News:

Don't get me wrong, I greatly appreciate the fact that you're at least putting effort into sincerely arguing your points. It's an argument I've enjoyed having. It's just that your points are wrong and your reasons for thinking they're right are stupid.

Main Menu

Hate spreading & the Islamic stamp hoax

Started by Mangrove, November 24, 2009, 07:20:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Quote from: Jenne on November 25, 2009, 06:17:35 PM
There are two Eids, LMNO.  This one coming up on Friday marks the Eid of Sacrifice.  The first one that you are talking about did mark the end of Ramadan and did already happen in September, but there are always 2.

Eid stamps have been around for years.  My husband insists on buying them so they stay in circulation (his little part for a religion that gets dumped on yet has a bit of celebration left in it in the USPS way of business, I guess, even though he's not religious by any means).  So we get them and send them with our Xmas cards to folks who celebrate(d) Eid instead.

I am not shocked nor am I surprised by the above OP, however.  It's mighty typical.

ARE YOU SAYING WIKIPEDIA IS WRONG???
  \
:lord:

Jenne

Quote from: LMNO on November 25, 2009, 07:20:37 PM
Quote from: Jenne on November 25, 2009, 06:17:35 PM
There are two Eids, LMNO.  This one coming up on Friday marks the Eid of Sacrifice.  The first one that you are talking about did mark the end of Ramadan and did already happen in September, but there are always 2.

Eid stamps have been around for years.  My husband insists on buying them so they stay in circulation (his little part for a religion that gets dumped on yet has a bit of celebration left in it in the USPS way of business, I guess, even though he's not religious by any means).  So we get them and send them with our Xmas cards to folks who celebrate(d) Eid instead.

I am not shocked nor am I surprised by the above OP, however.  It's mighty typical.

ARE YOU SAYING WIKIPEDIA IS WRONG???
  \
:lord:

:lol:  I hadn't even looked at Wikipedia, if that's where your link was from.  But this stuff is pretty well documented elsewhere.

And I'm just giving y'all the benefit of my white-girl experience.  We're "celebrating" Eid on Friday.  Yippee.

Mangrove

What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

LMNO

Mangrove

What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

Jenne