News:

Also, i dont think discordia attracts any more sociopaths than say, atheism or satanism.

Main Menu

Salsa: the miracle food-product

Started by Cait M. R., November 24, 2009, 01:44:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO on November 25, 2009, 01:38:19 PM
FACT: chopping up tomato, garlic, onion, serrano and cilantro with lime juice, tequila and salt is better than salsa.

fixed.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

trippinprincezz13

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on November 25, 2009, 04:54:28 PM
FACT: chopping up tomato, garlic, onion, serrano and cilantro with lime juice, tequila and salt is better than salsa.

fixed.

This. I've had a few jarred salsas that aren't bad, but those ones are also usually more than I want to pay for a salsa. Making my own is just cheaper, more delicious and pretty easy.
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

Sir Squid Diddimus

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on November 25, 2009, 04:54:28 PM

fixed.

well yeah. but I really wanted to use giant exclamation points.

Suu

I am perfectly happy with Tostitos jarred salsa. In fact, I won't eat ANYTHING ELSE. Pace sucks. Old El Paso really sucks. If I gotta have it from a jar, it's Tostitos or GTFO.

I also like their cheese dip.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Sir Squid Diddimus

b-b-b-b-b-but

b-but it's so easy to make.
like seriously. ten minutes, boom, fresh yummy salsa

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

The jar kind is handy to keep around because it's basically pickled, and keeps forever.

You can also jar your own, which is a nice thing to do with extra garden tomatoes. I didn't get to do it this year because my housemate kept insisting she wanted to do things with the tomatoes, then picking a bunch of them and letting them rot. Next year I will ignore her and do as I please with the tomatoes.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

Ok, to be honest, I really like Green Mountain brand.

I just wanted to be a prick.

East Coast Hustle

Green Mountain Gringo salsa is awesome, especially the roasted garlic salsa.

I went out of my way to carry their salsas and tortilla strips when I had the pizzeria/store.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

LMNO

Dysfunctional Cunt

I like Green Mountain. I'll eat Tostitos.  I prefer to make my own because I like very chunky roasted veggie salsa and that is really expensive to buy.

Jenne

Making salsa is like making nectar of the gods in this family.  And we can put back about a gallon of the fresh stuff in no time flat.  My husband's mom makes an Afghan variant I'm not too fond of but some may like nonetheless.  She doesn't add lime but instead uses a fuckton of peppers and onion, with very little tomato.  I told her I like balance, and so I like the cilantro and tomato notes to come out rather than the dominance of onion and pepper.  I also like a lot of lime juice and the juice from a can of pickled jalapenos in it as well (not the jalapenos themselves unless they're fresh,  just the juice from the can).

East Coast Hustle

I've got a couple different kinds of vinegar that work great depending on the flavors you're working with.

For example, coconut vinegar goes awesome with fruit-based salsas such as peach or mango.

cane vinegar seems to complement corn salsa really well as well as any salsas using alot of roasted peppers.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Kai

damn this thread makes me so hungry for fresh salsa
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Triple Zero

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on November 25, 2009, 05:35:06 PM
The jar kind is handy to keep around because it's basically pickled, and keeps forever.

You can also jar your own, which is a nice thing to do with extra garden tomatoes. I didn't get to do it this year because my housemate kept insisting she wanted to do things with the tomatoes, then picking a bunch of them and letting them rot. Next year I will ignore her and do as I please with the tomatoes.

ooh could you post recipe/instructions for this? please?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Triple Zero

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.