News:

PD.com: "a rather irritating form of hermetic terrorism".

Main Menu

"Are things okay in The Wasteland?"

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, November 11, 2009, 03:56:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on November 11, 2009, 04:46:38 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 11, 2009, 04:36:59 PM
Quote from: Lysergic on November 11, 2009, 04:31:16 PM
I suppose, the thing that sort of comes to mind is, "You're not wanted, but god fucking damn it, you're needed,

That's the problem, Lys, you've hit it right on the head.  I no longer have any interest in addressing the needs of people who don't want me, if you catch my drift.

Y'know, if you look at it one way, giving people what they need but don't want is one step closer to martyrdom; and really, fuck that.

On the other hand, FUCKING JAMMING WHAT PEOPLE NEED DOWN THEIR FUCKING THROATS, WHETHER THEY WANT IT OR NOT can be considered to be Fun, for a certain value of "fun".

Yeah, there's that.  But that's more fun with strangers.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Squid on November 11, 2009, 04:50:14 PM
You know, forgive what I'm about to say, but Rog..

you sound like someone who would fit right in and make friends easily in Florida.

Now, now, I know what you're thinking. "How dare you say such a horrible thing you insufferable woman!" but believe it or not there are actually some quite interesting people here hidden within the pool of stupid and ignorance.
We could use a few more gems.

S'all I'm sayin.

Thanks to you and Suu for the suggestions, but I'm kind of stuck here while the kids finish school.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

LMNO

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 11, 2009, 04:51:07 PM
I suppose, the thing that sort of comes to mind is, "You're not wanted, but god fucking damn it, you're needed,

That's the problem, Lys, you've hit it right on the head.  I no longer have any interest in addressing the needs of people who don't want me, if you catch my drift.

Y'know, if you look at it one way, giving people what they need but don't want is one step closer to martyrdom; and really, fuck that.

On the other hand, FUCKING JAMMING WHAT PEOPLE NEED DOWN THEIR FUCKING THROATS, WHETHER THEY WANT IT OR NOT can be considered to be Fun, for a certain value of "fun".

Yeah, there's that.  But that's more fun with strangers.

Then my suggestion is to take all the people who take you for granted, and make them Stranger(s).

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Khara on November 11, 2009, 04:50:56 PM
FUCK those people.  You don't need them and if they need you well then they should have fucking thought of that before they fucked it all up.  Screw them and the horse they rode in on.  

This is excellent advice, and I shall take it.  Thank you, Khara.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on November 11, 2009, 04:52:23 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 11, 2009, 04:51:07 PM

Yeah, there's that.  But that's more fun with strangers.

Then my suggestion is to take all the people who take you for granted, and make them Stranger(s).

In progress.

Vaudeville Vigilante

I can really identify with  some of your rant.  For me personally, I think the solution is to go out and hit the road soon.  
I need some adventure in my life.  I need to remember what it's like to have FUN.  I need to breathe some clean uncontaminated air.

Last night I stopped my car on my way home from work, just off the interstate, and I just started walking.   I don't know why.  It just seemed like the thing to do at the time.  I ended up encountering a homeless traveler out walking himself.  His name was Bill.  Said he's been traveling the "routes" for 36 years, showed me where all the other homeless travelers can be found in this area, we smoked, found a place to pitch tent, fired up a can full of isopropyl alcohol 91% to warm up his tent, he showed me a few other survival tricks, and we just told stories for hours.  At the end of the night, we parted as friends, and I know we'll meet again.  I got the vibe.

Bill told me he wouldn't live his life any other way.  He told society and the social rules and superficial games to fuck off decades ago.  Winters are cold when he's stuck up north for too long, but other than that, he gets by on karma and sheer guts.  

Maybe Bill's full of shit.  I'm sure there are plenty of days he wishes for some of the comforts I enjoy.  But just as I torment over and fantasize about leaving this godforsaken stale shitpile of a society, I imagine Bill deals with his own demons, the ones that tell him to come back over to the "socially acceptable" side.  I don't think it matters what you do, but whatever it is that's compelling you, whatever is hungry inside you, I feel like you gotta go out and FEED it.  

Especially you.

You're too damn old and wise to be fucking around with your time.  Fuck any worthless shitbag that wastes your time, and fuck anyone that treats you like an evening sitcom.  You'll figure out what you need to do, and when the deed has got doing, just you remember who it was that saw you through.  

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Vaudeville Vigilante on November 11, 2009, 05:16:39 PM
Fuck any worthless shitbag that wastes your time, and fuck anyone that treats you like an evening sitcom.  

Yes.  Thanks.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

<toughlove>

Goddess Damn It

You know what pisses me off? You talk about the miserable bits of reality... focus on the Wasteland and the flunkies and monkeys and the shit and the hate...

Now you say "Why am I covered in shit and hate and why don't people like to be around me?"

What The Fuck?

If you LIKE being TGRR the Angry Rain God of Shit and Hate, then be that... but Like it... Really Like It... LIKE THE FUCK OUT OF IT. If you don't like people avoiding you, if you don't like dealing in the shithate, THEN STOP. Claiming that's who you are and you can't change is a Whiny Bullshit Excuse that one expects from a Pink, not from a fucking Rain God. If you can't change you, then what the fuck are any of us doing? We all might as well have a lead lunch and end it now.

If things aren't ok in the Wasteland... leave the fucking Wasteland. You're not stuck there... you aren't forced by anyone to be TGRR... and if people say "Oh we need your hateshit..." FUCK THEM. If they can't shit their own hate, you can't do it for them. The value of shitting hate, as you taught me... is that it gets it OUT of the person doing the shitting. The fools that want to vicariously shit hate through you are nothing more than stool parasites. There's nothing wrong with being the God of Shitting Your Hate, if that is what you want to be then embrace it. If its isn't what you want... THEN STOP!

Eris and Dobbs don't need martyrs, that other asshole deity has the market cornered. They need Angry Rain Gods, or at the very least TGRR's... however HE chooses to interact with this poor excuse for reality.

</toughlove>
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Doctor Rat Bastard on November 11, 2009, 05:25:40 PM
<toughlove>

Thanks, Dr Phil.  Given what you pulled in the other thread, I'm afraid I didn't bother reading the rest.  It was probably just "spouting off", anyway, right?

TGRR,
Is taking some advice, and not making time for assholes.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 11, 2009, 05:34:13 PM
<toughlove>

Thanks, Dr Phil.  Given what you pulled in the other thread, I'm afraid I didn't bother reading the rest.  It was probably just "spouting off", anyway, right?

TGRR,

What? What did I pull in the other thread?

Lies

<toughlove>

Goddess Damn It

You know what pisses me off? You talk about the miserable bits of reality... focus on the Wasteland and the flunkies and monkeys and the shit and the hate...

Now you say "Why am I covered in shit and hate and why don't people like to be around me?"

What The Fuck?

If you LIKE being TGRR the Angry Rain God of Shit and Hate, then be that... but Like it... Really Like It... LIKE THE FUCK OUT OF IT. If you don't like people avoiding you, if you don't like dealing in the shithate, THEN STOP. Claiming that's who you are and you can't change is a Whiny Bullshit Excuse that one expects from a Pink, not from a fucking Rain God. If you can't change you, then what the fuck are any of us doing? We all might as well have a lead lunch and end it now.

If things aren't ok in the Wasteland... leave the fucking Wasteland. You're not stuck there... you aren't forced by anyone to be TGRR... and if people say "Oh we need your hateshit..." FUCK THEM. If they can't shit their own hate, you can't do it for them. The value of shitting hate, as you taught me... is that it gets it OUT of the person doing the shitting. The fools that want to vicariously shit hate through you are nothing more than stool parasites. There's nothing wrong with being the God of Shitting Your Hate, if that is what you want to be then embrace it. If its isn't what you want... THEN STOP!

Eris and Dobbs don't need martyrs, that other asshole deity has the market cornered. They need Angry Rain Gods, or at the very least TGRR's... however HE chooses to interact with this poor excuse for reality.

</toughlove>
Hey Rat, I like you, but I did cringe when seeing this, and from what I saw before, not that I disagree with you, but you should probably shut the fuck up for a while.
- So the New World Order does not actually exist?
- Oh it exists, and how!
Ask the slaves whose labour built the White House;
Ask the slaves of today tied down to sweatshops and brothels to escape hunger;
Ask most women, second class citizens, in a pervasive rape culture;
Ask the non-human creatures who inhabit the planet:
whales, bears, frogs, tuna, bees, slaughtered farm animals;
Ask the natives of the Americas and Australia on whose land
you live today, on whose graves your factories, farms and neighbourhoods stand;
ask any of them this, ask them if the New World Order is true;
they'll tell you plainly: the New World Order... is you!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Doctor Rat Bastard on November 11, 2009, 05:37:43 PM
<toughlove>

TGRR,

Other than deliberately misquoting me, then implying that because I disagree with you, I was only "spouting off"?

Nothing.

Vaudeville Vigilante

I don't think that's what this is really about.  The rant didn't convey to me the attitude of "why me?" or "why this?"  

For me, it felt more like "FUCK this".  

Which, although often "fuck this" comes out at the worst times, what happens after arriving at that point is sometimes profoundly fucking beautiful.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Vaudeville Vigilante on November 11, 2009, 05:55:07 PM

I don't think that's what this is really about.  The rant didn't convey to me the attitude of "why me?" or "why this?"  

For me, it felt more like "FUCK this".  

Which, although often "fuck this" comes out at the worst times, what happens after arriving at that point is sometimes profoundly fucking beautiful.

The problem with voicing a gripe is that a certain type of person will automatically assume you're going all emo instead of just being angry.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 11, 2009, 05:48:45 PM
Quote from: Doctor Rat Bastard on November 11, 2009, 05:37:43 PM
<toughlove>

TGRR,

Other than deliberately misquoting me, then implying that because I disagree with you, I was only "spouting off"?

Nothing.

Holy fuck I forgot about your delicate sensibilities. I thought it was fuckin' obvious that I was intentionally misquoting you since your post was like two comments back... I meant it to be funny.

And yes, your comments on Magic, ritual etc are spouting off... Have you experimented with it? Have you done any study? Have you experienced it?

If not, then you speak from a position of ignorance... AKA SPOUTING OFF.