News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "Spoiled brats of the pagan world, I thought. I really don't have a lot of respect for Discordians. They just strike me as spiritually lazy."

Main Menu

So Nigel, let's just talk in hypotheticals, here.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, November 27, 2009, 05:21:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kai

The world is full of weird people. THEY don't want you to know that though, do they? Because if you found out everyone was weird as you, or even weirder, doing their freaky stuff out of the view of the public, at home and/or in the bedroom, everything would break down, wouldn't it? Because you aren't /allowed/ to be weird, there's something wrong with you if you are weird at all, have to be normal, have to be normal just like everyone else. If the secret got out that everyone dresses up in superhero costumes in the bedroom or likes how it feels to take a dump or keeps molars in a jar under their bathroom sink, THEN the system would be fucked, because everyone would know that no one is normal and THEY couldn't keep you thinking you had to be normal anymore. Everyone's weirdness would come out of the closet, and no one would be able to shove it back in.

And how awesome would that be?
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

fomenter

Quote from: Doctor Rat Bastard on November 27, 2009, 04:40:47 PM
I'd say keep her, though you may need to keep your bank account separate... I hear she has a habit of giving away money.
:lulz:

not knowing "why" would be a sin..... weird like that must be explored to it depths.... 
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Epimetheus

Roger, are you the real Spider Jerusalem?

(Or did you kill him and drink his blood?)
POST-SINGULARITY POCKET ORGASM TOAD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS

Captain Utopia

Quote from: Kai on November 27, 2009, 05:11:43 PM
The world is full of weird people. THEY don't want you to know that though, do they? Because if you found out everyone was weird as you, or even weirder, doing their freaky stuff out of the view of the public, at home and/or in the bedroom, everything would break down, wouldn't it? Because you aren't /allowed/ to be weird, there's something wrong with you if you are weird at all, have to be normal, have to be normal just like everyone else. If the secret got out that everyone dresses up in superhero costumes in the bedroom or likes how it feels to take a dump or keeps molars in a jar under their bathroom sink, THEN the system would be fucked, because everyone would know that no one is normal and THEY couldn't keep you thinking you had to be normal anymore. Everyone's weirdness would come out of the closet, and no one would be able to shove it back in.

We're getting there I think. It's one of the things I love about the internet.

Epimetheus

Quote from: FP on November 27, 2009, 05:45:49 PM
Quote from: Kai on November 27, 2009, 05:11:43 PM

We're getting there I think. It's one of the things I love about the internet.

Slightly closer, but I'm completely unsure we'll ever get to a point where people realize everyone is weird (= everyone isn't normal = no one is normal).
POST-SINGULARITY POCKET ORGASM TOAD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS

Richter

Don't go and start making sanity rolls now after all this.  Whether it's the high dessert where everyone expects you to scream like the new tenant in the ant hill, or New England where EVERY kind of shit is kosher, so long as you keep an oil slicker of "NORMAL" over it, it's the same.
We've all got those mason jars full of sins somewhere.  Hell I've got several.  One thing that I know though, being a 21st century sort of pervert, you never keep thee things under your sink.  Hide better places, farther away harder to access.  Unless of course, you need to get at them conveniently when you need them.  What you do with molars, though, I haven't tried enough to know yet. 
If you like teeth, I bet it's fun as all HELL. 

I could be pessimistic, some folks just collect.  It can get compulsive, like the way I am with tools, scrap steel, or used copies of "Dune".

If nothing else I'd say it's worth asking about, La Coroner sounds like quite a character.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

LMNO

To be honest, I'd be more freaked out to walk into a room filled with used copies of Dune.

Richter

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

The Johnny

Now that im actually not HAVING FUCKING DINNER, id say you should see her again... the copro association was just due to its location but im almost sure its not there in reality...

the worse could be that she diddles herself while holding/watching the jar, which would make her teh kinky  :lol:

id just ask her to not keep it under the toilet, would even be kind of nice if she kept it in a bookshelf or a desk

(NOT THE KITCHEN FFS)
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: LMNO on November 27, 2009, 07:01:53 PM
To be honest, I'd be more freaked out to walk into a room filled with used copies of Dune.

Well, that depends on what they were used for...
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

The Good Reverend Roger

Yeah, you guys are right!  I should totally date a chick that brings home momentos from the morgue!  That's not pyschotic at all.  What the fuck was I thinking?  And I just gotta find out what she has really hidden, if that shit was in the bathroom!

JESUS SLAPNIPPLES CHRIST, I'LL CALL HER RIGHT NOW!
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Nast

I don't think there's a tactful way of informing someone that you've stumbled upon their stash of body parts.  :horrormirth:

"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

The Johnny

Hey, if she has a craneum, you could turn it into the grotto of an aquarium.

And watch on hours without end, how the beta fishes duke it out with the pistol shrimps over dominion of "skull mountain"

:fap:
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

The Good Reverend Roger

WELL, SHE'S GAME, SO I'M OFF IN 3 HOURS TO SEE HER AGAIN!  THANKS, PD!

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nasturtiums on November 27, 2009, 09:55:48 PM
I don't think there's a tactful way of informing someone that you've stumbled upon their stash of body parts.  :horrormirth:

What the fuck are you freaked out about?  Apparently, my second horrible thought of Wednesday night was right, and this sort of shit is apparently normal and healthy.