News:

Can anyone ever be sufficiently committed to Sparkle Motion?

Main Menu

Greatest Troll Thread OF ALL TIME

Started by Cramulus, November 09, 2009, 02:52:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which of these threads contains the most lulz?

Why is the internet so fucking fascist? (IANAR)
4 (12.5%)
Hello again everyone! (massive TL;DR) (IANAR)
0 (0%)
BIP- Just call me Nigger to my face. (Lamanite)
3 (9.4%)
A kLoKwErK kAoS (AKK)
8 (25%)
Stirring up Trouble: Why Api is anti-MLK Day (Aini)
0 (0%)
SO, ARAFELIS: Trying to stir shit? (Arafelis)
0 (0%)
Pointless drama, hysteria and self-righteous whinging thread. (Daruko)
1 (3.1%)
Attn: TGRR, Nigel, and Faust? (Daruko)
2 (6.3%)
Extract of DK fail thread. (Dead Kennedy)
2 (6.3%)
Taboo Soup (Lamanite)
0 (0%)
BREAKING NEWS: Pterodactyls (Pterodactyl Handler X)
9 (28.1%)
Clearly THIS thread is the winner
3 (9.4%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Voting closed: November 16, 2009, 02:52:07 PM

Cramulus

GREATEST TROLL THREAD
            OF ALL TIME
              POLL

Please vote for one of the above threads. Please note that you are not voting for the most annoying USER of all time, just the most annoying THREAD. Or the best thread, depending on how you see things. Links and recaps below

This poll will run for 7 days.

Please post and tell us what exactly you find so wonderful / horrible about the thread you're voting for.

Quote from: Cramulus on November 04, 2009, 02:03:16 AM
Thread: Why is the internet so fucking fascist?
Starring: I Am Not a Rhombus
Length: 47 pages
Link: http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=14112.0
Notes: This may be where we first encountered the tempest known as I Am Not a Rhombus. It started as a discussion about whether or not people with Aspergers should be treated differently on the internet. The hand wringing did not stop for some time.

Thread: Hello again everyone! (massive TL;DR)
Starring: I Am Not a Rhombus
Length: 27 pages
Link: http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=19300.0
Notes: The Rhombus Returns to tell us what terrible people we all are. Weighing in at 27 pages, this thread wasn't as prolonged as the original, but did get pretty out of control.

Quote from: Cramulus on November 04, 2009, 02:06:51 AM
Thread:     BIP- Just call me Nigger to my face.
Starring: The lamanite
Length: 28 pages
Link: http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=13141.msg417208#msg417208
Notes: The Lamanite was an american indian who resented being treated like a second class citizen. What he never noticed was that nobody was treating him like a second class citizen. That is, until he decided that most of us should be killed so the land can return to balance. IIRC there was another thread before this one in which he flipped out at everybody. He flounced for a bit, and then returned with this gem of a thread, accusing us of being racist for having the word "Niger" in the latin "Black Iron Prison" logo. Later in the thread, he admitted his intent was to provoke somebody into calling him nigger. Nobody ever did. He eventually left.

Quote from: Cramulus on November 04, 2009, 02:24:01 AM
Thread:     A kLoKwErK kAoS
Starring: A kLoKwErK kAoS
Length: 37 pages
Link: http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=11992.0
Notes: A Klokwerk Kaos really deserves his own hall of fame. Here is his debut thread, in which you will learn about his myspace page. You'll notice that he was sort of well received ... until about page 3 or so. His attempts to master and eventually masturbate this forum consumed everybody's attention for something like two months. Nobody's really sure when he switched gears and decided to waste everybody's time hardcore. It was at this point that the first PLEDGE was declared (not present ITT). For those who were there at the time, he remains one of the memorable trolls to ever post on PD.

Quote from: Cramulus on November 04, 2009, 02:27:50 AM
Thread:     Stirring up Trouble: Why Api is anti-MLK Day
Starring: Saint Aini
Length: 24 pages
Link: http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=14989.0
Notes: I guess this is more of a drama thread than a troll thread. In this thread, we all learned something about race relations. Namely that aini is afraid of all black people because they (apparently) want to rape her.

Quote from: Cramulus on November 04, 2009, 02:39:55 AM
Thread:     SO, ARAFELIS: Trying to stir shit?
Starring: Arafelis
Length: 53 pages
Link: http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=21100.0
Notes: I actually have no recollection of what this is about but it's 53 fucking pages long.

Thread: Pointless drama, hysteria and self-righteous whinging thread.
Starring: Daruko
Length: 28 pages
Link: http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=16332.0
Notes: This is a split from some other thread. Actually it may be several splits. So it's a bit disjointed to read, but you do get some classic daruko spirals.

Quote from: Cramulus on November 04, 2009, 02:43:04 AM
Thread: Attn: TGRR, Nigel, and Faust?
Starring: Daruko
Length: 36 pages
Link: http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=17135.0
Notes: IIRC - Daruko dropped an imagebomb, we discussed banning him, and then all sort of hilarity ensued

Quote from: Cramulus on November 04, 2009, 05:05:18 PM
Quote from: P3nT4gR4m on November 04, 2009, 03:08:48 PM
Thread:     Extract of DK fail thread.
Starring: Dead Kennedy
Length: 24 pages
Link: http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=19893.msg658009#msg658009

yo, this was like tag team idiocy.  DK really is a pro. There were multiple waves of people who dropped into that thread, debated with him for a while, then threw their hands up in the air out of frustration and left the thread. Then the next wave would come in. DK managed to keep up with all of it, frustrating and nauseating everybody that interacted with him. It really is persistence that made him such an excellent troll. And that he'd produce a wall of text each time you replied to him.

Quote from: That One Guy on November 04, 2009, 03:11:22 PM
Don't forget the Taboo Soup thread from Lamanite! It was the combo of the BIP thread and the Taboo Soup thread that really made Lamanite one of our all-star trolls.

Quote from: Pterodactyl Handler on November 04, 2009, 06:56:14 PM
Thread:     BREAKING NEWS: Pterodactyls
Starring: Pterodactyl Handler X
Length: six pages of pure win
Link: http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=13263.msg421666#msg421666
Notes: The Pterodactyl Handler, PD's evil supervillain, appears from time to time and makes outrageous demands of the wretched forumites which inhabit this wretched forum. If they fail to comply, he bumps ancient threads of suck and fail, or otherwise ravages and terrorizes Apple Talk. Bikaaaw!

Quote from: Slanket the Destroyer on November 05, 2009, 05:15:53 PM

Thread:     (random links)
Starring: Slanket the Destroyer
Length: 287 pages
Link: http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=6621.0
Notes: Some jackass came to the forum one day and started crapspamming links.

AFK

If we were voting on the individuals it would be AKK.  His nuttery spread to multiple threads.  However, I think the Lamanite/BIP thread was the lulziest when looking it purely on the thread level. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Messier Undertree

As far as I am concerned, nothing has ever surpassed AKK's thread. I just love how everyone was okay with him until realising how annoying he was being and calling him on it, which lead to him shitting all over the forum for months, with that thread at the centre of it all.

I mean, a few of those other "troll threads" were more like general shitfests and arguments than deliberate trolls, maybe with the exception of Lamanite. I don't think aini meant to turn the entire forum against her, for example. I wouldn't even call Daruko and Dead Kennedy trolls, they just whined a lot. I feel like AKK knew exactly what he was doing, especially near the end, and we were all falling for it. Even after inventing the pledge just for him, we went on replying to his troll posts. I hope he isn't reading this though, because if there was one thing we saw in AKK that was definitely a real part of him, it was his massive ego and I don't want him to take it as an invitation to come back. And anyway, I think he is pretty 4chan-ish now, judging from his forum, so he's probably not nearly as funny now as he was back then.

The Good Reverend Roger

After long reflection, I had to choose IANAR's "fascist" thread over AKK.

Tough choice.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cramulus

What was so great about AKK was that at first, it really was fail, but he gradually turned the tables on us. It's a good lesson for all of us that once someone's intent is to annoy, wasting our time with ANY sort of reply is really just giving them what they want. It's the classic PD.com paradox though -- what if we want to be annoyed?  :lol:

I'm not entirely sure DK wasn't intentionally stirring the hive of hornets, he seemed to have a lot of experience doing this before, (remember the ED page on him?) albeit usually on the defensive. Sort of like IANAR, it seemed like he was compelled to post and couldn't keep himself from doing it.

The first IANAR thread was lulzy for that same unintentional reason. The second thread seemed sharper, like people knew what they were getting into in advance, and knew to hold it at arm's length. I do recall it being another one of those threads where I walked away from the computer and came back five minutes later to see the thread had grown by four pages.

Daruko had the same thing going - his threads were funny for sort of sad reasons. The reason they kept going was because the kid showed a little promise now and then, it made people care just enough to reply. There was hope that this would just be a rocky period before he came full circle --- but in the end, there was no other side to that circle.

The Lamanite's "just call me nigger" thread is a really strong contender, because he was really trying to troll us, and failed. Well I guess there was a 28 page thread, so it was a victory in some sense, but he failed to get us to show a really depraved and racist side he was searching for. In the end, it was very clear who was trolling whom.

I haven't cast my vote yet, still thinking about it.

Cramulus

oh man, I'm skimming through the [Daruko] "pointless drama  & whinging" thread (that title gets me every time), and there are such great lulz in here

like around page 8-10, Daruko is accusing Cain of deleting his posts. Cain links to the posts he thinks were deleted and posts a screenshot of the blank moderation log. Then Daruko accuses somebody of deleting a PM he thought TGRR sent him, in which TGRR allegedly threatens him. But of course, cannot find it. it's just straight paranoia.

Then he switches gears and posts this diatribe at TGRR.

eventually it becomes the "Let's save the n00bs from TGRR" ramble, which prompted him to make this excellent blog post. If you remember - that's when we started the Bunker to protect ourselves from the shrapnel when Daruko blows up the forum.

That One Guy

It was definitely a tough choice for me between IANAR, AKK and the Taboo Soup Lamanite thread. In the end, though, I had to go with AKK, because he really BELIEVED he was that awesome, right at all times, and deserved to be considered the coolest human being alive.

IANAR had that same level of conviction, but that thread to me was too much of a looping, repetitive mess, with everything going back to Assburgers in seemingly every post. With AKK, you had all SORTS of fail, from Luke claiming he had legally changed his name to AKK (hahaha ... no), to the whole nazis/military/fascism glorification posts, to the music promotion (and massive ego based on how "good" he thought he was at music). He gave a little bit of everything in that thread, from conviction with earnest intent to intentional trolling to the "social experiment" defense to us coining the "pledge" due to him just keeping at it from every angle no matter WHAT was thrown back in his face.

With Lamanite, the fact that he was really, blatantly trying to troll everyone came through, and we all took it and ran with it, although the Taboo Soup thread had some of what seemed like legitimate Lamanite philosophy/opinions and was IMO a better trolling thread than the more blatant BIP/Niger thread. 
People of the United States! We are Unitarian Jihad! We can strike without warning. Pockets of reasonableness and harmony will appear as if from nowhere! Nice people will run the government again! There will be coffee and cookies in the Gandhi Room after the revolution.

Arguing with a Unitarian Universalist is like mud wrestling a pig. Pretty soon you realize the pig likes it.

Cramulus

Quote from: Ambassador KAOS
The nature of the multiverse is to be centered on all possibilities yet exist without dimension.

Quote from: Thurnez Isa on April 10, 2007, 07:11:16 PM

The Good Reverend Roger

Re-reading "Attn: TGRR, Nigel, and Faust? (Daruko)" has once again made me hate a few people.

:)
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Wizard

I just read the Pterodactyl Handler. That was a work of demented genius. Makes me want to become a supervillain.
Insanity we trust.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cait M. R.

I'd like to nominate this thread for making us READ THIS SHIT.

:argh!:

I know more than I ever wanted to about the stupidity of humans now.

Roaring Biscuit!

AKK, i wasn't even here for that and it is literally amazing.

Also his myspace is probably one of the funniest things I have ever seen.

East Coast Hustle

I voted for IANAR's rant about internet fascism, but it was a close thing between that and "Taboo Soup".
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Requia ☣

'BIP - Just call me nigger to my face."

That thread was so damned funny it nearly got me fired.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.