News:

Several times a month, I will be in a store aisle reaching for something and feel a hand going up the inside of my thigh. When I turn around to find myself alone with a woman, and ask her if she would prefer me to hold still so she can get a better feel for the situation, oftentimes she will act "shocked" claiming nothing had happened, it must be somebody else...

Main Menu

Yeah, LMNO, so this Patrick Henry freak...

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, November 18, 2009, 03:55:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Cain on November 23, 2009, 08:34:37 PM
Quote from: Cramulus on November 23, 2009, 08:27:01 PM
It sounds like the goal here is to create or strengthen a subversive network. Which might be of use later?

That's it, pretty much.  Create a network and create mutually beneficial relationships, get a discussion going about possible solutions...and let things go from there.  The aim would be to try and get across, say, some of the worldview of this place to groups receptive to it (at least, until we get better at it) and, if they agree with our basic criticisms, see what ideas they come up with.

The actual work would likely take place IRL, of course.  But part of kicking that off involves creating the subversive bazaar online first.

I was thinking about the momentum that built up a while ago in this vein. A general effort to expand the network to the benefit of everyone involved.

My estimation of why that failed was that the very real possibility of the community shifting its social dynamics to that of a large group caused concerns about a sudden undesireable shift in the Zeitgeist of the forum and turning into an "organization" (OMG). 

I could be totally off base here, but isn't this a hurdle that would need to be overcome, considering how many people may have a strong interest in maintaining the status quo?

Do you see Cram's EncycloPDia as an example of the "subversive bazaar"?
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Cramulus

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Phox

:mittens:

Alright, now I'm pissed off at the world once again.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Doktor Phox on February 22, 2011, 01:11:32 AM

Get me started on Thomas Paine.  I dare ya.   :lulz:

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Phox

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 22, 2011, 01:17:56 AM

Unnecessary. I had temporarily forgotten why I hated humanity, because I had a long run of human decency. Spending the better part of my afternoon sitting in the lobby of a law firm while the absolute least violent person I know hired a defense attorney,  this rant, and a couple other threads today reminded me why I am a twitching ball of hate.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Doktor Phox on February 22, 2011, 01:34:47 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 22, 2011, 01:17:56 AM

Unnecessary. I had temporarily forgotten why I hated humanity, because I had a long run of human decency. Spending the better part of my afternoon sitting in the lobby of a law firm while the absolute least violent person I know hired a defense attorney,  this rant, and a couple other threads today reminded me why I am a twitching ball of hate.

We here at the First Tucsonan Church of the Wrath of Baby Jesus and RibshackTM can improve upon that.

Phox

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 22, 2011, 01:40:05 AM
We here at the First Tucsonan Church of the Wrath of Baby Jesus and RibshackTM can improve upon that.

Then preach it, Reverend. Phox is ready to torch the place, paint herself with the ashes, and merrily dance off into the night. Let's improve that.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Doktor Phox on February 22, 2011, 01:47:26 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 22, 2011, 01:40:05 AM

Then preach it, Reverend. Phox is ready to torch the place, paint herself with the ashes, and merrily dance off into the night. Let's improve that.

Tomorrow after the critical lift at work, I'll barf it up.

BadBeast

Just found this thread, and it makes me think. There's some cracking ideas here, in PD generally, and this thread has touched on some viable ways to start implementing them. The "Network" thing has real potential. There must be lots of sites where we already have people posting regularly, that have the potential to be primed towards a more activist distillation of our better ideas.

Ideologically, I think people are so disillusioned with the recycled bullshit that gets churned into their consciousness every day by the shitpump, all it will take is some well presented alternative to get people off their arses.  Look how quickly the "Dump the Dictator" thing has taken off in the middle east this last couple of weeks. The ideas have been there for a long time, admittedly, but the thing that triggered it, was seeing someone getting up and doing something. And the people who got up and did something, first needed to know that they had the support of people from outside of their "Tribe". Which they got through the internet. If the eyes of the world are watching, and interactively supporting any action, then there's no knowing how far things can go.
I'm not suggesting we should all take Discord to the streets (yet) because things aren't focused enough, but some of the ideas in this forum, properly presented, to the right kind of people, in the right way, will take on a momentum that could shake the establishment to the core.
Anyway, I don't know where this is going to go, but it has the potential to go anywhere, and the people with the right kind of crazy to pull it off.              
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube