News:

Testamonial:  And i have actually gone to a bar and had a bouncer try to start a fight with me on the way in. I broke his teeth out of his fucking mouth and put his face through a passenger side window of a car.

Guess thats what the Internet was build for, pussy motherfuckers taking shit in safety...

Main Menu

"Are things okay in The Wasteland?"

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, November 11, 2009, 03:56:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Doctor Rat Bastard on November 11, 2009, 05:59:30 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 11, 2009, 05:48:45 PM
Quote from: Doctor Rat Bastard on November 11, 2009, 05:37:43 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 11, 2009, 05:34:13 PM
Quote from: Doctor Rat Bastard on November 11, 2009, 05:25:40 PM
<toughlove>

Thanks, Dr Phil.  Given what you pulled in the other thread, I'm afraid I didn't bother reading the rest.  It was probably just "spouting off", anyway, right?

TGRR,
Is taking some advice, and not making time for assholes.

What? What did I pull in the other thread?

Other than deliberately misquoting me, then implying that because I disagree with you, I was only "spouting off"?

Nothing.

Holy fuck I forgot about your delicate sensibilities. I thought it was fuckin' obvious that I was intentionally misquoting you since your post was like two comments back... I meant it to be funny.

And yes, your comments on Magic, ritual etc are spouting off... Have you experimented with it? Have you done any study? Have you experienced it?

If not, then you speak from a position of ignorance... AKA SPOUTING OFF.

Okay.  Thank you for your time.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

<toughlove>

Thanks, Dr Phil.  Given what you pulled in the other thread, I'm afraid I didn't bother reading the rest.  It was probably just "spouting off", anyway, right?

TGRR,

Other than deliberately misquoting me, then implying that because I disagree with you, I was only "spouting off"?

Nothing.

Holy fuck I forgot about your delicate sensibilities. I thought it was fuckin' obvious that I was intentionally misquoting you since your post was like two comments back... I meant it to be funny.

And yes, your comments on Magic, ritual etc are spouting off... Have you experimented with it? Have you done any study? Have you experienced it?

Fuck magic, Rat. Have you done everything in your life that Roger has done? Do you have any opinions on it? On drug running or thuggery or parenting or law enforcement or Big Oil? Maybe what you need to do is stop being so fucking oversensitive about magic and realize that it's just one little thing that you like and some people don't, like tinned fish or cheeseburgers. Fuck it. It's NOT FUCKING IMPORTANT. It's certainly not important enough to try to cram down people's throats and alienate them over.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

I have also never attempted to sneak into peoples' houses and leave money in exchange for teeth left under pillows.

Ergo, I am required to believe in or at least never state an opinion on the tooth fairy.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Nigel on November 11, 2009, 06:12:04 PM
<toughlove>

Thanks, Dr Phil.  Given what you pulled in the other thread, I'm afraid I didn't bother reading the rest.  It was probably just "spouting off", anyway, right?

TGRR,

Nothing.

Fuck magic, Rat. Have you done everything in your life that Roger has done? Do you have any opinions on it? On drug running or thuggery or parenting or law enforcement or Big Oil? Maybe what you need to do is stop being so fucking oversensitive about magic and realize that it's just one little thing that you like and some people don't, like tinned fish or cheeseburgers. Fuck it. It's NOT FUCKING IMPORTANT. It's certainly not important enough to try to cram down people's throats and alienate them over.

Nigel, I think, if you look at the thread in question... that no one was cramming magic down anyone's throat... but Roger decided to post and ram "its all bullshit" down everyone's throat.

I haven't had TGRR's experiences... and so I wouldn't say if they were real, not real, good or bad. what the fuck?

I don't require TGRR to believe or not believe anything... but I don't think that means I got to sit by let him shit on a thread and not comment on the topic. I made a comment that was MEANT to be funny... TGRR said that 'sigils were like circles and tarot'... he meant they were all bullshit. I quote that bit because I meant they were all psychological. I MEANT IT TO BE FUNNY.

TGRR, since you were offended, I would like to apologize. I did not intend for ANYONE to believe that you endorsed magic. I thought the comment was obvious, apparently I was wrong... I certainly didn't mean to piss you off.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Doctor Rat Bastard on November 11, 2009, 06:20:17 PM
<toughlove>

TGRR,

Nothing.

Nigel, I think, if you look at the thread in question... that no one was cramming magic down anyone's throat... but Roger decided to post and ram "its all bullshit" down everyone's throat.

I haven't had TGRR's experiences... and so I wouldn't say if they were real, not real, good or bad. what the fuck?

I don't require TGRR to believe or not believe anything... but I don't think that means I got to sit by let him shit on a thread and not comment on the topic. I made a comment that was MEANT to be funny... TGRR said that 'sigils were like circles and tarot'... he meant they were all bullshit. I quote that bit because I meant they were all psychological. I MEANT IT TO BE FUNNY.

TGRR, since you were offended, I would like to apologize. I did not intend for ANYONE to believe that you endorsed magic. I thought the comment was obvious, apparently I was wrong... I certainly didn't mean to piss you off.

Okay.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Roger, I can hardy speak from a position of authority when it comes to getting out of the rabbit hole. Nonetheless, as someone with a great deal of experience down there, I'm going to give you my opinion.

You have been going through some SHIT. Some major life changes. Divorce, heart attacks, full-time custody of your kids, and remembering a horrific incident that left you with PTSD are not minor life adjustments; each of them is a huge fucking deal. You did what you had to do, and at the same time, inside, you went a little insane. Or a lot insane.

Dealing with this kind of stress (and mind you, it is stress... some of the biggest stress people have to handle) tends to make people a little difficult to deal with. By which I mean, virtually intolerable to almost any sane person. My therapist, years ago, advised me that dealing with my PTSD would probably result in divorce, because it apparently causes such major personality shifts that relationships rarely survive. She was right.

You have multiple, massive stresses that you are dealing with all at once. At first, like any normal human being, you dealt with it by pretending everything was OK. That works for a while, but eventually you have to go into it to deal with it... down the rabbit hole... and you essentially lose your fucking mind. For a while. Sometimes for years. You lose your mind, you alienate people, sometimes people who love you deeply can't fucking deal with you because it's making  them lose their minds as well. It's too deep down there, and too dark, and other people can't go with you. But you can't just turn around and come back out, because you have to fill in that hole. The only way to fill it in is to go all the way down and look at everything that made the hole in the first place, and go crazy and look at the crazy, live it, be in it until it stops making you crazy. And eventually it does stop, and the hole gets a little shallower just my that increment, by the measure of that one memory that your mind no longer shies from.

And you gain compassion for yourself, for your past self and your present self and even for the crazy self that alienates your friends. And incrementally, you become less crazy, and your rabbit hole becomes shallower, and you emerge out of it slowly, shaking your head, blinking, and you find a new normal that is not the normal you used to be. It's better. Weirder, maybe, and stronger, wiser, and more compassionate not only toward those around you, but more importantly, toward yourself.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on November 11, 2009, 06:24:34 PM
Roger, I can hardy speak from a position of authority when it comes to getting out of the rabbit hole. Nonetheless, as someone with a great deal of experience down there, I'm going to give you my opinion.

You have been going through some SHIT. Some major life changes. Divorce, heart attacks, full-time custody of your kids, and remembering a horrific incident that left you with PTSD are not minor life adjustments; each of them is a huge fucking deal. You did what you had to do, and at the same time, inside, you went a little insane. Or a lot insane.

Dealing with this kind of stress (and mind you, it is stress... some of the biggest stress people have to handle) tends to make people a little difficult to deal with. By which I mean, virtually intolerable to almost any sane person. My therapist, years ago, advised me that dealing with my PTSD would probably result in divorce, because it apparently causes such major personality shifts that relationships rarely survive. She was right.

You have multiple, massive stresses that you are dealing with all at once. At first, like any normal human being, you dealt with it by pretending everything was OK. That works for a while, but eventually you have to go into it to deal with it... down the rabbit hole... and you essentially lose your fucking mind. For a while. Sometimes for years. You lose your mind, you alienate people, sometimes people who love you deeply can't fucking deal with you because it's making  them lose their minds as well. It's too deep down there, and too dark, and other people can't go with you. But you can't just turn around and come back out, because you have to fill in that hole. The only way to fill it in is to go all the way down and look at everything that made the hole in the first place, and go crazy and look at the crazy, live it, be in it until it stops making you crazy. And eventually it does stop, and the hole gets a little shallower just my that increment, by the measure of that one memory that your mind no longer shies from.

And you gain compassion for yourself, for your past self and your present self and even for the crazy self that alienates your friends. And incrementally, you become less crazy, and your rabbit hole becomes shallower, and you emerge out of it slowly, shaking your head, blinking, and you find a new normal that is not the normal you used to be. It's better. Weirder, maybe, and stronger, wiser, and more compassionate not only toward those around you, but more importantly, toward yourself.

Gonna print that out.  Thanks.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

<toughlove>

TGRR,

Nothing.

So what? You posted about the shit in a public thread, and someone who thinks it's all bullshit (which it is, if you're not into it) said so. And then you got all butthurt about it and had to defend it.

So the fuck what if Roger thinks it's bullshit. How is that ramming anything down anyone's throat? He thinks Libertarianism and Anarchy are bullshit too. So the fuck what.

Put on your big girl panties and deal with it. Some of the things we like, other people believe are stupid. You can either get assburnt and defend your stupid shit, or you can go find a board where people agree with you and discuss it there.

I swear to fucking god. It's like the fibromyalgia thread on the glass board. Now people are getting butthurt because some of the bead ladies are talking about hypochondriacs. Well, you know what ladies? TAKE THAT SHIT TO A FIBRO SUPPORT BOARD.

Same fucking thing with talking about magic here. Why not go to a Satanist board and start talking Jesus? Why not go to GLP and start talking Liberalism? Oh wait, that would be trolling? Well, guess what, dumbfuck.

The Good Reverend Roger

Sad thing is, GLP wasn't always a right wing nutjob board.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 11, 2009, 06:25:45 PM
Quote from: Nigel on November 11, 2009, 06:24:34 PM

Gonna print that out.  Thanks.

:)

Roger,
We appreciate everything you do for us and we try to pay you back in the biggest of ways we can muster. You come over and swill coffee with us, bring us the latest news of the day or week depending on when you've come over. We really do enjoy your presence as a person not just a sitcom. We LIKE having you meet all our friends because your fucking awesome. AWESOME. One day the tables will turn and we'll be able to do more nice things that you have done for us. We all like you for you, not just your funny stories. Goddamn, I sound like some kids show telling you to be you and if they don't like it well dammit they can all fuck off for the sake of fucking off. Those assholes that can't deal with you as a person aren't really people, they are just shells of people who let themselves die on the inside because they weren't strong enough to stand out and be what they really wanted to be. Keep in mind that your just living out life as you see fit, with minor lumps that come up of course, but dammit, Roger, you're fucking awesome.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: NiveKRayne on November 11, 2009, 06:56:13 PM
Roger,
We appreciate everything you do for us and we try to pay you back in the biggest of ways we can muster. You come over and swill coffee with us, bring us the latest news of the day or week depending on when you've come over. We really do enjoy your presence as a person not just a sitcom. We LIKE having you meet all our friends because your fucking awesome. AWESOME. One day the tables will turn and we'll be able to do more nice things that you have done for us. We all like you for you, not just your funny stories. Goddamn, I sound like some kids show telling you to be you and if they don't like it well dammit they can all fuck off for the sake of fucking off. Those assholes that can't deal with you as a person aren't really people, they are just shells of people who let themselves die on the inside because they weren't strong enough to stand out and be what they really wanted to be. Keep in mind that your just living out life as you see fit, with minor lumps that come up of course, but dammit, Roger, you're fucking awesome.

Thanks, Nivek.   :oops:  Also, those thousands of files didn't hurt a thing, so don't sweat it, ya dig?

I feel like doing something grotesque this weekend.  You guys in?

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 11, 2009, 06:24:30 PM

Okay.

Good. If you ever think I'm trying to manipulate something you stated in an underhanded way, please PM me and I will immediately fix/apologize/edit to make it clear. I'll be fixing the post in question when I'm done with this one.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 11, 2009, 06:59:24 PM
Roger,

Thanks, Nivek.   :oops:  Also, those thousands of files didn't hurt a thing, so don't sweat it, ya dig?

Grotesque? Hmm, lemme see what's on the schedule for this weekend.. *opens day planner* well we can probably work you in...  :lulz:

We're always game for something grotesque. :D

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: NiveKRayne on November 11, 2009, 07:08:25 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 11, 2009, 06:59:24 PM
Roger,

Grotesque? Hmm, lemme see what's on the schedule for this weekend.. *opens day planner* well we can probably work you in...  :lulz:

We're always game for something grotesque. :D

GREAT!  I have Monday off, and I'm thinking we need some churchifying on Sunday.

TGRR,
Thinks we really, really need to go to church.