News:

Testimonial - Well it seems that most of you "discordians" are little more than dupes of the Cathedral/NWO memetic apparatus after all -- "freethinkers" in the sense that you are willing to think slightly outside the designated boxes of correct thought, but not free in the sense that you reject the existence of the boxes and seek their destruction.

Main Menu

ATTN: Scottish spags

Started by Elder Iptuous, November 09, 2009, 03:33:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elder Iptuous

I'm currently drunk on something i've no idea how to pronounce.
please to provide pronunciation for "Glenmorangie"
also, as my bottle is now empty, please to provide recommendations on my next bottle of Scotch Whiskey.....
:D
a thousand thanks from a drunken Yank.

Cain

"Glen-More-An-Gie"

Also I suggest Laphroaig Quarter Cask, it should be a little more expensive than Glenmorangie (in the UK its usually around £20 for the former and £33 for the latter) but the difference in quality is noticeable, plus it's an Islay distillery, and I generally recommend Islay scotch whisky.

On the other hand, if you have money to burn, the older, 25+ year old Glen Grant single malts are as smooth as hell.  You pay through the nose for them, but they're oh so very worth it.

Elder Iptuous

Thx, Cain.
I'll give that one a go...

Messier Undertree

I was also about to suggest Laphroaig or Ardbeg before noticing that Cain had beat me to it.

Seriously,
Islay whisky > everything else

If it doesn't taste like smoke, then it's not worth the money. I usually drink Laphroaig 10 year old and the 15 year old when I can afford it (rarely).

The Good Reverend Roger

Why can't you Scots use real English when you name things?

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Pope Pixie Pickle

its the Gaelic they used to speak before they were opressed into speaking english (or waht passes for it anyway :P)

East Coast Hustle

Bushmills is the best scotch, followed by Seagrams 7.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pixie O'Fubar on November 09, 2009, 03:44:52 PM
its the Gaelic they used to speak before they were opressed into speaking english (or waht passes for it anyway :P)

Why did England want Scotland, anyway?  You can't grow shit, and it's full of Scotsmen.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Suu

We have Bowmore at work right now. It's an Islay whisky. I also had to correct GS on how to say Islay. It's EYE-LAH not IS-LAY.

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

rygD

Ok, hold on for a minute while I write these all down.
:rbtg:

Quote from: rygD on March 07, 2007, 02:53:03 PM
...nuke Iraq and give it to the Jews...

Telarus

I'll second (third? fourth?) the Laphroaig recommendation.

Damn, I haven't had that in a long time, and I can still taste the peat-charcoal.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

rygD

Is there a thread around here anywhere for (good) liquor suggestions?

Reginald Ret

Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

rygD

Wow, you got me so good, Regret.

And, I bet that was easier than saying "Maybe..."

MMIX

Quote from: Rip City Hustle on November 09, 2009, 04:25:37 PM
Bushmills is the best scotch, followed by Seagrams 7.

have you got a death wish, do you hate the Scots or is your geography really shite  :lol:

. . . death by deep fried Mars bar or being stuffed with haggis is reputed to be really nasty, you know . . .
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber