News:

PD.com : We are the parents your children warned you about.

Main Menu

AN ODE TO THE EXON

Started by President Television, November 05, 2009, 04:19:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

President Television

O GLORIOUS EXON!
HOW YOU SIT UPON
THAT DOUBLE HELIX FRAME!
THE FEEBLE INTRON,
HOW IT KEEPS RIGHT ON
NOT DOING ANYTHING; IT'S LAME!

YOU ARE COOL
THE OTHER GENES ARE FOOLS
YOU'RE A TOOL
BUT YOU'RE STILL COOL

TRANSCRIPTION IS WHERE IT'S AT
AND WHEN IT HAPPENS THEY FALL FLAT
POLYMERASE OF RNA
COMES TO PEEL YOU ALL AWAY
PROMOTERS TELL IT WHERE TO BIND
YOU KNOW THEY CAN'T BE HARD TO FIND

ADANINE, GUANINE,
THYMINE, CYTOSINE
RNA HAS ALL BUT THYMINE
IT HAS URACIL
INSTEAD OF THYMINE
THAT CAT IS WAY TOO RADICAL
FOR THAT RNA
DAYUM, THAT'S THYMINE

EXONS AND INTRONS ARE TRANSCRIBED
TO MESSENGER RNA
BUT NO INTRONS HEREIN DESCRIBED
EVER, EVER GET TO STAY
THAT'S DISCRIMINATION!
IT'S A FASCIST NATION!
BUT WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO
WHEN THOSE NAZIS LIVE IN YOU?

IT'S THEN THAT MESSENGER RNA
FINALLY LEAVES THE DOCKING BAY
OF THE NUCLEUS TO PAY
A VISIT TO A RIBOSOME,
WHICH HAS ITS OWN RNA.
IT'S CALLED RIBOSOMAL RNA!

THREE BASES IN THE RNA
MAKE A CODON, SO THEY SAY
AND TRANSFER RNA
FORMS ANTICODONS
WHICH ATTACH TO THESE IN A LOGICAL WAY
AND BRING AMINO ACIDS IN;
THUS PROTEIN SYNTHESIS BEGINS

THE AMINO ACIDS FORM A CHAIN
THIS CHAIN IS A POLYPEPTIDE CHAIN
NOT SOME OTHER KIND OF CHAIN
LIKE A NON-SCIENTIFIC-JARGON CHAIN
OR A SEND THIS TO X AMOUNT OF FRIENDS MAIL CHAIN
OR A RHYMING BRAIN RAIN CRANE LANE CHAIN
IT IS A POLYPEPTIDE CHAIN
AND IT IS A PROTEIN
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

President Television

My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

President Television

The Johnny

I praise your...

enthusiasm?...
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

President Television

Remington

Is it plugged in?

President Television

I got the process a bit wrong, though. A polypeptide chain itself is not a protein. It needs to fold up first, and the configuration of the folding determines which protein you end up with. But it's close enough, right?

Roaring Biscuit!

well a polypeptide chain is a protein, just it refers specifically to the primary structure of said protein.  Or at least thats how I always understood it.

President Television

I need to read that part of my textbook again.