News:

It's funny how the position for boot-licking is so close to the one used for curb-stomping.

Main Menu

23ae

Started by Cramulus, November 11, 2009, 02:46:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chief Uwachiquen

Nigel, I'm not mentioning it to rip on you, I loved your post on 23ae but this:

QuoteWhat's a little metal discord?

Conjured up two mental images. All of the metal bands squabbling amongst themselves about who was the most metal or what constitutes real metal. Or a black fiery chariot drawn by mechanical horses sailing across the world putting up various dischordian propaganda in their wake. Either way, it was pretty fucking metal:lulz:

Again, not being a dick, just commenting that it made me grin.

Cramulus

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on November 13, 2009, 06:30:24 AM
Dumb question: Why is there no RSS feed for the site?

it's on the bottom left of the TOC.

I do not have access to the site layout and couldn't tinker with it if I wanted to.

If someone is interested in redesigning it, we could try writing to Prince Mu Chao - I wager there's a good chance he'd let someone screw with it / install a new one.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on November 13, 2009, 01:18:33 AM
but the way you guys are acting I sort've expect to be excommunicated as a heretic.

Excommunicate yourself, ya lazy bastard.  That's what the rest of us had to do.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Chief Uwachiquen on November 13, 2009, 07:53:48 AM
Nigel, I'm not mentioning it to rip on you, I loved your post on 23ae but this:

QuoteWhat's a little metal discord?

Conjured up two mental images. All of the metal bands squabbling amongst themselves about who was the most metal or what constitutes real metal. Or a black fiery chariot drawn by mechanical horses sailing across the world putting up various dischordian propaganda in their wake. Either way, it was pretty fucking metal:lulz:

Again, not being a dick, just commenting that it made me grin.

AWWW DAMMMIT, TYPO! :crankey:

But the mental image is great.  :lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Dimocritus

I'm down. I don't necessarily need an account, but if any of the flyers/posters I've made are deemed good enough to get posted there, you're more than welcome to post them. If you do, and you wouldn't mind giving me a shout-out or something, that'd be cool.
HOUSE OF GABCab ~ "caecus plumbum caecus"

Cramulus

okay okay okay okay okay

so as of this morning, 23ae is down.

WHY you ask?

Professor Mu Chao and I have been talking about wordpress, and I think I've sold him on the idea. I believe he's laying the groundwork now!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cramulus on November 23, 2009, 05:30:32 PM
okay okay okay okay okay

so as of this morning, 23ae is down.

WHY you ask?

Professor Mu Chao and I have been talking about wordpress, and I think I've sold him on the idea. I believe he's laying the groundwork now!

Dang.  I was only waiting for Enki to get it out of his system.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Cain

Wordpress is a good idea.

Not the best, but you could do a lot worse.

Cramulus

I'll be sad if we lose the ability to link directly to the HUNDREDS of posts already at the site

but I'll be real glad to get a new skin on that bitch!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cramulus on November 23, 2009, 06:11:07 PM
I'll be sad if we lose the ability to link directly to the HUNDREDS of posts already at the site

but I'll be real glad to get a new skin on that bitch!

So long as you lose the "5 posts til the graveyard" deal.

Because I am NOT willing to spew a rant and then have it buried under 30 of Enki's "I MADE A POST" posts.

TGRR,
Remembers what he did to RFD.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

For the record, I have yet to make a single post.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Enki v. 2.0 on November 23, 2009, 09:10:41 PM
For the record, I have yet to make a single post.

Yeah, I figured you were waiting to bury someone else's shit.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

I dunno. The top five posts all appear to be from PDers.

But, if you like, I can wait for you to post and then spam six or seven copies of your post over it. I think that might make you happy.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Enki v. 2.0 on November 23, 2009, 09:14:38 PM
I dunno. The top five posts all appear to be from PDers.

But, if you like, I can wait for you to post and then spam six or seven copies of your post over it. I think that might make you happy.

It's the kind of thing you'll do anyway.

Rococo Modem Basilisk