News:

I liked how they introduced her, like "her mother died in an insane asylum thinking she was Queen Victoria" and my thought was, I like where I think this is going. I was not disappointed.

Main Menu

Millions of Screaming Yahoos, part 9: The Cheryl update.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, June 23, 2004, 08:01:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trollax

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger
Quote from: St. Trollax, ODDI was born smart and encouraged to pursue my talents but I had to teach myself to think. It is a really sobering experience to wake up one day and feel that terrible black knot in the pit of your stomach. Knowing that as much as you love and respect your parents, you eclipse the both of them and they're not the reason why.

I envy you Roger

If only your modesty wasn't holding you back...:D

Heh.  Kids are SUPPOSED to eclipse their parents.  It's what every parent (at least any worth the name) DREAMS of.

Children are always smarter than their parents.  Anyone who doubts this is fooling him/herself.

I know I'm supposed to better them. But my mother's brain hates her body. She's always getting psychosomatically trigggered illnesses, and my father is a class a Asshole and moron. My parents were heat-bound paperbacks and hardcovers, More than I was raised I feel I was self-raised, that's what hurts.

Guido Finucci

Quote from: The Good Reverend RogerHeh.  Kids are SUPPOSED to eclipse their parents.  It's what every parent (at least any worth the name) DREAMS of.

Ditto with students and their teachers. 'Tis the way of things. Growth and Entropy, kiddies, Growth and Entropy.

Guido Finucci

Quote from: St. Trollax, ODD...More than I was raised I feel I was self-raised, that's what hurts.

Trollax, at the risk of sounding insensitive, may I suggest that you get over it and start living your life? Even if it is one that your parents can't understand.

I hope that if yuou ever have kids that you raise them well. Not because it is something that "you never had" but because your kids deserve it.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Guido Finucci
Quote from: St. Trollax, ODD...More than I was raised I feel I was self-raised, that's what hurts.

Trollax, at the risk of sounding insensitive, may I suggest that you get over it and start living your life? Even if it is one that your parents can't understand.

I hope that if yuou ever have kids that you raise them well. Not because it is something that "you never had" but because your kids deserve it.

This is the correct answer(s).
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Trollax

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger
Quote from: Guido Finucci

This is the correct answer(s).
I'm not saying I'm not living my life, I'm not saying that I'm paralysed by it. Just that it's a damn shame.

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Yep. It is a shame. But now walk on ahead. If you can't walk on ahead, then go flailing at full speed.
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: St. Hugh, KSCYep. It is a shame. But now walk on ahead. If you can't walk on ahead, then go flailing at full speed.

If you can't move ahead, yank the stems out of the tires of SUVs.

Hey, it's always worked for me.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Trollax

Quote from: St. Hugh, KSCYep. It is a shame. But now walk on ahead. If you can't walk on ahead, then go flailing at full speed.

Why do you think I changed my name?  :)

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Quote from: St. Trollax, ODD

Why do you think I changed my name?  :)

You can work on the flailing. You'd be surprised.
One night while waxing pissed after being outnumbered and mugged, I grabbed my shinai (kendo practice thingy) and went out to wait for the cops to show up. Whilest waiting I was so pissed I ran up the street in a blind rage screaming something I can not to this day remember. It just so happens some poor car-thief was about to pull a job on my block, I didn't see him until almost too late. If it wasn't for the fact that the fucko dropped his shit and ran so fast, he would have been picking bamboo slats out of his skull for weeks. That dude's eyes were fucking wide as dishes. Damn.  

The night progressed. The cops came. No questions asked about the shinai, or the new tools I had recently acquired, BTW. I went home to sleep. Now I practice the full running flail all the time.
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"

bob-o

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!! THAT IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!.... that's soooooo great...
"the use of fasteners is to be next to godliness" - R.H.Howes