News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "I've always, always regarded the Discordians as being people who chose to be Discordians because they can't be arsed to actually do any work to develop a relationship with a specific deity, they were too wishy-washy to choose just one path, and they just want to be a mishmash of everything and not have to work at learning about rituals or traditions or any such thing as that."

Main Menu

Battery-less Remotes

Started by Shibboleet The Annihilator, December 20, 2009, 04:46:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elder Iptuous

I'm curious of the outcome once small scale energy harvesting technologies are refined and commoditized...
how much of an impact on our technology with that have?
industrial applications are already using vibration energy harvesting for wireless sensing modules etc.  So it's not just old technologies made a bit greener.  it's new technologies allowed by losing the requirement of having a bulky power source attached...

Dysfunctional Cunt

If they can generate energy from button pushing, my sons could power an entire city block with their texting....

Chief Uwachiquen

Quote from: Khara on December 23, 2009, 07:40:54 PM
If they can generate energy from button pushing, my sons could power an entire city block with their texting....

I still don't understand texting. Like, I text if I need to leave someone a short message and I don't care when they get it. But like, if I want to have a conversation I'll just fucking call. The only time I ever texted more than that was when I was working for Wal Mart and had nothing better to do and the only alternative was to actually have some initiative and do more than they asked me to do.

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: Chief Uwachiquen on December 23, 2009, 07:45:26 PM

I still don't understand texting. Like, I text if I need to leave someone a short message and I don't care when they get it. But like, if I want to have a conversation I'll just fucking call. The only time I ever texted more than that was when I was working for Wal Mart and had nothing better to do and the only alternative was to actually have some initiative and do more than they asked me to do.

Sounds like you understand it perfectly fine to me.
the fellow mashing his phone in the car next to me as i'm going down the highway at 70mph so that he can say 'LOL' to his buddies text....doesn't.
misuse of technology doesn't invalidate it.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Chief Uwachiquen on December 23, 2009, 07:45:26 PM

Well, aside from the fact that texting can't be "overheard", with most companies, there is an unlimited texting option.  Thus allowing you to pay for less minutes because they are texting instead of talking. 

NotPublished

I get free texts, much cheaper than calling. Most of the time I would rather be doing something else than talking on a phone .. I miss alot of my phone calls to, best way to contact me is via text.
In Soviet Russia, sins died for Jesus.

Jasper

I've come to favor it because I can send witty one liners without the chance of ruining the joke.

Edit:  Also I must have this remote.