News:

There are no innocents, only the squeamish and the aroused.

Main Menu

23ae

Started by Cramulus, November 11, 2009, 02:46:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I kind of like the idea of exalting TGRR as a god. That will reinforce the idea that many n00bs have that he is our Leader™. Then it will be extra-funny when we're all, "WTF dipshit, that was a joke".
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Wizard

Fair enough. Tell me what I can do.
Insanity we trust.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Dr. James Semaj on November 11, 2009, 08:50:53 PM
Fair enough. Tell me what I can do.

Go write something interesting/insightful/funny.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Wizard

I'll give it a shot.
Insanity we trust.

Da6s

Quote from: Cramulus on November 11, 2009, 02:46:17 PM

It is, in my estimation, the most popular "Discordian" blog. It gets tons of hits from random Discordians who are not currently connected to this Discordian Society. When I was a young pinealist, I read every single goddamn thing on 23ae. It houses some good material, and a lot of fluff. It's where I first met Ratatosk, Broken AI, Dr Jon Swabey, The Other Anonymous, and the infamous Rev. Uncle BadTouch.

I actually used to frequent the site years ago. I really liked the biweekly(maybe? can't remember) podcasts they were doing for a while.

Podcasts stopped, and i stopped checking the site.
We appear to be doomed by our DNA to repeat the same destructive behaviors our forebears have repeated for millenia. If anything our problem solving skills have actually diminished with the advent of technology & our ubiquitous modern conveniences. & yet despite our predisposition towards fear-driven hostility; towards what we anachronistically term primitive behavior another instinct is just as firmly encoded in our make-up. We are capable as our ancestors were of incredible breathtaking acts of kindness. Every hour of every day a man risks his life at a moments notice to save another. Forget for a moment the belligerent benevolent billionaires who grant the unfortunate a crumb of costfree cake. I speak of pure acts of selflessness. A Mother who rushes into the street to save a child from a speeding vehicle. A person who runs into a burning building to reach a family trapped on the upper story. Such actions,such moments,such unconscious selfless decisions,define what it is to be human

Iason Ouabache

Oh, what the hell. I'm in. Maybe it will get me out of the writer's block I've had over the last couple of weeks.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Chief Uwachiquen

I'd help in any way I could if you'd want me. I personally never even saw the site before. I did some digging around the internet for a while and talked to a friend and fellow dischordian who got me into this whole thing in the first place. But mainly it was the Principia Dischordia and The Black Iron Prison as well as the BIP wiki-type thing. I unfortunately was dumb and didn't realize you guys fucking wrote the BIP until after I got here.  :facepalm:

At any rate, I'd love to help out in any way I can. Just let me know what I can do to help.

AFK

I'll be a cheerleader.  For whatever that's worth. 

RWHN,
time-starved
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Cramulus

okay, so

everybody that's interested in this project:

write up a post!

Doesn't have to be long.

I'd like to suggest the two possible types of posts:

-Documenting the existence of the Discordian Society - there's precious little quotable data about real life Discordians doing antics. If you've had a Discordian adventure, whether it's online or in meatspace, write about it. If you belong to a cabal, tell us about it.

-Spreading "newer" Discordian ideas. Pick a topic which seems to have originated from this disgusting soup known as peedy dotcom and write it up. Could be a little sermon about the KYFMS rule, some horrormirth images, MS Paint creations, takes on the news, rants, parables, diatribes, etc etc etc. It's okay to repost-recycle material from this board - even if you're not the one who originally wrote it.

What do you think - We should aim at putting up one or two articles per week?

Let me know if you need help getting an account at 23ae.

this is a GOLDEN APPLE SEED MISSION, so if you do this, Eris will grant you bonus oral sex in the Afterlife.

Cain

I need an account.  I can't see anywhere to sign up.

Cramulus

I made you an account - check your PM for details

Nigel and TOA have posts up already! Way to go, guys!

Cain

hooplala

I'm interested too.  I have been thinking I needed to get back more fully into Discordian projects, so the timing is perfect.

I think I used to have an account there, I wonder if it still works?

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

hooplala

Hm, no, according to them I never had an account.  Which is strange, I could have sworn I posted shit on there in the past...

Cram, can ya hook a brother up?
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Quote from: Cain on November 12, 2009, 02:58:40 PM
I need an account.  I can't see anywhere to sign up.
Ditto.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.