News:

PD.com: More merciless than a statue of Ming.

Main Menu

THE WAR ON GERMS

Started by Suu, November 18, 2009, 05:45:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

This shit ain't taken me alive.

I have zinc lozenges, NyQuil, pseudoephedrine (the real deal), Ricolas, and green tea.

There is no way in hell I'm catching the flu or any semblance of a cold. No sir. This sore throat and stuffy nose? If it's there in the morning it better be prepared for some serious biological warfare.

NO GERM INFECTS ME AND GETS AWAY TO TELL THE TALE.

INVADERS MUST DIE!
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Lies

WOOP WOOP WOOP! GO PRODIGY REFERENCES! 
- So the New World Order does not actually exist?
- Oh it exists, and how!
Ask the slaves whose labour built the White House;
Ask the slaves of today tied down to sweatshops and brothels to escape hunger;
Ask most women, second class citizens, in a pervasive rape culture;
Ask the non-human creatures who inhabit the planet:
whales, bears, frogs, tuna, bees, slaughtered farm animals;
Ask the natives of the Americas and Australia on whose land
you live today, on whose graves your factories, farms and neighbourhoods stand;
ask any of them this, ask them if the New World Order is true;
they'll tell you plainly: the New World Order... is you!

fomenter

this stuff does a real good job  "allergy research anti ox"

full of good stuff that works
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Sir Squid Diddimus

WAIT JUST A COTTON PICKIN MINUTE!

is that the evil midnight bomber what bombs at midnight???

Suu

And so he says to me, you want to be a bad guy? and I say Yeah Baby! I want to be bad! I says Churchill space ponies I'm making gravy without the lumps! Ah ha ha ha ha haaaaa!!!!!

Zinc! It's what's for breakfast.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

LMNO

It appears the NyQuil hasn't worn off yet.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Suu on November 18, 2009, 03:19:46 PM
And so he says to me, you want to be a bad guy? and I say Yeah Baby! I want to be bad! I says Churchill space ponies I'm making gravy without the lumps! Ah ha ha ha ha haaaaa!!!!!

SO SHE SAYS I NEED A GIMMICK!  I SAID I GOT A GIMMICK, BABY!  HIIIIIIGH EXPLOSIVES!
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Suu

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 18, 2009, 03:26:37 PM
Quote from: Suu on November 18, 2009, 03:19:46 PM

SO SHE SAYS I NEED A GIMMICK!  I SAID I GOT A GIMMICK, BABY!  HIIIIIIGH EXPLOSIVES!

60 SECONDS TIL MIDNIGHT...60 SECONDS TO NOWHERE, BABY! YOU HAVE ALL BECOME VICTIMS OF THE EVIL MIDNIGHT BOMBER THAT BOMBS...HEY! PAY ATTENTION!!!!

Kai

Quote from: Suu on November 18, 2009, 05:45:47 AM
This shit ain't taken me alive.

I have zinc lozenges, NyQuil, pseudoephedrine (the real deal), Ricolas, and green tea.

There is no way in hell I'm catching the flu or any semblance of a cold. No sir. This sore throat and stuffy nose? If it's there in the morning it better be prepared for some serious biological warfare.

NO GERM INFECTS ME AND GETS AWAY TO TELL THE TALE.

INVADERS MUST DIE!

Note: medicating symptoms within the first 24 hours actually extends the length of the illness, because the symptoms are biological immunoresponses to infection. When you lower the symptoms you lower the body's ability to fight the disease. Therefore, within the first day of feeling sick, its best to refrain from nyquil, etc. There are very few medications you can take that are actually antiviral, and you can't purchase any of those over the counter.

Not that you should listen to me, since I am sick. Again. The second time this semester.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Suu

I was told the opposite when it comes to homeopathic medicines which I swear by.  Things like NyQuil are really just analgesics anyway and mask the symptoms temporarily. (I more or less took it so I could sleep good, because I don't sleep when I'm sick, and I also had a fever that needed reducing.)

However, another thing to remember for people that may be feeling kinda sick this year too, is that zinc and Airborne won't do shit for influenza, only rhinovirus (colds).  And echinacea is only preventative. Once you're symptomatic, there's not really anything it will do (but it won't hurt either.)

I'm off today, so basically I'll be popping a Cold-Eeze every 3 hours, drinking tea and water, and orange juice. If my throat gets sore, I'll have a Ricola in between Cold-Eeze. But I also have a lot of shit to do, so I can't lay around. Which I personally feel is the worst thing you can do when you're sick anyway.

rygD

Suu, do you know what it might be?

Did anybody here get sick from the pig flu vaccine?  (Maybe I should ask who got the vaccine.  I told them I didn't want or need it, but it wasn't my choice...)  Many people here said they got ickiness from it.  I, as usual, was fine.
:rbtg:

Quote from: rygD on March 07, 2007, 02:53:03 PM
...nuke Iraq and give it to the Jews...

The Good Reverend Roger

I got some sinusy thing, AND I mangled my legs at the gym last night.  On the treadmill.  I was distracted by an amazing ass on the eliptical ahead of me, my legs got tangled up, and I shot off the back of the treadmill at 4.2 MPH, in a heap.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Suu

Quote from: rygD on November 18, 2009, 05:00:53 PM
Suu, do you know what it might be?

Did anybody here get sick from the pig flu vaccine?  (Maybe I should ask who got the vaccine.  I told them I didn't want or need it, but it wasn't my choice...)  Many people here said they got ickiness from it.  I, as usual, was fine.

I don't give a fuck what it is, because it's not about to be around long enough to tell the tale. I'm already feeling 75% better than I did yesterday.

I didn't get the vaccine or any flu immunization because I don't want to pay to be injected with a live portion of the influenza virus in hopes it doesn't make me sick. I have faith in my immune system and the supplements I'm taking to blow this shit out of my system effectively. The best vaccination is exposure and then knowing how to care for it. Like Chicken Pox. I've survived Scarlet Fever, Mononucleosis and a fucking E. Coli infection, no shitty little cold or flu is going to take me alive.

However, if it IS the pig pox, and my roommates catch it, I will probably laugh. Hard.

rygD

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 18, 2009, 05:02:38 PM
I got some sinusy thing, AND I mangled my legs at the gym last night.  On the treadmill.  I was distracted by an amazing ass on the eliptical ahead of me, my legs got tangled up, and I shot off the back of the treadmill at 4.2 MPH, in a heap.

I spent about 2.5 hours on the eliptical waiting on my ride to finish working out and bullshitting.  My legs did not want to work anymore.  There was some guy behind me for a while.  I am happy to know you are on another continent, otherwise I might be worried about you violating my man ass.
:rbtg:

Quote from: rygD on March 07, 2007, 02:53:03 PM
...nuke Iraq and give it to the Jews...

fomenter

Quote from: Squid on November 18, 2009, 07:35:26 AM
WAIT JUST A COTTON PICKIN MINUTE!

is that the evil midnight bomber what bombs at midnight???
"You'll never prove a thing copper, I'm just a part time electrician. I... I... I... BAD IS GOOD, BABY! DOWN WITH GOVERNMENT!"
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp