Principia Discordia > Discordian Recipes

Home roasted coffee

(1/3) > >>

Sir Squid Diddimus:
So Mr Squid bought some green coffee beans and was researching how to properly roast them. There were all different methods from rotisserie things that go on your grill to air popcorn poppers. He found a simple method that seemed to work for people that we had handy.
LOL a cast iron skillet and a whisk.

So we set the heat to about med-hi and slowly whisked them till they were a medium roast and went from:

to:

in about 10 minutes.
They say your coffee begins to go stale after you roast it and then even faster after you grind it. I like the rustic "home made" look it has.
It smells awful while they're roasting so you have to have your exhaust fan on, but once they're done and you cool them and put them in a plastic bad for a minute the smell is unbelievable.
It's the freshest nicest coffee smell ever.
I haven't ground any and made a cup yet since it's 2:40 in the am. Unless Mr Squid is doing that right now, but I kind of doubt it (I hope not).
but I'll report the flavor after I make a pot.

Bu🤠ns:
:mittens:

I've been meaning to do this for a long time now.

Sir Squid Diddimus:
WOW. That's a good cup of coffee.
I didn't put any cream in it cause I want to see how it stands up by itself, and it's good with and without sugar. It isn't real bitter and it has a low acidity.

You can definitely tell a difference. Next time I may try a darker roast to see if I get get it a little more bold (cause I like my coffee that way) but I'll be damned if this isn't some really good coffee.

The Good Reverend Roger:
Sounds great, but too inefficient for the volume of coffee I need every day.

Sir Squid Diddimus:
roast a big batch the night before then grind it up in the morning and keep it flowing

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version