News:

Endorsement from MysticWicks: "The most fatuous, manipulative, and venomous people to be found here are all of the discordian genre."

Main Menu

Discuss

Started by Cain, November 25, 2009, 09:45:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

LMNO

This is one of those times when the image filter at work really sucks.

Triple Zero

hm that looks pretty cool. Like something that would hang in the Office of Dirk Gently :-)

got a higher resolution version of this? it's an awesome confusable :-)

further discussion points:

- who numbered the Fields I-IV and why?
- what's religious nihilism?
- what do those funky black squares and arrows do?
- what's a plane of immanence?
- why does pure chaos lead to nothingness/death? isn't that where stuff is born from?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Cain

LMNO, is there an image host your site doesn't block?

000, in order

- Bülent Diken, in the order he discussed them
- religious nihilism is where one values religious principles above reality, earth, society etc
- I think they just look cool, to be honest
- Immanence refers to philosophical and metaphysical theories of divine presence, which hold that some divine being or essence manifests in and through all aspects of the material world. It is usually applied in monotheistic, pantheistic, or panentheistic faiths to suggest that the spiritual world permeates the non-spiritual, and often contrasts the idea of transcendence.
- Not in this schema, because he is linking nihilist affects with social structures, and a society built on pure chaos is the same as a society built on spite - impossible.  According to this theoretical model, anyway.

Captain Utopia

Quote from: Triple Zero on November 25, 2009, 03:02:48 PM
- why does pure chaos lead to nothingness/death? isn't that where stuff is born from?
I assume the chaos/order vertical axis is defining chaos as the opposite of order, rather than the mix of order and disorder.

My interpretation of that is that as you approach "pure chaos", the viability of continued existence decreases, as structure/life seems to require a certain threshold of order. Though, "hybrid chaos" (field III) doesn't make much sense to me in that context, as that implies elements of order present in the interactions between different configurations of chaos.