News:

Yes we're horrible toxic people, because this is 2020's Mental Illness Olympics, and the winners get a free pass on giving life-threatening advice with the bonus of having zero accountability for their shit behaviour.

Main Menu

RAGE!!

Started by Suu, January 21, 2010, 12:28:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuquad

Quote from: Slanket the Destroyer on January 21, 2010, 05:18:17 AM

StD,
suggests you visit the third world sometime. Look at how they live, then look at how our poor live.
Our poor have two tv's and nintendo.
THE WORST FORUM ON THE INTERNET

Suu

I have. I've seen the slums of Brazil (Brasilia, btw, not Rio de Janeiro, which is VERY different) and the Dominican Republic. I'm not fucking dumb. I know what's out there. I trained with the Brazilian Olympic Taekwondo Team and their women can't even afford bras as they fight barefoot on a worn out wood floor at their OLYMPIC TRAINING CENTER.

America may have it "better" but we don't have it "good" either.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Shibboleet The Annihilator

Quote from: Fuquad on January 21, 2010, 05:21:18 AM

StD,
suggests you visit the third world sometime. Look at how they live, then look at how our poor live.
Our poor have big screen TVs, a computer and at least a playstation. Also, adequate food, shelter, housing and medical care.

FTFY.

phi

Quote from: Slanket the Destroyer on January 21, 2010, 05:29:01 AM

StD,
Our poor have big screen TVs, a computer and at least a playstation. Also, adequate food, shelter, housing and medical care.
FTFY.
I would agree that on the average we're better off than a third world country, but there are places where you are just as likely beaten and raped by the cops or shot in the streets... However I am certainly not saying that makes the plight of others any less "real". I wanted to interject here to make that point; we're all people. In the end borders are illusory. It's about how we can best allocate resources. We've seriously fucked up Haiti and the slaves that toil under the government and infrastructure we've perpetuated. I don't think relief will be in any way less of a two step backwards fuck up, but I am totally for helping the people.
Quote from: Shrunkenheadspace on January 24, 2010, 03:44:12 AM
Only 41 more posts til Clue Jr!
Quote from: Turdley Burgleson on January 24, 2010, 05:43:57 AM
You're some kind of off-balancing piece of shit that just tears a hole in the whole god damned spectrum of life and creates a friggin mess out of everything.

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

ALRIGHT IVE JUST SEEN ONE TOO MANY WHINY POSTS THIS WEEK AND I SNAPPED

phi

Quote from: Fredamir Putin on January 21, 2010, 05:36:23 AM
BUT NO ONE LOVES ME, CUTTING MYSELF IS THE ONLY WAY I FEEL ALIVE, AND MY SHIFT KEY IS JAMMED!
Quote from: Shrunkenheadspace on January 24, 2010, 03:44:12 AM
Only 41 more posts til Clue Jr!
Quote from: Turdley Burgleson on January 24, 2010, 05:43:57 AM
You're some kind of off-balancing piece of shit that just tears a hole in the whole god damned spectrum of life and creates a friggin mess out of everything.

Suu

StD,

FTFY.

I have an out of date computer. I have no TV of my own, no gaming system, I eat only when I'm at work and I have no medical care because I make too much for Medicaid but not enough for private coverage if that makes sense. I've been turned down for welfare and food stamps last year. I've been turned down for unemployment. And when I see these "poor" people dripping in gold paying for Bebe's Kids apple juice at Stop and Shop with a benefits card I wonder what the hell I'm doing wrong. Maybe because I'm not trying to fuck the system? I dunno. I hocked most of my gold last year for $45 so Herbert would stop bitching that he wanted rent money after I had been out of work for 2 months and UI hadn't come through yet.

It's not like I jumped for joy when the earthquake happened, I was just sickeningly complacent with a touch of, "Wow that sucks."

I think I just need a full night's sleep or something, I don't know...Nothing is making much sense anymore.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Fuquad

StD,
Our poor have TVs, a computer and at least a playstation. Also, adequate food, shelter, housing and medical care.

FTFY.
fixed it again.

Not as many big screen tv's as you might think.
THE WORST FORUM ON THE INTERNET

Suu

Quote from: phi on January 21, 2010, 05:35:27 AM

StD,
FTFY.
I would agree that on the average we're better off than a third world country, but there are places where you are just as likely beaten and raped by the cops or shot in the streets... However I am certainly not saying that makes the plight of others any less "real". I wanted to interject here to make that point; we're all people. In the end borders are illusory. It's about how we can best allocate resources. We've seriously fucked up Haiti and the slaves that toil under the government and infrastructure we've perpetuated. I don't think relief will be in any way less of a two step backwards fuck up, but I am totally for helping the people.

Don't get me wrong, if I could I'd send money too. I'd also donate blood if I wasn't thalassemic.

NotPublished

The way I see it.

People are always going to suffer out in the world, due to tragedy, bad end of the deal etc.

All you really have is yourself to look out for, while you can feel sympathy for the poor souls that happened upon the Tidal Waves, and the Haiti Quake; (un)fortunantely life still moves on.

If you forget about yourselves, the potential to help another is considerably less. So in a way its like helping yourself to help others.

While it is something to smile when you hear a story of people who are already in trouble, extending their hands (however short they may be) to help another - and more than often they are dragging themselves down further due to this. Sometimes with people its inevitable, well the whole thing is relative .. sometimes they might be lucky and by extending their hands out to help people, they might accidently strike a oil well or something.

That said, the ones who aren't in trouble are usually reluctant to even sink their paws into what remotely may look like shit.

Sometimes people will need to vent to recieve some form of reinforcement so they can continue on in their trudge in the bogged down marshs, and they might be able to pass the same thing onto others.

Ok I think I'm getting off tangent and a bit fluffy here so I'll just stop.
In Soviet Russia, sins died for Jesus.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Suu on January 21, 2010, 05:09:43 AMProvidence is a mess. Some parts of the District of Columbia look no different than the slums of Haiti

really? I did not know that. I'm assume you mean pre-quake, anyone got some pics of those slums?

Quote from: Fredamir Putin on January 21, 2010, 05:36:23 AM

FUCK YEAH LETS GO DO SOMETHING FUN
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Suu

I slept now. I'm over it.

...Except that my mom called me and she's pissed so I'm trying not to get pissed again.