News:

It's a bad decade to be bipedal, soft and unarmed.

Main Menu

You can't pay for this kind of advertising

Started by East Coast Hustle, March 11, 2014, 04:37:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Jet City Hustle on March 12, 2014, 11:49:48 PM
See? You can trust that guy.

The starfish, I mean.

Obviously.

Nobody but a fool would trust the guy in the hat.

I don't see why not.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Sir Squid Diddimus

Quote from: Jet City Hustle on March 12, 2014, 03:45:17 PM
Quote from: Sir Squid Diddimus on March 12, 2014, 11:58:54 AM
Sad thing is, there are lobsters here, but nobody wants em.
My brother used to catch em when he'd go to Jupiter.
Florida: everything is frozen and pre-packaged here.

(not everything, but most things)

No, there are langoustines there. Real lobsters do not live farther south than Rhode Island. If it doesn't have a pair of big-ass claws, it's not a lobster.

Though spiny "lobster" are delicious. I actually prefer their flavor to the flavor of real lobster, but real lobster is about 1000x more tender.

Well I guess these guys were just wearing big ass claws that they ripped off of some other creature, then.
Only been here for 30 yrs but you know... fact is fact I suppose. ::shrug::
Either way, dungeness crab beats lobster any day, but a good lobster roll is something that can't be found here.

LMNO

Chesapeake Blue Crab. Grew up on it.

Pain in the ass to get the meat out, but damn. That's the shit.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 12, 2014, 11:55:36 PM
Quote from: Jet City Hustle on March 12, 2014, 11:49:48 PM
See? You can trust that guy.

The starfish, I mean.

Obviously.

Nobody but a fool would trust the guy in the hat.

I don't see why not.

:lulz: OMG
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Jet City Hustle on March 12, 2014, 04:46:09 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on March 12, 2014, 03:54:50 PM
I'll say it: I don't really like lobster that much.

The only exception is when I had fresh-killed lobster sushi. That was pretty amazing.

I love lobster. Primarily for its profitability.

For my own mouth-hole, I vastly prefer crab.

And as I said, though it's a bit tougher I love the flavor of the false lobsters. Spiny lobster is great, slipper lobster is even better.

I fucking love crab. And on the West coast, in my opinion there is no finer crab, for flavor, than rock crab, which NOBODY fishes commercially. They are smaller and harder to crack, but they are sublime.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Jet City Hustle on March 12, 2014, 07:39:47 PM
If you love scallops, you would.

I'm generally a little too old and have been through a few too many ups and downs to bother being boastful about shit, but I truly believe that there is not a human being alive who is better with a fresh sea scallop than I am.

If I had to make one dish to save my life or win a billion dollars or some shit like that you can guaran-goddamn-tee it will involve a seared diver scallop that is perfectly medium-rare all the way through except for the seared exterior.

I came.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Jet City Hustle on March 12, 2014, 07:41:37 PM
Though IMO no preparation in the world beats eating one fresh out of the shell while it's still alive.

So, I spent my 11-18 years in the Straits of Juan de Fuca, and I think that one of the things about being an island kid is the understanding that eating things alive right out of the water is THE BEST POSSIBLE WAY.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Sir Squid Diddimus on March 13, 2014, 12:23:39 AM
Quote from: Jet City Hustle on March 12, 2014, 03:45:17 PM
Quote from: Sir Squid Diddimus on March 12, 2014, 11:58:54 AM
Sad thing is, there are lobsters here, but nobody wants em.
My brother used to catch em when he'd go to Jupiter.
Florida: everything is frozen and pre-packaged here.

(not everything, but most things)

No, there are langoustines there. Real lobsters do not live farther south than Rhode Island. If it doesn't have a pair of big-ass claws, it's not a lobster.

Though spiny "lobster" are delicious. I actually prefer their flavor to the flavor of real lobster, but real lobster is about 1000x more tender.

Well I guess these guys were just wearing big ass claws that they ripped off of some other creature, then.
Only been here for 30 yrs but you know... fact is fact I suppose. ::shrug::
Either way, dungeness crab beats lobster any day, but a good lobster roll is something that can't be found here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_lobster

I don't know what animal you are talking about but if it's caught in Florida waters it's not the same animal I'm talking about.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

East Coast Hustle

They do apparently live as far south as Cape Hatteras, though the catch for NC, VA, MD, and Delaware combined makes up less than 0.1% of the total reported catch most years.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Sir Squid Diddimus

WHAT THE HELL DID I EAT!?!?

Whatever, that Spock picture is fucking killing me.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Sir Squid Diddimus on March 13, 2014, 01:18:33 PM
WHAT THE HELL DID I EAT!?!?

Whatever, that Spock picture is fucking killing me.

If this was the future, Spock would be correcting ECH nonfuckingstop, until he lost his shit, did that shoulder pinch thing on ECH, and then mind-melded with Michelle Bachman as a particularly grotesque form of suicide.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.