News:

No, we're not mercenaries. We just carry weapons and kill things for the joy of the experience.

Main Menu

"Are things okay in The Wasteland?"

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, November 11, 2009, 03:56:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Payne on March 08, 2010, 07:06:46 PM
I never read this thread the first time round.

All I gots to say is that I like having Roger around the forum and in IRC. It is a deep pain to me when he is not here (or there. (In IRC).)

And yes, it's partly because he is necessary. But I want him around too.

Herr Doktor: Thank you for all you do.

:oops:

Now I feel bad for bitching.
Molon Lube

LMNO

Ah, but we have been given The Cure®, no?

Go, and stuff your stethoscope and speculum where needed most.

Payne

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 08, 2010, 07:07:15 PM
Quote from: Payne on March 08, 2010, 07:06:46 PM
I never read this thread the first time round.

All I gots to say is that I like having Roger around the forum and in IRC. It is a deep pain to me when he is not here (or there. (In IRC).)

And yes, it's partly because he is necessary. But I want him around too.

Herr Doktor: Thank you for all you do.

:oops:

Now I feel bad for bitching.

No no no. I get it man, I really do.

I got a friend down in Edinburgh. Fuckin' solid guy, does anything for his friends and I mean ANYTHING. Yet no one comes over and shares in his magnanimity. And every time I'm down there, he gets depressed cause I'm the only guy who comes and visits on a regular basis. I have to take a god damn train down to see him and chill out for a while, where all these fuckers, these so called "Friends" never come over unless they need him for something.

Fuck that, I visit him cause I want to and cause he wants me to and because we have fun.

I'm going down on Thursday for a couple weeks. On Friday I guarantee he and I will be drunk, trolling artists, art exhibitors and art collectors.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO on March 08, 2010, 07:13:08 PM

Yeah, well, instead I'm gonna hang out with perverts (Cram was right, by the way), and the "friends" that dumped me when I was ill can find someone else to rant for them/stick up for them/give a fuck about their existence.

And I have The Pink Glove™ for the freaks I have to live around.  It's no more than they deserve.
Molon Lube

Jenne

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 08, 2010, 07:16:04 PM

Yeah, well, instead I'm gonna hang out with perverts (Cram was right, by the way), and the "friends" that dumped me when I was ill can find someone else to rant for them/stick up for them/give a fuck about their existence.

And I have The Pink Glove™ for the freaks I have to live around.  It's no more than they deserve.

Who dumped you when you were ill?  I'll kill a motherfucker!  :crankey:

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Payne on March 08, 2010, 07:14:11 PM
I have to take a god damn train down to see him and chill out for a while, where all these fuckers, these so called "Friends" never come over unless they need him for something.

I know how that goes.

And then when something goes wrong, they shut you down and don't even know you.

You and your friend should induce penance on these other "friends" of his.  You are, after all, a Holy Man™.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Jenne on March 08, 2010, 07:18:06 PM

And I have The Pink Glove™ for the freaks I have to live around.  It's no more than they deserve.

A surprising number of people.  While in some cases I am still on polite terms with individuals, I certainly won't be going out on a limb for them ever again.

There's nothing quite like having "friends" blatantly disown you.

I am in fact better off with the boys from Grant Road.
Molon Lube

Jenne

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 08, 2010, 07:20:33 PM

A surprising number of people.  While in some cases I am still on polite terms with individuals, I certainly won't be going out on a limb for them ever again.

I think they must've done you a favor, then.  Because the sooner you dump the ballast that weighs you down in life, the better.  Life's too short, Man.  Dead weight must be heaved overboard.

Also, what Kai said about your phone calls goes triply for me.  I suck at catching your calls because of my failphoneservice, but otherwise, they're the highlight of my week when I do.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Jenne on March 08, 2010, 07:23:57 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 08, 2010, 07:20:33 PM

I think they must've done you a favor, then.  Because the sooner you dump the ballast that weighs you down in life, the better.  Life's too short, Man.  Dead weight must be heaved overboard.

Also, what Kai said about your phone calls goes triply for me.  I suck at catching your calls because of my failphoneservice, but otherwise, they're the highlight of my week when I do.

Thanks.  Just about of the individuals I'm talking about are local.  In fact, most of the original monster-ass Cabal.  Out of the entire crowd, only Nurse Mayhem's crew and one or two others will still associate with me.

The rest have decided that I'm too unstable or scary or some shit like that, even though most of them haven't seen me since before I was ill.  It became fashionable.  One or two have been particularly malicious about it, both in their actions towards me and in the gossip sense.

The worst part is, before Nurse Mayhem and Maria said anything about it, I thought the paranoia was coming back, know what I mean?  Fortunately, I'm not the only one seeing it, and those two said something about it before I mentioned the problem.
Molon Lube

LMNO

Maybe I need some more info, but from what I got from Freeky's post, the boys from Grant Road seem like some gay boys who won't let much stop them from having a good time.  They figured out who they were, saw that the world around them wasn't like that, and said, "fuck it.  Let's go."

Sounds to me like some of the people I've met in Provincetown during the Halloween Bear Fest.  In a way, some of the most Honest and Real people I've ever met.  Funny as hell, too.  These fags have looked both death and derision straight in the eye, and then poked it. 

HoMoes.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO on March 08, 2010, 07:34:36 PM
Maybe I need some more info, but from what I got from Freeky's post, the boys from Grant Road seem like some gay boys who won't let much stop them from having a good time.  They figured out who they were, saw that the world around them wasn't like that, and said, "fuck it.  Let's go."

They're not all gay.  They are, however, perverted in some fashion or another.  Other than that, your assessment is accurate.

Sounds to me like some of the people I've met in Provincetown during the Halloween Bear Fest.  In a way, some of the most Honest and Real people I've ever met.  Funny as hell, too.  These fags have looked both death and derision straight in the eye, and then poked it. 

Yep.

HoMoes.

YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!
Molon Lube

Jenne

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 08, 2010, 07:29:59 PM

Thanks.  Just about of the individuals I'm talking about are local.  In fact, most of the original monster-ass Cabal.  Out of the entire crowd, only Nurse Mayhem's crew and one or two others will still associate with me.

The rest have decided that I'm too unstable or scary or some shit like that, even though most of them haven't seen me since before I was ill.  It became fashionable.  One or two have been particularly malicious about it, both in their actions towards me and in the gossip sense.

The worst part is, before Nurse Mayhem and Maria said anything about it, I thought the paranoia was coming back, know what I mean?  Fortunately, I'm not the only one seeing it, and those two said something about it before I mentioned the problem.

Yup.  Ballast alright.  Fuck 'em.

LMNO

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Richter

HoMoes.

Nail on the head, sir.

You've perfectly described people I know, who I mean only respect to when I dub them "Glorious Faggot".  
(Ex: Nate the Great.  Former bicycle messenger, quick wit, and the only person I've met who could keep up with my old espresso habit.)

I've met examples of all persuasions, once I clued it it.  They were just some of the first I noticed it in.  They're comfortable in their own skin.  Hell, they're beyond comfortable, they're having a REALLY good time just being THEM.  Hillarious manic enthusiasm for any oportunity whn "I can be ME with STYLE."  Near as I can figure, this is how to do it RIGHT.    
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat