Roger, you have your little yellow pills, I have sleep deprivation...

Started by ., November 10, 2009, 04:38:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I'm at a standstill where I can actually write.Creativity is oozing out of my ears. I believe its called sleep deprivation but I can't be too sure... My waking world and dream world lapse as they have in the past and I just can't quite pinpoint the exact moment it does so. Its not to the point where it becomes an actual problem... like when you wake up and realize you have just walked into the kitchen and were about to walk out the door having donned your jacket and slippers, or like when you wake up screaming about spiders at some point in the night and don't remember. Its not like those. Its a point where things are too surreal... almost more of a "did that really just happen to me?" Mundane activities seem like fleeting images out of the car window when your going about 80+ mph. And you get that same dread in the pit of your stomach that you get when the car starts shuddering next to a semi truck.It just seems that its always there breathing down the back of my neck... I feel like I'm in some horrible psychedelic free for all at times. Things happening so fast that its hard to keep track of who has come in and left, or what has happened in the moments before. Perhaps its a chemical imbalance keeping me from perceiving time and space at a rational rate or its just me being strange... I rather like it like this and would not change it for the world.

The Good Reverend Roger

Problem is, the euphoria passes, and the agony of sleep deprivation begins.

It's like owning a kitten.   At first it's cool as hell, but you eventually have to make an oven mitt out of it.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 10, 2009, 07:20:18 PM

It's like owning a kitten.   At first it's cool as hell, but you eventually have to make an oven mitt out of it.

This is true. Then you find that your sleep deprivation has turned into a bad trip like that scene in "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" when he took too much of that one drug and was seeing tits coming out the back of his attorney. Yeah, its something to that effect.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: NiveKRayne on November 10, 2009, 10:05:56 PM

This is true. Then you find that your sleep deprivation has turned into a bad trip like that scene in "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" when he took too much of that one drug and was seeing tits coming out the back of his attorney. Yeah, its something to that effect.

No, that's the fun part.  Later, it gets painful.  Literally.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 10, 2009, 10:07:13 PM

I never did care much for the bad trip part. Attempting to read Morse code off the walls was pretty much the breaking point for me.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: NiveKRayne on November 10, 2009, 10:23:27 PM

I never did care much for the bad trip part. Attempting to read Morse code off the walls was pretty much the breaking point for me.

You kids just don't know how to rock n roll, these days.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 10, 2009, 10:31:10 PM
Quote from: NiveKRayne on November 10, 2009, 10:23:27 PM

You kids just don't know how to rock n roll, these days.

So you've stated.  :lulz: