News:

All you can say in this site's defence is that it, rather than reality, occupies the warped minds of some of the planet's most twisted people; gods know what they would get up to if it wasn't here.  In these arguably insane times, any lessening or attenuation of madness is maybe something to be thankful for.

Main Menu

Millions of Screaming Yahoos, part 9: The Cheryl update.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, June 23, 2004, 08:01:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

BellaLovesBowzer

What a wonderful dog!

And I'm sooo proud of your little hellion, Cheryl.
Good job, Roger.

Now, I'm really truly going to go to sleep.

Guido Finucci

Quote from: The Good Reverend RogerBud called her a lying bitch, and she got the SWEETEST little smile on her face.  You know THAT ain't good.  She grabbed the tobasco sauce bottle off of the table, opened it, and DRAINED IT ONTO HIS (abraded) DICK.

Sharp, pointy teeth and a mean streak a mile wide. I like her already. At least she ain't bottling it up no more; those emotions of hers are carving some new, deep channels on the way out though...

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: BellaLovesBowzerWhat a wonderful dog!

And I'm sooo proud of your little hellion, Cheryl.
Good job, Roger.

Now, I'm really truly going to go to sleep.

My little warrior princess is turning out better than I dreamed.

It's almost scary.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Guido Finucci
Quote from: The Good Reverend RogerBud called her a lying bitch, and she got the SWEETEST little smile on her face.  You know THAT ain't good.  She grabbed the tobasco sauce bottle off of the table, opened it, and DRAINED IT ONTO HIS (abraded) DICK.

Sharp, pointy teeth and a mean streak a mile wide. I like her already. At least she ain't bottling it up no more; those emotions of hers are carving some new, deep channels on the way out though...

A lifetime of abuse and being put down will make a far, far worse beast than my demented mind can fathom.

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

*snifs*

Beautiful story. I winced at the tobasco part too, but heh...the fucker deserved it. So I am satisfied.

Way to go, Bowzer!

We should canonize that dawg.
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: St. Hugh, KSC*snifs*

Beautiful story. I winced at the tobasco part too, but heh...the fucker deserved it. So I am satisfied.

Way to go, Bowzer!

We should canonize that dawg.

Saint Bowzer.  I like it.

Trollax

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger

A lifetime of abuse and being put down will make a far, far worse beast than my demented mind can fathom.

What you're saying that you weren't? I'm starting to wonder what I've got in store behind all my prefrontal shelves.

Trollax

It also gives me a profound hope for Kira, and makes me wonder how similar we might end up being...  :twisted:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: St. Trollax, ODD

What you're saying that you weren't? I'm starting to wonder what I've got in store behind all my prefrontal shelves.

Naw.  I actually had a great childhood.  Good parents, the whole works.  Maybe that's my problem.  They taught me to think, and to hate injustice.

Guido Finucci

Quote from: The Good Reverend RogerThey taught me to think, and to hate injustice.

And how to charge capacitors, apparently.  :)

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: St. Trollax, ODDIt also gives me a profound hope for Kira, and makes me wonder how similar we might end up being...  :twisted:

Moral support can work wonders.  The main thing is not to let the person in question start looking to you for all the answers...better to teach them HOW to think, not WHAT to think.

The Good Reverend isn't ANYONE'S messiah.  Not even Cheryl's.  I just gave her a chance...that's usually all you need to do.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Good Reverend RogerThey taught me to think, and to hate injustice.

Naw.  I learned that in the Army.

My folks are both scientists.  Biochemists and programmers don't DO capacitors.

Trollax

I was born smart and encouraged to pursue my talents but I had to teach myself to think. It is a really sobering experience to wake up one day and feel that terrible black knot in the pit of your stomach. Knowing that as much as you love and respect your parents, you eclipse the both of them and they're not the reason why.

I envy you Roger

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: St. Trollax, ODD

I was born smart and encouraged to pursue my talents but I had to teach myself to think. It is a really sobering experience to wake up one day and feel that terrible black knot in the pit of your stomach. Knowing that as much as you love and respect your parents, you eclipse the both of them and they're not the reason why.

I envy you Roger

If only your modesty wasn't holding you back...:D

Heh.  Kids are SUPPOSED to eclipse their parents.  It's what every parent (at least any worth the name) DREAMS of.

Children are always smarter than their parents.  Anyone who doubts this is fooling him/herself.