News:

Testimonial: "It's just honestly sad that a place like this exists"

Main Menu

hey roger

Started by rong, November 08, 2009, 11:54:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rong

A few days ago, after finishing yet another dreary midnight shift, I lay in bed raking the leaves of the evening into the further corners of my brain.  Rearranging the furniture.  Getting comfortable, so to speak.  I stumbled across a thought.  I got close to thinking it, but I was afraid.  This thought was covered in a thick black blanket of, well, blackness.  I poked at it a bit and noted it's location for further consideration.  But I just couldn't bring myself to think that thought.  I knew it was a horrible thought.  The most horrible thought I could ever possibly think.  I started to poke at it a little more, but recoiled in terror.  What if I accidentally thought the thought?  Would I DIE?  Does my brain know how to die?  Maybe it was a memory.  I didn't want to find out.  But now . . . I know it's there.  I hope it doesn't lurk around.  What if it's eating my other thoughts?  Getting stronger.

Have you ever found a thought like that?  Did you go ahead and think it? 
"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: rong on November 08, 2009, 11:54:02 PM
Have you ever found a thought like that?  Did you go ahead and think it? 

My head is a birdcage, and it has not been cleaned.  There are memories I don't like to go near, but I haven't yet run across a thought that was too warped or twisted to consider.  And some of that shit is pretty damn vile.  I mean, does anyone else here spend time rolling the thought of Courtney Love all naked - and covered in strawberries - around in their head?  I know I do.

And sometimes I sit and think of various ways to get all you bastards off my planet.  No offense.

And then sometimes I don't think at all.  I just do ignorant shit that leaves me all wrung out, in danger of unemployment or worse, wondering why I DIDN'T spend a bit more time up in my head using that grey shit for something other than a way to keep my ears apart.  But what can I say?  I'm a dumbass, and I do dumbass things up here in the mountains, and thank fucking God she's finally gone to sleep.  I guess the fucking pills can only keep you going so long, then it's time to take some that let you go to sleep finally, and you know you only have yourself to blame, and you can't keep from remembering what happened to Curly when he took a good time right to the fucking wall.

And you might even wonder if you'll ever get out of these mountains alive, Rong.  I mean, this IS where Johnny Ringo was murdered, and his body thrown in a tree.  Jebus.  I hope I did it right.  I think I did, because I'm not full of holes, looking like a pomegranate in a black T-shirt and jeans.

Whoops.  Wandered there for a minute.  Anyway, yeah, you gotta go diving into that shit, ride that fucking torpedo, drive down that Lost Highway, because otherwise you'll just die ANYWAY, but you'll be bored when it happens.  "Bob" put those filthy thoughts in your head for a REASON, Rong, so drop your pants and roll in them.

I hope that helps.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

rygD

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 09, 2009, 12:11:01 AM
I mean, does anyone else here spend time rolling the thought of Courtney Love all naked - and covered in strawberries - around in their head?  I know I do.

I have thoughts like this, but it isn't usually strawberries...

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 09, 2009, 12:11:01 AM
And sometimes I sit and think of various ways to get all you bastards off my planet.  No offense.

My thoughts usually fall more into this category.  I usually try not to let others know of the things that happen in my head, as I learned when I first started interacting with others on a social level that they get upset easily.  You mention to them  how you think it would be funny if that girl with the really long hair that keeps blowing out the bus window had most of her hair grabbed by a truck going the other direction and it pulled her out  and pulled her along the pavement, leaving a beautiful smear with occasional waves.  Then they tell you that you are weird, so you attempt to explain it away telling them that the girl is more than likely never going to do anything useful, just using up that which could help benefit others who might actually be beneficial in some way.  Then they avoid you from then on. 

There are some out there with very dark thoughts, they just usually hide them away.  I know many that aren't as aggressive as mine, and these are usually because of tragic events in their lives.  I dunno, maybe images of suffering and death of others play out more frequently in their heads than mine.  I am not a mean or rude person.  I frequently feel I am too nice to others in my daily life.  I have been told this.  I only want you around for as long as what you do for me is greater than the value of that which you take from me.

Also, Roger, it seems you seem to have gotten much softer since a couple years ago.  Is it just me or am I missing something?
:rbtg:

Quote from: rygD on March 07, 2007, 02:53:03 PM
...nuke Iraq and give it to the Jews...

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: rygD on November 09, 2009, 12:31:45 AM
Also, Roger, it seems you seem to have gotten much softer since a couple years ago.  Is it just me or am I missing something?

Softer?

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

KopyKat253

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 09, 2009, 12:34:40 AM
Also, Roger, it seems you seem to have gotten much softer since a couple years ago.  Is it just me or am I missing something?

Softer?

they said you went easy on me in that one thread.

http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=22844.msg774944#msg774944
Keep It Simple Stupid
Write for the masses. Don't use to many big words.
The mob doesn't like lexicographers.

rygD

Softer?

Yes, I still have the greatest respect for you, always will, but you seem...I dunno, like a big fluffy teddy bear.  Something loved and adored by the children, with little thought of your true predatory nature.

KopyKat253

Quote from: rygD on November 09, 2009, 12:48:30 AM

Softer?

Yes, I still have the greatest respect for you, always will, but you seem...I dunno, like a big fluffy teddy bear.  Something loved and adored by the children, with little thought of your true predatory nature.

I would have to run from one of Theodores bears if it started to chase me.
Keep It Simple Stupid

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: rygD on November 09, 2009, 12:48:30 AM

Softer?

Yes, that just makes it so much more fun when the mask finally slips. 

Never let 'em see you coming.

rygD

Excellent, as long as it is still in there...

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: rygD on November 09, 2009, 01:09:26 AM
Excellent, as long as it is still in there...

Sure.  I just use it more IRL these days.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: KopyKat253 on November 09, 2009, 12:43:20 AM
Also, Roger, it seems you seem to have gotten much softer since a couple years ago.  Is it just me or am I missing something?

Softer?

http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=22844.msg774944#msg774944

You don't get points for squashing retards.

KopyKat253

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 09, 2009, 01:10:38 AM

Softer?

I will forever remember your wise words of wisdom.
Keep It Simple Stupid

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: KopyKat253 on November 09, 2009, 01:12:27 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 09, 2009, 01:10:38 AM

Softer?

I will forever remember your wise words of wisdom.

That's great.  Excuse me now, I have to go see what I can fit in my ass.

KopyKat253

Keep It Simple Stupid

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I'm about to go find my mountains now. In a little while. Except my mountains look a lot like sushi and the Broadway Metroplex. Still, there are times when I wonder if I'll make it out alive.

There are thoughts that pass through my mind that I wish had never occurred. Thoughts of atrocities so ugly they can't be spoken, usually accompanied by a rolling video complete with sound. My imagination is superb, whether I want it to be or not but especially when I don't want it to be, and it generates terrible things.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."