News:

That line from the father's song in Mary Poppins, where he's going on about how nothing can go wrong, in Britain in 1910.  That's about the point I realized the boy was gonna die in a trench.

Main Menu

The Tobin Tax is going to get fucked up, I can just tell...

Started by Cain, November 10, 2009, 10:14:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KopyKat253

I never claimed that he was an american. I was making a point based on the fact that he's getting shit from our politicians which is probably because they don't want this idea to catch on over on our side of the pond.

QuoteDespite furious opposition from bank lobbyists and criticism from the United States, Canada and Russia

ITT the mob (the cabbage, the sheep, just pick one) didn't really care about the biggest swindle ever because despite the huge amount of money, it only happened to a small aristocratic sample.
Keep It Simple Stupid
Write for the masses. Don't use to many big words.
The mob doesn't like lexicographers.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: KopyKat253 on November 10, 2009, 04:15:32 PM
I never claimed that he was an american. <other shit I didn't bother to read>

Oh, bullshit.  You owned the fuck out of yourself.  Deal with it.   :lulz:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

Quote from: KopyKat253 on November 10, 2009, 04:15:32 PM
I never claimed that he was an american. I was making a point based on the fact that he's getting shit from our politicians which is probably because they don't want this idea to catch on over on our side of the pond.

QuoteDespite furious opposition from bank lobbyists and criticism from the United States, Canada and Russia

ITT the mob (the cabbage, the sheep, just pick one) didn't really care about the biggest swindle ever because despite the huge amount of money, it only happened to a small aristocratic sample.

KopyKat253

IMO the world has grown mostly into a single economic entity and what happens there affects us and vise versa where our actions can impact their attempts.
Keep It Simple Stupid

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: KopyKat253 on November 10, 2009, 04:26:51 PM
IMO

But your opinion is uninformed and useless, so why would anyone care?

I mean, if someone wanted the opinion of someone who thinks Gordon Brown is an American politician, they could just mosey on down to the local loser bar and listen to the informed opinion of other Glenn Beck fans such as yourself.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

KopyKat253

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 10, 2009, 04:32:39 PM
IMO

I mean, if someone wanted the opinion of someone who thinks Gordon Brown is an American politician, they could just mosey on down to the local loser bar and listen to the informed opinion of other Glenn Beck fans such as yourself.

That hurts my feelings Rog. I've never watched his show, read his book, nor do I know anything about his political standing.
Keep It Simple Stupid

Cait M. R.

Quote from: KopyKat253 on November 10, 2009, 05:07:13 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 10, 2009, 04:32:39 PM
IMO

That hurts my feelings Rog. I've never watched his show, read his book, nor do I know anything about his political standing.

It's yours. That's all you need to know.

Precious Moments Zalgo

Quote from: Cain on November 10, 2009, 03:51:00 PMYou assume three incorrect things:

That politicians have the same interests as the public
That people are more powerful than corporations
That Brown is American, apparently
We all live in America.

You people in Englandistan or whatever should also call your senators and representatives.
I will answer ANY prayer for $39.95.*

*Unfortunately, I cannot give refunds in the event that the answer is no.

Shai Hulud

Quote from: Pastor-Mullah Zappathruster on November 12, 2009, 02:49:34 AM

You people in Englandistan or whatever should also call your senators and representatives.

Isn't Englandistan a theocracy?

KopyKat253

Quote from: Pastor-Mullah Zappathruster on November 12, 2009, 02:49:34 AM
Quote from: Cain on November 10, 2009, 03:51:00 PMYou assume three incorrect things:

That politicians have the same interests as the public
That people are more powerful than corporations
That Brown is American, apparently
We all live in America.

I have. They don't listen to me because I live in a horribly god fearing misinformed society who don't listen to me. I also didn't vote for McConnel, OR McKain, but this state did...

KopyKat,
Kentucky just plain fails
Keep It Simple Stupid