News:

PD.com: The most patriotic board in America - jointly run by an Australian, an Irishman, a filthy Dutchman, a Canadian and some guy from the West Indies.

Main Menu

I think my relatives are trying to get a rise out of me for Christmas...

Started by Suu, November 20, 2009, 02:45:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

This is one of a few forwards that they sent me already:

White House

no more

Christmas Ornaments!

Hard to believe what Obama is doing, but I checked this out on hoax/slayer. The White House will celebrate "Winter Holiday" this year, not Christmas. I hope the people in this country wake up soon.

Thought you might be interested in this information from the White House. This isn't a rumor; this is a fact.
We have a friend at church who is a talented artist.  For several years she, among many others, has painted ornaments to be hung on the various White House Christmas trees.  The White House sends out an invitation to send an ornament and informs the artists of the theme for the year.

She got her letter from the White House recently.

It said that they would not be called Christmas trees this year.  They will be called Holiday trees.

And, to please

do not send any ornaments painted

with a religious theme.

She was very upset at this development and sent back a reply telling them that she painted the ornaments for Christmas trees and would not be sending any for a display that left Christ out of Christmas.

Just thought you should know what the new residents in the White House plan for the future of America .  If you missed his statement that

"we do not consider ourselves a Christian Nation"

this should confirm that he plans to take us away

from our religious foundation as quickly as possible.

Oh Lord .............!

I need something to counter this. ASAP.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Suu

...Should we do a ForwardGASM?  :fap:

Also, my mom shot back:

QuoteReally [my dad's name], you haven't been to church in years and we both voted for Obama. Knock it the hell off, you fucking hypocrite.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

LMNO

Suu

And it's from the  St. Petersburg Times?! ROCK THE FUCK ON. BEST NEWSPAPER EVER.

LMNO

The entire politifact website is pretty cool.  It seems accurate, and attempts more impartiality than any other place I've seen.  Including factcheck.org.

Suu

The St. Pete Times has won countless recognitions on being a truly fair and balanced news source. It's always voted the #1 Florida Newspaper and the largest circulated paper in Florida.  Politifact and TBO are just a couple of their online subsidiaries. When newspaper sales started to go down because of the internet, it stepped it's online game up and did it right.

Their sports section is great. They don't sugar coat a damn thing, and the writers are good at chastising the home teams when they deserve it.

When I moved to Rhode Island and started reading the rag they call the Providence Journal, I was like, "What is this shit?!"

Freeky

That email, as untruthful as it may be, and your mom are full of win.

Suu

My mom doesn't put up with my dad's hypocrisy. This can be loads of fun or loads of fighting, depending on their moods.

Jasper

Talk about spin.  People see a guy being more accepting of other religions and acting with a bit of perspective and integrity, and suddenly the story is that Obama hates christianity.

Fuquad

Quote from: Felix on November 21, 2009, 01:52:54 AM
Talk about spin.  People see a guy being more accepting of other religions and acting with a bit of perspective and integrity, and suddenly the story is that Obama hates christianity.
He's accepting of religions?

Why does he hate atheists?
THE WORST FORUM ON THE INTERNET

East Coast Hustle

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Lies

- So the New World Order does not actually exist?
- Oh it exists, and how!
Ask the slaves whose labour built the White House;
Ask the slaves of today tied down to sweatshops and brothels to escape hunger;
Ask most women, second class citizens, in a pervasive rape culture;
Ask the non-human creatures who inhabit the planet:
whales, bears, frogs, tuna, bees, slaughtered farm animals;
Ask the natives of the Americas and Australia on whose land
you live today, on whose graves your factories, farms and neighbourhoods stand;
ask any of them this, ask them if the New World Order is true;
they'll tell you plainly: the New World Order... is you!

East Coast Hustle

that poster makes no reasonable argument as to why the lack of a religion is in and of itself a religion.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: Rip City Hustle on November 21, 2009, 08:20:57 AM
that poster makes no reasonable argument as to why the lack of a religion is in and of itself a religion.
You know... it's like how my current hair color is bald. And my favorite hobby is not collecting stamps.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘