Testimonial: "It's just honestly sad that a place like this exists"

Main Menu

Richter, are you ready for The Finals™?

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, November 17, 2009, 04:09:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: themeninss on November 17, 2009, 08:22:48 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 17, 2009, 08:19:08 PM
Themeninss, you can't change anyone but yourself.  You can't wake the masses up, and they'll kill you if you try.  Just look at what they did to Gandhi and Jesus and Martin Luther King and Curley.  Get your freak on, don't worry about them.  They'll hardly notice when you leave tire tracks up their collective arses.
i'm not attempting to wake the masses i'm doing exactly as you just stated. i'm doing my thing and letting them wake themselves but sometimes i just wish they'd hurry the fuck up y'know?

Don't hold your breath, kid.  If the masses haven't woken up yet, they aren't going to.  Forget them, and get your fucking monkey on. 

We once thought we could save the monkeys, here at PD, back in the idealistic days (about two weeks back in 2002/2003), but we've learned better since then.  The monkeys that do wake up can find us.  It's no good going looking for them, except for cheap sex and intentionally horrible romances.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Kai

Fuck.

Theres this thing I do. When I get up in the morning, get ready to go in to the university, I'm all set with my computer bag and I step outside of my apartment for a few moments. Maybe its dark still, and the stars are shining brightly, or maybe its pouring down rain, or a glorious orange sunrise. Whatever the sky looks like, I just stand there for a few moments to take it in.

This is a reminder. Yes, fuck you, fuck you loser humans who can't see it, you can all go live in your little cubicles with the wires straight to your brain. This is a reminder to me that I am HUGE, I am MASSIVE, and you can not fucking keep me down. The energy in my body is over 13 billion years old, the molecules in my body at least 5 billion years old, the lineage I head stretching back more than 3.5 billion years. You can't take that shit away from me, I'm just too big for you, too big for your comprehension. I'm just too big and old and SMART. I'm GINORMOUS. Okay? And the morning sky is just a reminder of that. Because when you puny apes look up, you feel so small and weak, but I am huge. And I get IT. And I take IT with me where ever I go. And I sit and identify caddisflies all day long for the sheer pleasure of being able to see those connections and know that 700 million years ago they and I were just little bilateral worms in the ocean.  And so were you.

This is a reminder that today is awesome, that right now, is fucking AWESOME. Again, fuck you losers who can't see it, who would wish for tomorrow, the people who barely notice they are alive, who are barely breathing and thinking, who forget they are eating lunch, replaying dreams they had about American Idol over and over in their heads. Consciousness is wasted on humans.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

LMNO

I think I'm going to start doing this.

Also,

QuoteConsciousness is wasted on humans.

Post of the century.

The Good Reverend Roger

Fuck yes, Kai.  But they won't listen.  They can't.  They've been conditioned, so have we, but something went wrong with us, and it didn't take.  I mean, it's not economical to hunt down every deviant and hammer them into holes, right?  Besides, we make great headlines, occasionally.

Anyway, they CAN'T listen, and they hate you for the fact that you can.  But they're afraid of you, too...never forget that.  They FEAR you because you aren't doing what you're supposed to be doing, and that upsets them on a level that they can't properly analyze.  They were conditioned to ignore the giant elephant in the living room, but they just aren't prepared for the screaming fucking ape in the kitchen.

We are that ape, Kai, and they fear us.  Perhaps it's time to remind them WHY they do.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

themenniss

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 17, 2009, 08:30:02 PM
Quote from: themeninss on November 17, 2009, 08:22:48 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 17, 2009, 08:19:08 PM
Themeninss, you can't change anyone but yourself.  You can't wake the masses up, and they'll kill you if you try.  Just look at what they did to Gandhi and Jesus and Martin Luther King and Curley.  Get your freak on, don't worry about them.  They'll hardly notice when you leave tire tracks up their collective arses.
i'm not attempting to wake the masses i'm doing exactly as you just stated. i'm doing my thing and letting them wake themselves but sometimes i just wish they'd hurry the fuck up y'know?

Don't hold your breath, kid.  If the masses haven't woken up yet, they aren't going to.  Forget them, and get your fucking monkey on. 

We once thought we could save the monkeys, here at PD, back in the idealistic days (about two weeks back in 2002/2003), but we've learned better since then.  The monkeys that do wake up can find us.  It's no good going looking for them, except for cheap sex and intentionally horrible romances.
there are a few out there who share my mindset but not to the same level. Those people i feel are worth working on as there is something to work with. just like a friend of mine gave me a nudge in the right direction i plan to pass it on. as for cheap sex, the price of a johnny and a few hours doesn't sound too bad  :evil:. gotta enjoy the little things. and tbh just because they're asleep, doesn't mean i can't fuck about with their dreamstate. so fuck-it i'll let them sleep on, it's not stopping me having a good time. DREAM ON SLEEPERS!
'I talk aloud to all those who listen. when nobody does, i talk aloud to myself.'

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: themeninss on November 17, 2009, 09:01:23 PM

there are a few out there who share my mindset but not to the same level. Those people i feel are worth working on as there is something to work with. just like a friend of mine gave me a nudge in the right direction i plan to pass it on. as for cheap sex, the price of a johnny and a few hours doesn't sound too bad  :evil:. gotta enjoy the little things. and tbh just because they're asleep, doesn't mean i can't fuck about with their dreamstate. so fuck-it i'll let them sleep on, it's not stopping me having a good time. DREAM ON SLEEPERS!

Meh.  Humans are good for three things: 

1.  Sex, but it's a kink, like bestiality.
2.  Patsies.
3.  Open gear lube for The Machine™.

Leave them to their dreams, for their dreams are small, weak things, mostly having to do with plastic boobs and little paper rectangles used for trade.  Sure, you CAN eat those kind of dreams, but you'll only be hungry an hour later.

Kai

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 17, 2009, 08:57:46 PM
Fuck yes, Kai.  But they won't listen.  They can't.  They've been conditioned, so have we, but something went wrong with us, and it didn't take.  I mean, it's not economical to hunt down every deviant and hammer them into holes, right?  Besides, we make great headlines, occasionally.

Anyway, they CAN'T listen, and they hate you for the fact that you can.  But they're afraid of you, too...never forget that.  They FEAR you because you aren't doing what you're supposed to be doing, and that upsets them on a level that they can't properly analyze.  They were conditioned to ignore the giant elephant in the living room, but they just aren't prepared for the screaming fucking ape in the kitchen.

We are that ape, Kai, and they fear us.  Perhaps it's time to remind them WHY they do.

It doesn't matter that they don't listen, Roger. If they want to waste the precious life they have I can't do anything about that. But they should fear me, oh yes, because I do, my thoughts, my words and actions, they threaten the human world views. They are little and I am BIG. They could be big too if they wanted, but they are so afraid, so very afraid of loosing it and getting IT, because IT is different, and the world views can't abide different.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Kai on November 17, 2009, 09:17:35 PM

It doesn't matter that they don't listen, Roger. If they want to waste the precious life they have I can't do anything about that. But they should fear me, oh yes, because I do, my thoughts, my words and actions, they threaten the human world views. They are little and I am BIG. They could be big too if they wanted, but they are so afraid, so very afraid of loosing it and getting IT, because IT is different, and the world views can't abide different.

Yes, it's too much trouble to be a biped, what with the bills and the traffic and who's minding the fort and what about Little Billy, who's gonna take care of Little Billy while we're out learning how to walk on our hind legs?  Think of the Children™, Kai.  This irresponsible "freedom" you claim to enjoy is only going to set the little darlings up for disappointment when they fail.  That's why we don't bother with achievement anymore, we just tell them that they're special and that self-esteem is given, not earned.  We're all unique in the very same way.

Who are we?

Kai

We're the happy, big people. With jackhammers. And big red straps.

themenniss

'I talk aloud to all those who listen. when nobody does, i talk aloud to myself.'

Cait M. R.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 17, 2009, 09:34:03 PM
Quote from: Kai on November 17, 2009, 09:17:35 PM

Yes, it's too much trouble to be a biped, what with the bills and the traffic and who's minding the fort and what about Little Billy, who's gonna take care of Little Billy while we're out learning how to walk on our hind legs?  Think of the Children™, Kai.  This irresponsible "freedom" you claim to enjoy is only going to set the little darlings up for disappointment when they fail.  That's why we don't bother with achievement anymore, we just tell them that they're special and that self-esteem is given, not earned.  We're all unique in the very same way.

Who are we?

I couldn't tell you who "we" are -- but I can tell you that if I'm a part of any "we," that "we" is not part of them. "Them" is the little bastards eating TV dinners and TV philosophy and TV politics in little trays, free refills included -- sometimes. LED indicators lighting up a cheery green every time they tune in to the latest ghost-man on the television screen, offering spectres of a reality sort of like what everyone lives in but with a few subtle differences. And these people are in a way, miraculous -- they can make that reality into their reality. A rose-tinted transparency on the overhead projector of Everything.

I'm not one of them, Roger. If there is a "we", if there can be a "we", that "we" is not with them.

The Johnny

BY EXCELLING IN THAT WHICH INTERESTS ME

BY ATTEMPTING TO AVOID THE LIMITATIONS OF BEING "PRACTICAL"

BY NOT LETTING OTHERS TELL ME WHAT TO THINK

I AM A DIPLOMAT AN AMBASSADOR OF ERIS AND IM HERE TO PWNS YOU!!!

Edit: Diplomat? wtf was i thinking
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: null & void on November 17, 2009, 09:40:38 PM
I couldn't tell you who "we" are -- but I can tell you that if I'm a part of any "we," that "we" is not part of them. "Them" is the little bastards eating TV dinners and TV philosophy and TV politics in little trays, free refills included -- sometimes. LED indicators lighting up a cheery green every time they tune in to the latest ghost-man on the television screen, offering spectres of a reality sort of like what everyone lives in but with a few subtle differences. And these people are in a way, miraculous -- they can make that reality into their reality. A rose-tinted transparency on the overhead projector of Everything.

I'm not one of them, Roger. If there is a "we", if there can be a "we", that "we" is not with them.

We're the people people.  We're almost like you, but not quite as real.  We make the things that make YOU real.  Like reality television.  Like the finest, newest, whitest supermodels.  Like the newest rap artist, you have to like them, MTV even said so.  Speaking of that, we're the people who brought you TRL.  Nice.  Short.  Interrupted by enthusiastic young pretty people who are just gushing with joy over the 30 seconds of video clip we give you.  We're the people that bring you special reports that tell you what to be really careful about.  We're the smiling face telling you all about the newest pill.  Have you heard about it?  It's purple.

Who are we?

Cait M. R.

That "we" is The People behind "them". The People who made a few trillion artificial suns so we'd never have to see the real thing, and The People who made telepathy machines so we'd never have to meet each other, just have to put those banana-shaped sensors next to our heads. It made things easier for everyone, and it made it easier to fall into the trap of "them". Then Those People made the pundits, the talking heads, the ghost-men with their verbal snake oil. And it's all a trap, you know, because all of it leads right into the cogs you are, no doubt, all too aware of. Those cogs with teeth like mountains and a slow, unhesitating pace. It's important to Those People that things keep going into the cogs, because it keeps them running smoothly. And Those People know that if Cog #594390 ever clicked so much as a nanosecond out of line with Sprocket #57823, it would mean certain d00m.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: null & void on November 17, 2009, 09:53:10 PM
That "we" is The People behind "them". The People who made a few trillion artificial suns so we'd never have to see the real thing, and The People who made telepathy machines so we'd never have to meet each other, just have to put those banana-shaped sensors next to our heads. It made things easier for everyone, and it made it easier to fall into the trap of "them". Then Those People made the pundits, the talking heads, the ghost-men with their verbal snake oil. And it's all a trap, you know, because all of it leads right into the cogs you are, no doubt, all too aware of. Those cogs with teeth like mountains and a slow, unhesitating pace. It's important to Those People that things keep going into the cogs, because it keeps them running smoothly. And Those People know that if Cog #594390 ever clicked so much as a nanosecond out of line with Sprocket #57823, it would mean certain d00m.

Don't think about that, citizen.  We have many bright things for you to look at, and many fun diversions for you.  A great deal of effort has been expended to give you what you want, and at rock-bottom prices, we might add.  It simply wouldn't do to be so ungrateful as to refuse these shiny, wonderful things, would it?  No, that sort of behavior is exhibited by badwrong people who don't want nice things.  You've seen them, those people walking.  Living under bridges, panhandling because they didn't want what we have to offer.  Empty people.  Smudgy people.  People from unfurnished countries.  We're against them that.

Who are we?