News:

PD.com: Taoism in a clown costume.

Main Menu

23ae

Started by Cramulus, November 11, 2009, 02:46:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on November 12, 2009, 02:58:40 PM
I need an account.  I can't see anywhere to sign up.

That's why I never signed up when I found the place.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Remington

I'll sign up for it too. Can has account please?
Is it plugged in?

The Good Reverend Roger

I don't understand why you'd have a forum that people can't sign up for, unless it's a private thing, and the whole idea here is to attract newcomers.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I think the idea was that it was supposed to be a blog. Not a forum. So people have to get added to the blog's contributor list, and the way to do that is to ask one of the admins, such as Cram.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on November 12, 2009, 07:57:59 PM
I think the idea was that it was supposed to be a blog. Not a forum. So people have to get added to the blog's contributor list, and the way to do that is to ask one of the admins, such as Cram.

I was wondering about that.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Originally there was no 'account' ANYONE could post anything... and then the spam and the BS started... so accounts became "Email PMC and he'll set you up"... I don't think there was ever a interface for creating an account.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Doctor Rat Bastard on November 12, 2009, 07:59:40 PM
Originally there was no 'account' ANYONE could post anything... and then the spam and the BS started... so accounts became "Email PMC and he'll set you up"... I don't think there was ever a interface for creating an account.

Okay.

Cram, if you want some rants, set up me the bomb.

My rant gland is itching, but I'm not going to violate the strike.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Remington

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 12, 2009, 08:00:33 PM

Okay.

Perhaps you could build a stockpile? Have a rant-buffer?
Is it plugged in?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Sir Remington III on November 12, 2009, 08:03:56 PM

Okay.

I have a real hard time writing rants in anything other than "real time", so to speak.

Remington

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 12, 2009, 08:05:32 PM

Okay.

I have a real hard time writing rants in anything other than "real time", so to speak.
Mkay. What about screaming them out to random passing motorists? Drive-by Enlightenment, if you will.
Is it plugged in?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Sir Remington III on November 12, 2009, 08:07:38 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 12, 2009, 08:05:32 PM

Okay.

Mkay. What about screaming them out to random passing motorists? Drive-by Enlightenment, if you will.

As Richter and Nigel can attest, I already do that.

It's not the same. :(

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Remington

Quote from: Nigel on November 12, 2009, 08:19:51 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 12, 2009, 08:03:22 PM
Quote from: Nigel on November 12, 2009, 08:02:55 PM
"Rant gland"  :lulz:

It's right next to my hate duct.

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:
You know, below the stomach and to the left a bit. It's kind of small, reddish-black, and smells faintly like napalm.
Is it plugged in?