News:

PD's body has a way of shutting pro-lifer's down.

Main Menu

Freaking awesome hot buttered rum mix

Started by ., November 12, 2009, 06:07:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Richter on December 20, 2009, 05:40:54 AM
Just made the proper mix, we all approve.  I am also being a cynical rum'ed bastard.

Thanks N.!

Glad you guys like it! This was always one of my favourite holiday drinks. Just about the only thing I looked forward to in the holidays.  :lulz:

Triple Zero

Quote from: Chief Uwachiquen on December 20, 2009, 09:10:34 AM
Quote from: Triple Zero on December 17, 2009, 12:27:13 PM
We had Cpt Morgan at DoD09. It makes for a great "Angry Hippie" (on-the-spot invention by dumping it into a cup of chai tea)

I am totally trying the buttered rum next month when I can legally purchase alcohol in twenty six days. Also, at some point I am trying the Angry Hippie, because I fucking love Chai. How much Chai/rum did you use, you think? Also, I'm assuming this is while it's still hot, right? And, while I'm asking questions, does it still do that cool thing where the flavor changes drastically as the temperature drops with the rum in there or does the rum numb that? I'm just intrigued by the idea of Chai and Captain Morgan.

Basically you are hangover, smoke a blueberry-tobacco joint very early in the morning, take a few sips of Cpt morgan from a flask in a sunny park then you go to the railway station and acquire a biig cup of Chai, while making fun of the signs at the stand (I forgot why, but they were ridiculous) and then you insert a good splash of rum into it.

unless you have somehow convinced yourself you should get it right in one go, you could always taste it and then add more.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Richter

Quote from: NiveKRayne on December 20, 2009, 10:56:18 AM
Just made the proper mix, we all approve.  I am also being a cynical rum'ed bastard.

Thanks N.!

Glad you guys like it! This was always one of my favourite holiday drinks. Just about the only thing I looked forward to in the holidays.  :lulz:

Replacing 1 oz of the rum with a shot of port works too.  Taste like glogg.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Quote from: Richter on December 21, 2009, 12:59:39 PM
Quote from: NiveKRayne on December 20, 2009, 10:56:18 AM

Thanks N.!

Replacing 1 oz of the rum with a shot of port works too.  Taste like glogg.

I'll have to give that a try. that sounds like it would be pretty damn good.

Jenne

Rumckle

Made this for my Japanese friends when we went snowboarding (sans cloves because we didn't have any). We all agree it is fucking awesome.

Thanks NiveK

PS we used Sailor Jerry's Rum, that shit is good.
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

Quote from: Rumckle on December 28, 2009, 04:12:40 AM
Made this for my Japanese friends when we went snowboarding (sans cloves because we didn't have any). We all agree it is fucking awesome.

Thanks NiveK

PS we used Sailor Jerry's Rum, that shit is good.

Glad you liked it. You should try it with the cloves next time you make it, though. Gives it a bit more of a spice bite. Very tasty though.

Richter

I've made many people cups of this, gifted a few batched of teh butter / sugar mix, and everyone loves it. 
Thanks again! :mrgreen:
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Quote from: Richter on January 08, 2010, 06:05:49 PM
I've made many people cups of this, gifted a few batched of teh butter / sugar mix, and everyone loves it. 
Thanks again! :mrgreen:

Awesome! Glad it's a big hit!