News:

You're miserable, edgy and tired. You're in the perfect mood for PD.com.

Main Menu

"Are things okay in The Wasteland?"

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, November 11, 2009, 03:56:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Richter on March 08, 2010, 07:45:27 PM
Quote from: LMNO on March 08, 2010, 07:34:36 PM
Maybe I need some more info, but from what I got from Freeky's post, the boys from Grant Road seem like some gay boys who won't let much stop them from having a good time.  They figured out who they were, saw that the world around them wasn't like that, and said, "fuck it.  Let's go."

Sounds to me like some of the people I've met in Provincetown during the Halloween Bear Fest.  In a way, some of the most Honest and Real people I've ever met.  Funny as hell, too.  These fags have looked both death and derision straight in the eye, and then poked it. 

HoMoes.

Nail on the head, sir.

You've perfectly described people I know, who I mean only respect to when I dub them "Glorious Faggot".  
(Ex: Nate the Great.  Former bicycle messenger, quick wit, and the only person I've met who could keep up with my old espresso habit.)

I've met examples of all persuasions, once I clued it it.  They were just some of the first I noticed it in.  They're comfortable in their own skin.  Hell, they're beyond comfortable, they're having a REALLY good time just being THEM.  Hillarious manic enthusiasm for any oportunity whn "I can be ME with STYLE."  Near as I can figure, this is how to do it RIGHT.    

Yes.  I am certain to get a bad (worse) reputation from hanging with these guys, but what the fuck?  Go for broke.

Dok,
Knows Cram was right.
Molon Lube

Jenne

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 08, 2010, 07:44:01 PM
Quote from: LMNO on March 08, 2010, 07:41:15 PM
ANCHORS AND TETHERS!

Yeah, hadn't thought of that, that way.

I've thought more and more this way the older I get and the more scary shit happens to me.  If fuckers can't deal with it or the way *I* deal with it, off with their heads--I mean, to hell with them.

fogukaup

Yo Rog,
I don't know you but my asshole wanted to let you know that being so close to your demon is a divine place that few can ever occupy. Sure, it drags in the chaos, but after all that's what you live for. Who wants an entourage of people who "understand"?  Who wants to simply be "understood"? A few close companions are invaluable in this life, especially when you have a magnetic personality that allures shit rags and knowers alike.  Don't take yourself too seriously, because both the rabbit hole and the wasteland are the most depressing and hilarious joke we can ever know.  Swing dance with your demon.
My anti-social "disorder" also suffocates me with a crowd of soulless shells who chip off little pieces of me in hopes that they can feel alive.  I know the alienation and Its definitely maddening. I felt like I was listening to myself when reading your post.  I agree with everyone else of course, FUCK those people, but also continue to have fun with them. They're mere pennies to be gambled and why not piss off or confuse some of them?  Your will is strong, so strong that it's magnetic. The bitches will always sniff you out and start chipping no matter where you hide.  We all need escapes and I've found that the pursuit of wisdom is a reliable sanctuary. I'm young still trying to figure out what the hell is going on, and I don't doubt that will change. But I have figured out that I love sounds and I want to dedicate my pathetic existence to understanding the phenomena and physics of wave spectra.  Maybe there is something like that for you that you can cling to when the social world boxes you in and presses their cowardly faces against the glass.  Throw your poop at those people.
Some of you may know, I was brainwashed by the Jehovahs for most of my childhood, so I apologize for my preachy style of writing.  I'm definitely not trying to school ya.
hang in there homie. Knowing is hard.

Dysfunctional Cunt

I restate my original comment. FUCK THOSE STUPID IDIOTS.

Also echoing Kai and Jenne, your calls are the high point of my week as well and in my stupid fucked up life you will never know just how much the laughter, advice and shoulder that you give means to me!

the last yatto

Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 11, 2009, 04:49:23 PM
Quote from: Richter on November 11, 2009, 04:43:49 PM
I like your example of folks who want a crying rag, then nothing else to do with you, Roger.  Those folks are just faces to me, work, home, or street, and should only get a by - the - book, "It's someone else's problem to fix" answer.  Not to say I only help out or act charitable to folks who can reciprocate, I just refuse to waste resources on folks who wouldn't even if they could.  They're just pits for emotion, resource, or time, so far as I can tell.

Yep.  I think I'm going to erase half of my phone settings, change my hangouts, and start all over again.  Find a new crowd, new people to talk to.

Some of those few friends of mine are broke as fuck.  I have zero problem occasionally throwing some tobacco or booze or chow their way, because they are even happy to see me when I don't do those things.  I honestly like them, and I only worry that they may feel embarrassed when I do those things.  They shouldn't.  I ENJOY doing nice things for my friends, it gives me a level of gratification that ALMOST offsets the letdown I get from others who act as you describe.

Bear in mind that the people I was talking about here were Kim and Von Melee.   :lulz:

Dok,
Sucker.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Incidentally, I have for the most part returned to my people, and things are much better now.
Molon Lube

LMNO

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Doktor Alphapance on September 29, 2010, 06:08:29 PM
Glad to hear it?

Thanks.  They may all be perverts and violent criminals, but they're better people than the ones I hung out with over the last couple of years.
Molon Lube

Richter

Wouldn't say you were a sucker.  They seemed like fun folks for awhile there.  Almost a distinct point where they gave that up to be shitheads, though.  

Did Evil Roomie ever go bad?  Hope she doesn't have to deal with their BS.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Richter on September 29, 2010, 06:16:04 PM
Wouldn't say you were a sucker.  They seemed like fun folks for awhile there.  Almost a distinct point where they gave that up to be shitheads, though.  

Did Evil Roomie ever go bad?  Hope she doesn't have to deal with their BS.

Kim was a good person, if a little damaged.  Von Melee never was, and has successfully turned Kim into trash.  Evil Roomie is still Evil Roomie, as far as I know, but I don't have any contact with her anymore.
Molon Lube

Richter

I blame the pills.  Too many easy outs just jumping out of the bottle "Soceror's Apprentice" like and shoving themselves down throats.  Dear shit, it must have looked like big pharma bukkake some days.   

People, from time to time need to be amputated.  Still sucks though.   
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Richter on September 29, 2010, 06:47:44 PM
I blame the pills.  Too many easy outs just jumping out of the bottle "Soceror's Apprentice" like and shoving themselves down throats.  Dear shit, it must have looked like big pharma bukkake some days.   

People, from time to time need to be amputated.  Still sucks though.   

Yep.  It got to the point where Von Melee would go to the doctor with made up complaints, so that DES would give him more barbituates, etc, that he'd cheerfully hand over to Kim, who basically lobotomized herself with.

I don't miss either one of them, but I do miss who she used to be.
Molon Lube

Richter

Richter

This is a downer.  Calls for a certain something to lift the spirits

I beleive after work I will get my hair a quarterly weedwhacking, pop my collar, and drive Federal hill swearing at people in Italian.  I need to be able to feel the fall air on my scalp.