News:

"Those who seek should not stop seeking until they find. When they find, they will be disturbed." - Jesus

Main Menu

The Parlour PDX - Nefarious Discordian (Not-So-Secret)Lair

Started by Telarus, November 24, 2009, 07:32:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telarus

So some spags I know quite well through the PDXOcculture group have started an all-ages music venue/hang-out spot/weirdness magnet call THE PARLOUR, right next door to the Chaos Cafe:

THE WORKER-OWNED COOPERATIVE VENUE WITH A SWEET 'STACHE

Live music, theater, vegetarian/vegan fare, and tasty microbrews.
Plus art, clothing, books, zines, and much more.

Fri - Sat: 7:00 pm - 12:00 am · Sun: 4:00 pm - 12:00 am
2628 SE Powell Blvd · Portland, OR 97202

And have already gotten a good review in the Willamette Weekly: http://wweek.com/editorial/3602/13353/

The point being, 2 of the main organizers (Phiz, and Jon Fenderson) are good friends, very much self-identifying Discordians, and know I hang out online with you crazy spags.

THEY WANT PROPAGANDA!

For the walls, to hand out, and to be a general point of access to modern Discordian thought.

At the moment, I'm seriously strapped for funds, or I'd just be raiding all of the other threads here and printing shit out. (They already have a ton of RAW and related book on sale via the R6XX.com folks.)

CRAM> If you still have access to a printer @ work, would be up for sending me a 'care package'?

Anyone else have any ideas?
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Cramulus

Quote from: Telarus on November 24, 2009, 07:32:48 AM
THEY WANT PROPAGANDA!

Ooh! I just happened to make a big list of postergasm pdfs just a few minutes ago

Postergasm: Volume Aleph
Postergasm: Volume Dingus
Postergasm: Volume Calvinball
Postergasm: Volume Butts
Postergasm: Disinfomercials
23 things to Amuse Yourself While You Wait
101 Ways to Make Everybody's Day Weirder
Why I Put Up Posters

QuoteCRAM> If you still have access to a printer @ work, would be up for sending me a 'care package'?

I think I can do this. Do you have anything in particular you need? Hit me with a snail mail address.

Suu

I really need to design some sort of Discordian hot spot in Providence. Steeple Street is getting there though...I just can't let the owners know my cunning plans.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

East Coast Hustle

Dude, that's about a 10 minute walk from my apartment. Once I've gotten a regular schedule I'll let you know what my days off are and I'd be happy to offer any help I can, even if it's just doing some grunt work.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I'll have to go check it out... maybe I can bring my cute boy to it.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Telarus

Awesome! I'll be sure to keep this thread updated on the current happenings. Oh, and their business card kicks ass:

I'll think on some specific pieces I'd like to see in there and PM you my addy Cram (probably later tonight, I've got studying to do @ school).
Telarus, KSC,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,

Cramulus

btw - you guys should be a distributor for Six Way Moustaches. They're like $.30 a piece if you buy 'em by the box.

I would gladly pay $5 for a coffee if it came with a stylish moustache!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I love how the moustache has become the jesus fish of Discordianism. I think I'm going to put one on my front door, to identify myself to passing Discordians.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on November 24, 2009, 08:48:54 PM
I love how the moustache has become the jesus fish of Discordianism. I think I'm going to put one on my front door, to identify myself to passing Discordians.

I need to find where I can get a box of those fuckers.  The big, obnoxious ones that Cram wears.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Telarus

Quote from: Cramulus on November 24, 2009, 08:34:24 PM
btw - you guys should be a distributor for Six Way Moustaches. They're like $.30 a piece if you buy 'em by the box.

This is a great idea. I will mention this to the Parlour spags.
Telarus, KSC,

Suu

Quote from: Cramulus on November 24, 2009, 08:34:24 PM

THIS.

For this I would fly 3000 miles for a cup of coffee.

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Telarus

So looking around, I can find them for $0.46/each here if I order more than 27 @ a time: http://www.houseofchuckles.com/moustaches-beards.htm (#PC-0040 )

Most websites won't sell them in bulk, if you know of anywhere else I can get these at a good deal in bulk, let me know.
Telarus, KSC,

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Telarus on November 25, 2009, 06:00:07 AM
So looking around, I can find them for $0.46/each here if I order more than 27 @ a time: http://www.houseofchuckles.com/moustaches-beards.htm (#PC-0040 )

Most websites won't sell them in bulk, if you know of anywhere else I can get these at a good deal in bulk, let me know.

I ordered 30, thanks!

Cramulus

Quote from: Telarus on November 25, 2009, 06:00:07 AM

that's the ticket! Considering these things usually retail for $4-5, 50c apiece is a great deal.

then you need to get some pics taken of the cafe full of people wearing fake moustaches. That'll bring in the crazies from far and wide.

Iason Ouabache

You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘