News:

If words could really hurt you, this forum would be one huge abbatoir.

Main Menu

23ae

Started by Cramulus, November 11, 2009, 02:46:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Hoopla on December 14, 2009, 11:10:47 PM
I feel like I'm staring at my own bowel movement.

In Arizona, that's a sport.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Jenne

Cain

No, fmypoop.com

QuoteTook a dump today.  I saw blood.  FMP

Payne

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

OK wait, what do I have to do to post on the new 23ae? I was going to post some stuff but I can't.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cramulus

The site was taken down, eviscerated, and relaunched. Everybody's gotta get new logins.

hit me with a username and e-mail address, and I'll set up yuo!

Cramulus

Hey guys!

One thing that would really help out 23ae right now is if people *cough cough* read it and commented on it.

we're getting some random hate from random posters, and it's a shame that in some cases, those are the only comments for those entries.

It'd be totally fucking awesome if people could do two things:

-make comments to drown out the trolls
-help find more readers for 23ae

I'm trying not to feed the trolls

Cramulus

:lulz: big mittens to payne and cain who immediately posted new entries!

I also want to draw people's attention to http://23ae.com/downloads/ - if anybody with some art skills wants to design 23ae wallpaper, sigs, banners, etc, hit me up and we'll feature them there.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cramulus on January 10, 2010, 03:16:52 PM
Hey guys!

One thing that would really help out 23ae right now is if people *cough cough* read it and commented on it.

we're getting some random hate from random posters, and it's a shame that in some cases, those are the only comments for those entries.

Ban the trolls.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 10, 2010, 03:45:50 PM
Quote from: Cramulus on January 10, 2010, 03:16:52 PM
Hey guys!

Ban the trolls.

23AE has a tradition of banning no one....
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

MMIX

Since you have to get a permission slip from your mother in order to join in the fun that is hardly surprising . . .
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Cramulus

Quote from: MMIX on January 11, 2010, 04:06:26 PM
Since you have to get a permission slip from your mother in order to join in the fun that is hardly surprising . . .

you need an account (available on request) in order to post blog entries.

you don't need an account to post snarky comments.

Quote from: Doctor Rat Bastard on January 11, 2010, 04:03:53 PM

yeah but traditions are made to be broken.  8)

anyway, I was really tempted by banning some people, but Payne set me straight. If I start banning people who post hate, I'll have to ban everybody that isn't a hippie.

there may be a time when order must be imposed, but for now, let's just try to drown out the trolls with better comments.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cramulus on January 11, 2010, 04:19:32 PM
Quote from: MMIX on January 11, 2010, 04:06:26 PM

you need an account (available on request) in order to post blog entries.

you don't need an account to post snarky comments.

Quote from: Doctor Rat Bastard on January 11, 2010, 04:03:53 PM

yeah but traditions are made to be broken.  8)

anyway, I was really tempted by banning some people, but Payne set me straight. If I start banning people who post hate, I'll have to ban everybody that isn't a hippie.

there may be a time when order must be imposed, but for now, let's just try to drown out the trolls with better comments.

On the other hand, Cram, it's no fun posting when the comments are ALL hate from 2-3 user names that post nothing BUT hate.

2-3 troll accounts plus Uncle BadTouch and his crew (I don't suggest banning them, of course, hate them though I might) aren't exactly incentives for new people to join, or for ranting.

Cramulus

I totally hear you! We've got 20+ authors and only 7 of them have more than 1 post. The comments are probably a contributing factor.

Cain tried pushing back a little bit - we shall see how said parties respond. Like I said, I'm not above bringing out the banstick. Some Discordians only want to troll other Discordians. I guess that's legal, but it's a waste of everybody's energy. That energy is hard enough to harness and focus without it getting "friendly fire'.

and now that I think about it, I can think of two people who have been banned from 23ae in the past. One for comment spam, the other for imagebombing.

Cain

Yeah, I'll be interested to see how he responds to my comments.  I think he in particular only gets away with it because 23ae is filled with hippie types, who don't push back as hard as they should.

Anyway, his response will give us an idea of how to go foward, so all is good.