News:

PD.com: children are filled with joy, adults are filled with dread and local government is filled with stupid

Main Menu

ITT, I am in desperate financial straits...

Started by East Coast Hustle, November 20, 2009, 10:26:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

East Coast Hustle

...which is why, ITT, you try to talk me out of joining the National Guard.

GO!
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Jasper

Become a pishtaco instead.  It's like the army, but you make your own hours.

The Johnny

I have heard here and there that Roger was in the military at some point.

I would like to hear his reasons.

As of myself, i wouldnt want to deal with grunts all day.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

BabylonHoruv

You'll just get kicked back out again.  Unless I am reading your level of bullshit tolerance completely wrong.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

Dimocritus

Quote from: Rip City Hustle on November 20, 2009, 10:26:29 PM

GO!

You need to be talked out of it?
I've been in a pretty shitty spot financially for a few years now, and I wouldn't even consider it (but that's just me, I suppose). Fighting war is the male version of prostitution, there are better ways to make ends meet but still keep a bit of your dignity. 
HOUSE OF GABCab ~ "caecus plumbum caecus"

fomenter

i talked to a recruiter due to desperation last year, and i didn't get past the promise that i could serve here (at home) but the national guard wont guarantee the promise and you get stationed where they decide...  you should talk to a recruiter even if its just for the LOLs,  i might have considered it more seriously if i wasn't to old and married, the weird thing is when i was young and single i didn't have the ability to put up with the BS and the following orders, now i am old and married that doesn't seem to be the hard part for some reason....
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: dimo on November 20, 2009, 11:56:35 PM
Quote from: Rip City Hustle on November 20, 2009, 10:26:29 PM

GO!

You need to be talked out of it?
I've been in a pretty shitty spot financially for a few years now, and I wouldn't even consider it (but that's just me, I suppose). Fighting war is the male version of prostitution, there are better ways to make ends meet but still keep a bit of your dignity. 

Like stripping!

How good are you with people on the phone, and medical terminology? My friend's work is looking for a coordinator. The coordinator talks to the families of the recently deceased and, well, coordinates cornea donation. It's not an easy job and it only pays $15-ish an hour, but it's work.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

East Coast Hustle

if someone wanted to pay me to take my clothes off, I'd be on it with a quickness. Hell, I usually do that for free.

also, as long as the families have previously agreed to the cornea donation and I'm not making cold-calls, I might be up for that. And if I'm not, the missus probably is.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

East Coast Hustle

she's totally down for it. I'm'a have her call you after we get back from Safeway.

Chief Uwachiquen

Quote from: Rip City Hustle on November 21, 2009, 01:45:55 AM
if someone wanted to pay me to take my clothes off, I'd be on it with a quickness. Hell, I usually do that for free.

also, as long as the families have previously agreed to the cornea donation and I'm not making cold-calls, I might be up for that. And if I'm not, the missus probably is.

I feel like there's a terrible pun in here, somewhere.

Captain Utopia

Quote from: Chief Uwachiquen on November 21, 2009, 02:15:46 AM

I don't see it.

Fuquad

Quote from: FP on November 21, 2009, 02:20:08 AM
Quote from: Chief Uwachiquen on November 21, 2009, 02:15:46 AM

I don't see it.
Keep an eye out for it.
THE WORST FORUM ON THE INTERNET

The Johnny

Its irissistable to point out that it isnt really a pun.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Fuquad

That doesn't mean that we can't be cornea 'bout it.
THE WORST FORUM ON THE INTERNET

BabylonHoruv

sheesh, and I figured it had something to do with taking your clothes off and being cold.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl