News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "In other words, Discordianism, like postmodernism, means never having to say your sorry."

Main Menu

Hacker Gets the Goods on Global Warming... or something

Started by Bebek Sincap Ratatosk, November 20, 2009, 09:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Thurnez Isa on November 21, 2009, 05:11:21 PM
What I don't understand is if these people wanna take a political position and deny global warming why don't they just drop 20 bucks and get a subscription to Geology Magazine or Lithosphere and just go through the actual data, cause like I said for every article in which the data seems to support global warming in the popular sense there is one that seems to challenge some aspect of it. I can't vouch for Nature or what ever climatologists read.
If these people are going to be nit picky, then why don't they just be nit picky with the actual data rather then this conspiratorial crap?

Cause conspiracies are FUN! 
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

Hangshai

Quote from: Thurnez Isa on November 21, 2009, 05:11:21 PM
What I don't understand is if these people wanna take a political position and deny global warming why don't they just drop 20 bucks and get a subscription to Geology Magazine or Lithosphere and just go through the actual data, cause like I said for every article in which the data seems to support global warming in the popular sense there is one that seems to challenge some aspect of it. I can't vouch for Nature or what ever climatologists read.
If these people are going to be nit picky, then why don't they just be nit picky with the actual data rather then this conspiratorial crap?

That was kind of what I was saying.  The fact that the data ITSELF seems questionable, whether its based on computer models(where do they get the data for the models, make them up? Averages? Pull them out of a hat?), or on actual observed data, when you hear an actual scientist who HAS studied the thing say that the data observed is not enough to know WHAT is going on.  Scientists know SOMETHING is going on.

Triple Z had the right idea, whether its man made or not, something is happening.  Whether its 'just another ice age' that seems to come in regular intervals every so often or whatever, or if industrialization is causing it seems to be moot at this point.  I personally think that the discordian way of affecting big change my making small change that directly influences more small change is the way to go here.  I also think if we (meaning everyone/civilization) were just to do something as simple as, oh, cut down on fast food, then that would lead to less deforestation of rain forests for cattle, which would lead to more forests for co2 to air, etc etc etc.  Probably wishful thinking, but, there is no reason TPTB need to go to Copenhagen and make a bunch of new laws for me to follow. 

But you know, fuck me, what do I know.
All text and pictures uploaded by/to/from this person/account is/are purely fictional and for entertainment purposes only. Or not.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Quote from: Cain on December 23, 2009, 11:10:00 AM
Copenhagen was always about Obama and Jintao swinging their dicks at each other, before coming up with a compromise to fuck the G77 in the ass.

I wish someone would WOMP this.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.