News:

Hand drawn by monkeys in sweat-shop conditions.

Main Menu

Freaking awesome hot buttered rum mix

Started by ., November 12, 2009, 06:07:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob-o

soon i will be acquiring some Captain Morgan... i think that i must try this.

BOB-O
"the use of fasteners is to be next to godliness" - R.H.Howes

LMNO

Richter

SAILOR JERRY'S
GOSLING
CRUZAN

OR GTFO.

Quote from: NiveKRayne on November 12, 2009, 06:07:29 AM
Made this amazing hot buttered rum mix for anyone interested in it.

Ingredients

* 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
    * 2 cups light brown sugar
    * 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    * 1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
    * Pinch ground cloves
    * Pinch salt
    * Bottle dark rum
    * Boiling water

Directions

In a bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and salt. Refrigerate until almost firm. Spoon about 2 tablespoons of the butter mixture into 12 small mugs. Pour about 3 ounces of rum into each mug (filling about halfway). Top with boiling water (to fill the remaining half), stir well, and serve immediately.

I managed to make it with salted butter just fine and it tasted the same. I also used Sailor Jerry's rum.  Lemme know what you guys think.

When you used the salted butter, I'm guessing you omitted the salt?
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

bob-o

sailor jerry = cheap captain morgan

BTW, i quote captain morgan : "original spiced rum - puerto rican rum with spice and other natural flavors".

so FUCK YOU!  :lulz:

i'm gonna make this shit and it's going to be kickass, whether you want to argue about captain morgan or not...

BOB-O
"the use of fasteners is to be next to godliness" - R.H.Howes

If you need dark rum to cook with, I'd suggest Meyers.
Sailor Jerries has a higher alchohol content than most liquor, being 45% if I remember correctly.
Captain Morgan is 35%, it has a lower alchohol content than most liquor.

Triple Zero

We had Cpt Morgan at DoD09. It makes for a great "Angry Hippie" (on-the-spot invention by dumping it into a cup of chai tea)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Jenne

Quote from: Z³ on December 17, 2009, 01:01:33 AM
Sailor Jerries has a higher alchohol content than most liquor, being 45% if I remember correctly.

Z3, knows some good fuckin' rum.  *love teh Meyers*

Quote from: Richter on December 15, 2009, 06:45:03 PM
SAILOR JERRY'S
GOSLING
CRUZAN

OR GTFO.

Quote from: NiveKRayne on November 12, 2009, 06:07:29 AM
Made this amazing hot buttered rum mix for anyone interested in it.

Ingredients

* 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
    * 2 cups light brown sugar
    * 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    * 1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
    * Pinch ground cloves
    * Pinch salt
    * Bottle dark rum
    * Boiling water

Directions

In a bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and salt. Refrigerate until almost firm. Spoon about 2 tablespoons of the butter mixture into 12 small mugs. Pour about 3 ounces of rum into each mug (filling about halfway). Top with boiling water (to fill the remaining half), stir well, and serve immediately.

I managed to make it with salted butter just fine and it tasted the same. I also used Sailor Jerry's rum.  Lemme know what you guys think.

When you used the salted butter, I'm guessing you omitted the salt?

Yeah I omitted the salt.

Suu

GOSLINGS BLACK OR CRUZAN BLACKSTRAP. D/N/T.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Quote from: Suu on December 18, 2009, 02:29:51 PM

GOSLINGS BLACK OR CRUZAN BLACKSTRAP. D/N/T.

The blackstrap is ok, I dont usually like Cruzan but that one is ok.
not sure about goslings, though.

Jenne

also, I wouldn't put Meyers in anything too razzle dazzle, I would drink it as it's meant to be drunk--neat or over ice, perhaps with a BIT of soda.

Eater of Clowns

I made the basic mix yesterday, haven't made hot buttered rum with it yet but it was good when stirred around in my oatmeal.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Quote from: The Omnipotent Grinner on December 18, 2009, 08:26:33 PM
I made the basic mix yesterday, haven't made hot buttered rum with it yet but it was good when stirred around in my oatmeal.

Its still tasty done as a virgin drink as well. The rum just adds a little bit of kick to it. I was just eating the mix by itself in little spoonfuls lol.

Richter

Just made the proper mix, we all approve.  I am also being a cynical rum'ed bastard.

Thanks N.!
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Chief Uwachiquen

Quote from: Triple Zero on December 17, 2009, 12:27:13 PM
We had Cpt Morgan at DoD09. It makes for a great "Angry Hippie" (on-the-spot invention by dumping it into a cup of chai tea)

I am totally trying the buttered rum next month when I can legally purchase alcohol in twenty six days. Also, at some point I am trying the Angry Hippie, because I fucking love Chai. How much Chai/rum did you use, you think? Also, I'm assuming this is while it's still hot, right? And, while I'm asking questions, does it still do that cool thing where the flavor changes drastically as the temperature drops with the rum in there or does the rum numb that? I'm just intrigued by the idea of Chai and Captain Morgan.