News:

Also, i dont think discordia attracts any more sociopaths than say, atheism or satanism.

Main Menu

Awesome? or Awful!?

Started by Roaring Biscuit!, November 27, 2009, 03:11:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roaring Biscuit!

could go either way in my opinion, enjoy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2pk7wjLqsM

I'm not massively pleased with the opening, come of the voice over is bit rubbishy, but when the music kicks in (about 00:20) I think it really starts to work.

Also, please excuse the chocolate voice, it was late, I was mildly alcoholised and I was trying to whisper 'cause the walls here are paper thin.

Comments?  Flames?  Praise?

x

edit: sorry, gonna re-upload, its for some reason exported in awful quality

Roaring Biscuit!

OP updated, youtube is no longer spag... maybe a little spag

The Johnny

At the beginning, the silences you utilize are too long and make the tempo uneasy.

You can hear the sniffs at 1/3rd.

when the guitar part starts the rythm comes together.

Your fingers sliding on the frets sound too loud near the end.

Sometimes it sounds mumbleish. (I wonder how it would come out if whispered instead)
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Roaring Biscuit!

Quote from: JohNyx on November 27, 2009, 04:08:18 AM

when the guitar part starts the rythm comes together.

I find it really funny that you say that, 'cause I couldn't hear the guitar while I was doing to voice over, but its cool that it seems rhythmic anyway :)

Quote from: JohNyx on November 27, 2009, 04:08:18 AM

Your fingers sliding on the frets sound too loud near the end.

Sometimes it sounds mumbleish. (I wonder how it would come out if whispered instead)

Unfortunately I can't change the guitar, everything except the voice was pieced together from offcuts of a differerent project.  I might try whispering at some point and see how it sounds tho.

x

edd

BluTakDuck

i likes it. But then i have a habit of liking things on youtube that others despise. So it might just be me.
</sarcasm>

Jasper

I couldn't listen to it because my headphones make it sound like you are speaking from right behind my neck.

Cramulus

I just got your book, Musings of a Faceless Man, in the mail. And I was instantly BLOWN AWAY -- the quality is so high! Each page is so beautiful and so lovingly crafted.

And I came on here to send you a message about it and then you go and hit me with this thing--! It's so breathless and beautiful - it's kind of how I picture sepia's pieces to be if he were to set them to video. Stirring, sentimental, delicate...

you've got the touch, man. You just keep on doing what you're doing, okay?

Freeky

You'd better not apologize for your voice again, boyo.   :argh!:

I really liked this. Keep at your creative stuff, man, it's really good.

Captain Utopia

This is great.  I know what you mean, it could go either way, and the closer you get to this sort of thing the harder it sometimes is to tell.  But you nailed it.

:mittens:

Roaring Biscuit!

wow, thanks a lot all of you :)

I'd completely forgotten I'd even posted this here!  I mean, it seemed to drift by largely unnoticed, and I'm not one to bump a clearly dying thread :P

QuoteI just got your book, Musings of a Faceless Man, in the mail. And I was instantly BLOWN AWAY -- the quality is so high! Each page is so beautiful and so lovingly crafted.

Awesome, I was going to PM you to see if you'd got it, glad you like it.

QuoteI couldn't listen to it because my headphones make it sound like you are speaking from right behind my neck.

little creepy?

x

edd

Dysnomia

oh my god hawt accents on this board!  

:fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap:

eta: You sound a bit like Cain too.  CAIN'S ALT???????
It's all fun and games, till someone gets herpes.

http://cdn.smosh.com/smosh-pit/122010/mow-the-lawn.gif

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Wow, I missed this the first time around... LOVED IT! Am sharing with my friends now.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

E.O.T.

WELL DONE!

the film texture is great

THE VOICE-OVER

and music fit perfect
"a good fight justifies any cause"

Dr. Paes