, November 05, 2009, 07:30:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dalek

I was walking with a marker in my pocket, vandalising posters. I often do it. I hate them. I can't think because of them. When I walk thinking, often my thoughts derail thanks to these god damn commercials. I don't like it when people poor toughts in my head. I like thinking on my own. I DON'T NEED YOUR FUCKING HELP! Whenever I want to eat, I'll eat. I don't get the idea of advertising shit with hot chicks. Do they expect that I will really buy this piece of shit, just because some hot chick is eating it? That I'll say to myself "Hey, look, the hot chick eats that shit, well, damn if I give it a try, maybe she'll notice and magically go out with me?" Anyway I went off topic here. I don't want to be ok? People often ask me "Are you OK, I think there's something wrong with you!". Well if you're OK, why would I even slightly wish I would be like you. For fuck's sake, I DON'T WANT TO! I dont want to be OK. I don't want to believe in the bullshit you think it's OK to believe. I don't want to persue the dreams you think it's OK to!. I don't want to think what's OK to think. I want to be fucking insane.

Today some jerk caught me vandalising some commercial posters. He started asking me what was I doing, and why was I doing it. I told him the comercials irritate me. The dumb fuck watched at me with his dumb look, and asked me about my name and where I learn.  Why the fuck does he think I was going to tell him?! Fucktard. A few times he told me I was not OK. I confirmed, thanked him and walked away. Fuck him.

When someone starts understanding, that the situation we are in sucks they give us packaged solutions. Yeah - care about global warming, you fuck! Care about it! And also those children with cancer! Care about them to! Or you don't have a heart. Or you're just not OK! And fuck, while you're at it, donate to some chairity foundation to stop feeling bad about them. Heal yourself of the compassion - DONATE!
You don't want to be alone, do you! So stop ranting against that machine of yours. You want to live in that fucking machine, right? Eversince you where a child you where afraid of solitude. You don't want to be alone. If you don't stop with that bullshit you'll be isolated. It will be hard for you to find friends. And they are important, aren't they? Everyone says so. Everyone has friends. When you are with them it's easier. You don't have to think. You do it together. You think about a shit load of stuff: games, tv shows, movies, books... When you are together it's easy. When you are alone those god damn toughts won't shut up. You get sad. You start understanding how small and pathetic you are. You understand you have no real friends. You see that whatever you accomplish in life you end up rotting in a grave in the end. Maybe in an expensive coffin, but still - in a grave. The same goes to all of your friends. No, don't worry, they won't last forever. They will star leaving you slowly. If you are lucky you'll die before they do. If you aren't you'll watch everyone around you dying, while you are left alone with your thoughts and with the collection of movies, books, music, airplane models and all the items, you've collected throught the years, hoping they will replace the others, when you are alone.

Let's take a look at school. It's a good model of society, and the best model I can give, being a highschool student. You're in the caffetiria.. Everyone isdiscussing and laughing at some show they watched on TV. You'll give it a look. And maybe you are the other type. Maybe you are a crime-thinker. Maybe you'll skip the TV show, and while the other green wearing sheep amuse themselfs with packeged thoughts, you'll be working on your own thoughts. The ones comming from your head. You'll rearange them, refine them, maybe write them down. You need yo know yourself. You need to spend a lot of time with you. I know I don;t want to be in one head with someone I don't know. I'll just be unable to trust him.

Thoughts are like children's mosaics. You put the pieces together. You like it. In time you understand something is wrong and again you rearange the mosaic. This time it's better, but far from perfect. Later you'll take another look. You can leave what you like and remove what bothers you.

With the packaged ideas come packaged revolutions. You can choose one of them. Say, you like punk. "No problem. We have heaps of ready punk packages. Oh, wait the package is only one. We've got non-conformism. Newest hit. Sells like warm bread. Combine it with some "punk" trousers and beer. You also get a bonus - a preset playlist of bands that your punk friends will like. You don't like it? Well don't worry, you'll get used to it. After all you don't want to be rejected. Do you have some ideals? Sorry, you'll have to drop them. Though we have some better ideals that really match those trousers. To beggin with, you need to go meet-up with other punks, just like you! They share
your worldview. You need to believe that wearing a mohawk and consuming beer, will actually change the way people think, and everyone will understand how capitalism really sucks, and anarchy is what they need. Thinking is not recomended. It never leads to anything good. Here we have a good collection of pseudo-culture you'll need to show those capitalist fucks, your worldview is the right one. To questions you may answer with burping or with "Anarchy is actually the mother of order, man!" That always works. Don't accept reasonable arguements! And don't forget - your revolution is 100% government approuved!"

Sometimes I think about how nice it would be if people wouldn't try so hard to make me trip. I wish I could really have the right of free speach, and not be threathened to be beaten up, because of saying that in my opinion anarchy is bullshit. I want to be stimulated to think in school. I don't want to be forced to write down my teachers two page analisis of the thing we're reading in literature. I hate watching movies based on books, I hate being forced to study other people's toughts on a subject, differing entierly from mine. I dont want to be given a low grade for having thoughts differing from what I'm supposed to think on the subject. I don't want to know people who accept
"you just can't understand" or "I am right, FUCK logic!" as a reasonable arguement. I think I understand perfectly and you can't think of a logical reason you are right. Maybe it's some protection from dangerous thoughts that most people have.

I am a crime-thinker. I am also a sheep. Maybe a sheep from a different flock, but still a sheep. Maybe my brain is washed to. I think I am a crime-thinker, that I am different from the others, but my revolution is aloso approved by the Machine. You see, in the Machine there are no revolutions. There are only differnet parts. And even tough that those parts of the Machine may be entierly different, doing entierly differnet stuff, they are still parts of the machine. In the end every part is replaced by a new one. Everything goes on normaly. Everything goes smooth. We can just hope some day it will all just rust.

PS: The last part about the machine that I published in anothere thread was just a part of this rant, but I was to lasy and didn't have time to translate the whole thing in english untill now.
PS2: Sorry for the possible spelling and punctuation errors. I was tired.

The Good Reverend Roger

I like this shit.

Except for the third to last paragraph.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Johnny

Quote from: DALEKK on November 05, 2009, 07:30:54 PM
Today some jerk caught me vandalising some commercial posters. He started asking me what was I doing, and why was I doing it. I told him the comercials irritate me. The dumb fuck watched at me with his dumb look, and asked me about my name and where I learn.  Why the fuck does he think I was going to tell him?! Fucktard. A few times he told me I was not OK. I confirmed, thanked him and walked away. Fuck him.

You are very well on your right to yell at him something in the lines of "AND WHO THE HELL ARE YOUU - THE FUCKING POSTER POLICE???"

You don't want to be alone, do you! So stop ranting against that machine of yours. You want to live in that fucking machine, right? Eversince you where a child you where afraid of solitude. You don't want to be alone. If you don't stop with that bullshit you'll be isolated. It will be hard for you to find friends.

Most people do not like being alone, for when you are alone, without speaking, you start to think and GOD FORBID do some introspection.

Let's take a look at school. It's a good model of society, and the best model I can give, being a highschool student.

Im not sure if you mean "good model of society" or more on the lines of "a good representation of what goes on in society"... rest seems just ramblings...

With the packaged ideas come packaged revolutions. You can choose one of them. Say, you like punk. "No problem. We have heaps of ready punk packages. Oh, wait the package is only one.

Because its not about a social cause or equality, its about bravado and being oppositional

We've got non-conformism. Newest hit. Sells like warm bread. Combine it with some "punk" trousers and beer. You also get a bonus - a preset playlist of bands that your punk friends will like. You don't like it? Well don't worry, you'll get used to it. After all you don't want to be rejected.

Within any set identity, there is always a process of "objectivization" - for the idea of being a specific "something" is implicitly related to liking "some things". And say, since in punk its a subculture built around punk music, i dont see why you expect more.

I don't want to be forced to write down my teachers two page analisis of the thing we're reading in literature. I hate watching movies based on books, I hate being forced to study other people's toughts on a subject, differing entierly from mine. I dont want to be given a low grade for having thoughts differing from what I'm supposed to think on the subject. I don't want to know people who accept
"you just can't understand" or "I am right, FUCK logic!" as a reasonable arguement. I think I understand perfectly and you can't think of a logical reason you are right. Maybe it's some protection from dangerous thoughts that most people have.

Its not about learning, grades and the diploma are your little badge to show the world you will submit and will be useful to your employers. Learning? Nobody cares about THAT.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

the other anonymous

Quote from: JohNyx on November 05, 2009, 10:10:51 PM
Today some jerk caught me vandalising some commercial posters. He started asking me what was I doing, and why was I doing it. I told him the comercials irritate me. The dumb fuck watched at me with his dumb look, and asked me about my name and where I learn.  Why the fuck does he think I was going to tell him?! Fucktard. A few times he told me I was not OK. I confirmed, thanked him and walked away. Fuck him.

You are very well on your right to yell at him something in the lines of "AND WHO THE HELL ARE YOUU - THE FUCKING POSTER POLICE???"

This is the correct Psychocycle. Freaking out on people is a form of conflict escalation. Most of the time, they don't want that much trouble and will leave.

KopyKat253

I think that we can learn from this, we children of the broken machine. we must become the newest parts and make the machine our own. As impossible as it seems to fix this wreck, maybe we should just buy a new one! A new school based on the Pentabarf! Or atleast this fifth and most important of the pentabarf.
A Discordian is Prohibited from Believing What is read.
We must teach our children this most important rule and encourage them to find the truth within the lies.
QuoteLet's take a look at school. It's a good model of society, and the best model I can give, being a highschool student.
The stereotypes of the adult world and the media scam are amazingly imprinted on the model of high school life. the old leaders, the jocks and the entertainment, the outcasted and the misunderstood are groups that stay separated in an aneristic way all the way untill the aftermath.
Keep It Simple Stupid
Write for the masses. Don't use to many big words.
The mob doesn't like lexicographers.

the other anonymous

Quote from: KopyKat253 on November 06, 2009, 01:37:41 AM
I think that we can learn from this, we children of the broken machine.

Why, yes, I'd love to join your cult. Where do I castrate myself?

Golden Applesauce

Sometimes I think about how nice it would be if people wouldn't try so hard to make me trip. I wish I could really have the right of free speech, and not be threatened to be beaten up because of saying that in my opinion anarchy is bullshit. I want to be stimulated to think in school. I don't want to be forced to write down my teachers two page analysis of the thing we're reading in literature. I hate watching movies based on books, I hate being forced to study other people's thoughts on a subject, differing entirely from mine. I don't want to be given a low grade for having thoughts differing from what I'm supposed to think on the subject. I don't want to know people who accept "you just can't understand" or "I am right, FUCK logic!" as a reasonable argument. I think I understand perfectly and you can't think of a logical reason you are right. Maybe it's some protection from dangerous thoughts that most people have.

I agree with your rant in general, just wanted to point out the two lines I bolded.  First:

QuoteI hate being forced to study other people's thoughts on a subject, differing entirely from mine.

The word for this is "learning."  If you aren't willing to encounter thoughts other than your own, why bother reading anything?  Just talk into a microphone and play it back to yourself when you're done.  The human mind doesn't operate in isolation, making new ideas out of a vacuum - it needs input and stimulation.  "Your thoughts" which you prize so much are inspired by the thoughts of others, perhaps in ways you do not realize.  If you try to isolate your thoughts entirely from those of others, what happens is all your thoughts breed with each other and a few years later you get massive mental inbreeding.  (This happens to groups that think to much alike as well.)  You need to read the writings of other intelligent people who disagree with you to check yourself against reality.  Who knows, you might even agree with a couple of them.  But it's more educational when you don't - then you can trace back the lines of reasoning until you reach different fundamental assumptions about the world, and thereby discover your own assumptions.

QuoteI think I understand perfectly and you can't think of a logical reason you are right.

Just because someone doesn't know why they're right doesn't mean that they're wrong, and just because you understand a subject better than the person arguing with you doesn't mean you understand it perfectly.  It's entirely possible that neither of you fully understand WTF you're talking about.  More likely, the other person is making different assumptions about reality than you which support his claims, but doesn't recognize his own assumptions - meaning he thinks you also have that assumption and can't figure out why you have so much trouble accepting his claim, which does actually follow from his assumption.  Well, I say "more likely" but the person could just be an idiot.  But if you assume they're an idiot, you'll never learn anything from the people who aren't idiots.  (and many idiots can be instructive in their own way.)
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

KopyKat253

Quote from: the other anonymous on November 06, 2009, 01:40:09 AM
Quote from: KopyKat253 on November 06, 2009, 01:37:41 AM
I think that we can learn from this, we children of the broken machine.

Why, yes, I'd love to join your cult. Where do I castrate myself?

save your nuts for the cabbal salad.
:lulz:
Keep It Simple Stupid

Dalek

Quote from: GA on November 06, 2009, 02:38:01 AM

QuoteI hate being forced to study other people's thoughts on a subject, differing entirely from mine.

The word for this is "learning."  If you aren't willing to encounter thoughts other than your own, why bother reading anything? Just talk into
What I mean is that in literature class, the teacher dictates her analisis to us, and then we have to be able to reproduce them. We have to write down the stuff she thinks of the book, and then be able to recite it sort of by heart. IMO it's completely pointless

Reginald Ret

Quote from: DALEKK on November 06, 2009, 06:45:15 AM

The word for this is "learning."  If you aren't willing to encounter thoughts other than your own, why bother reading anything? Just talk into
What I mean is that in literature class, the teacher dictates her analisis to us, and then we have to be able to reproduce them. We have to write down the stuff she thinks of the book, and then be able to recite it sort of by heart. IMO it's completely pointless

Mockingly copy her every word.

sign it   
Teacher's Name
Dalekk
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

The Good Reverend Roger

I had a college English prof like that.  She was a libertarian. :x

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

KopyKat253

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 09, 2009, 03:31:47 PM

:facepalm:
Keep It Simple Stupid

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: KopyKat253 on November 09, 2009, 04:28:13 PM

Doin' it wrong.

KopyKat253

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 09, 2009, 04:36:29 PM
Quote from: KopyKat253 on November 09, 2009, 04:28:13 PM

Doin' it wrong.

:fap:
Keep It Simple Stupid

The Good Reverend Roger

Enough is enough.  You just went on the same list as TOA and Badges.

Later, asshole.