News:

All you can say in this site's defence is that it, rather than reality, occupies the warped minds of some of the planet's most twisted people; gods know what they would get up to if it wasn't here.  In these arguably insane times, any lessening or attenuation of madness is maybe something to be thankful for.

Main Menu

His worst week ever.

Started by Freeky, November 24, 2009, 05:42:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freeky

My poor little guy. He's had a really bad week, and so far it hasn't ended. Last Tuesday he got a fever that he didn't get over until yesterday, but it went down over the weekend. Sunday, he fell off a high barstool. Yesterday, he fell in the fountain in the backyard, and then he got a poke and a prod in the ER for his rash. Today, he fell off the back of a chair and hit his ear and head on the printer table right next to it on the way down. I'm lucky that dice makes everything better...

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Mistress Freeky on November 24, 2009, 05:42:43 PM
My poor little guy. He's had a really bad week, and so far it hasn't ended. Last Tuesday he got a fever that he didn't get over until yesterday, but it went down over the weekend. Sunday, he fell off a high barstool. Yesterday, he fell in the fountain in the backyard, and then he got a poke and a prod in the ER for his rash. Today, he fell off the back of a chair and hit his ear and head on the printer table right next to it on the way down. I'm lucky that dice makes everything better...

Two year olds specialize in trying to kill themselves.  They will actually wait until the see that you're busy, THEN they'll try out their newest experiment in gravity/electricity/animals.

I raised two kids, as you know, and both of them tried their very best to remove themselves from the gene pool.  As I understand from other parents, this is not unusual.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Suu

My brother drank lamp oil when he was 2. He had to go to the hospital to get his stomach pumped.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Freeky

I'm not sure whether to be relieved that this is normal, or resigned cuz I have another year and more of this to go.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Mistress Freeky on November 24, 2009, 05:52:37 PM
I'm not sure whether to be relieved that this is normal, or resigned cuz I have another year and more of this to go.

Try four more years.   :lulz:

Kids are self-destructive until then.  It's Darwin's final test for parents.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Sir Squid Diddimus

Quote from: Mistress Freeky on November 24, 2009, 05:52:37 PM

This is normal. It never stops btw.
Well, it does when they have kids...    usually

Freeky

Damn.

Does anyone think he's okay to go down for a nap? It's his nap time, but he hit his head pretty hard.

Reginald Ret

ask a doctor, not random people on the internet
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Freeky

Quote from: Regret on November 24, 2009, 06:28:53 PM
ask a doctor, not random people on the internet
Haven't got a doctor, I'm too poor. :/

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Mistress Freeky on November 24, 2009, 06:25:16 PM
Damn.

Does anyone think he's okay to go down for a nap? It's his nap time, but he hit his head pretty hard.

How hard?

Suu

Check his pupils. See if they are dilated all wonky.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cramulus

if you shake him really hard, do you hear rattling?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cramulus on November 24, 2009, 06:44:33 PM
if you shake him really hard, do you hear rattling?

BAD CRAMULUS!  NO MUSTACHE!

:lulz:

Freeky

His eyes look okay, and he was going into "I'm so tired, I'm PISSED!" mode, so I put him down.

Sir Squid Diddimus