News:

Sometimes I rattle the cage and beat my head uselessly against its bars, but sometimes, I can shake one loose and use it as a dildo.

Main Menu

Gnomes invade north and south america

Started by Rococo Modem Basilisk, November 20, 2009, 11:52:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Of course, reports of "creepy gnomes" aren't restricted to the United States. In fact, readers of this blog may recall posts around March of 2008 dealing with a "creepy gnome" seen around the Salta province of Argentina. Strangely, this creature was described as looking very much like a typical gnome as represented in Germanic folklore; culturally, this creates a few problems. To quote myself from the original article, "For the reasons above, culturally there are many problems with a "gnome" appearing in Argentina; for instance, these creatures are a part of the folklore of mostly northern and eastern Europe, having been known famously by such names as Kaukis and Tomten in Germanic traditions, as well as Barbegazi further south in France. Having been a part of the culture of this region for centuries, one might find it more credible if reports of a "gnome" were seen here, especially with his trademark pointed hat." Apparently, these creepy gnomes no nothing of culture when it comes to where they decide they want to appear.

Are there indeed strange, very small "spirit folk", or "fairies" which exist in remote areas around the world? Could they be strange, hidden races of "hobbits" which exist primarily underground, hidden from view? Or could they be mere folklore, nothing more than legends that represent some weird archetypal element in the human psyche?

Source: http://gralienreport.com/fortean-phenomena/land-of-the-roamin-gnomes-southern-little-people-and-gnomes-abroad/

Skip to creepy youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKL9eKRFBYo&feature=related

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Jasper

Oh, excellent! I hope they come to Portland.  I could really use a race of easily throwable humanoid sentients.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Jasper

Yeah, saw that one a while ago.  Still not sure what to make of it.

Cain

Yeah, some of the "gnome sighting" videos are pretty good.  To the point that I've wondered if we're not dealing with professional pranksters here.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Or professional gnomes? I have no clue what could make that kind of shape, and there's no evidence of cuts, which means that if it was done professionally they must have set the stuff up before starting filming and timed it to work out perfectly, or digitally edited a vague shape on later.

Template

Quote from: Enki v. 2.0 on November 21, 2009, 03:06:30 PM
Or professional gnomes? I have no clue what could make that kind of shape, and there's no evidence of cuts, which means that if it was done professionally they must have set the stuff up before starting filming and timed it to work out perfectly, or digitally edited a vague shape on later.

Film in HD, edit, degrade image, compress as shit, upload to Youtube.

???

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Maybe. The lighting was right, though, and most seemed to be legit in the claim that it was a phonecam.

It's odd that all of these are popping up in argentinia, though.

Cain

Good call on the Hopkinsville stuff.  That was incredibly weird, I've read about it elsewhere.  I suppose if you were going to draw parallels, there are worse ones to consider.

Cain

There was one in South America where a policeman went missing for a week, and claimed he was abducted by some sort of strange dwarf-like creature, which performed a kind of initiation ceremony on him.  Apparently sightings like that are quite common down there, as are UFOs that appear to cause injuries and even death to people who get too close (like the Colares UFO incident).  Any link between the two is unknown.

Elder Iptuous

I've got one of those living at my house...
here's a picture that, although a couple years old, clearly shows it's garb...

Crrrreeeeeepy!

Cain

I used to kidnap garden gnomes and set them free.

I believe I am still the only British-based commander in the FLNJ (Garden Gnome Liberation Front).

Elder Iptuous

I've got a neighbor down the street that has about 20 of them in his yard.  he actually did it well, there's only a couple that are obvious.  the rest you really have to look for.

as a commander of the FLNJ, how would you recommend liberating them?
what has been your most successful tactic? 

Cain

Having a job where you can easily go on other peoples property (paper boy, in my case) for recon, and then going in very early in the morning, stealing as many as possible, and moving them to the release zone.  Which in my case was usually across the road, with amusing signs about gnome liberation.

I lived in an especially boring village for several years, and it shows

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Quote from: BAI on December 19, 2009, 04:07:27 PM
QuoteI suppose if you were going to draw parallels, there are worse ones to consider.

sounds ominous. go on then, do tell. I can think of an old one where a man is dragged out of his bed by a small evil gnome type being, but I'm pretty sure that was in The Unexplained mag back in the 80's, and I can't seem to find it on the web. I can recall that there used to be a tonne of ufo abduction reports about small clawed gnome like creatures, some blue, some not, but all said to be sinister.

Sounds familiar, but that shit seems to happen across the board with all entities.

Quote this turns up in a google image search of gnome sightings.

not that gnomic really.

Seems like it's a normal-sized person shot from a long distance.

DWARFS

Diminutive humans who have allegedly been encountered in or near caverns in various parts of the world, including northern California and the south-eastern Arizona / south-western New Mexico region and in some in connection to UFO's, although most reported 'dwarf' sightings in connection to UFO's are actually sightings of the saurian 'greys'. These should not be confused with the small 'elementals' or 'nature spirits' which some believe are ethereal in nature yet have the ability to appear in solid or semi-solid form at times. The Dwarf races are allegedly just as human as surface peoples but average between 3 to 4 ft. in height, although at times they have been seen as small as two feet. As with the 'giants' or 'Els' this diminutivity may have resulted in a genetic anomaly which ran it's course due to the separation of their race(s) from the International 'gene pool'. They allegedly live in subterranean systems to a large extent as a 'protective' measure. And as we've said, some allegedly possess 'aerial disk' technology and interplanetary travel capabilities.

:argh!: Northern California. fuuuuuuuu-

This is what gives cryptozoology a bad name.  :argh!: